HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hi all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clyffe

PostSubject: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 am

Hi everyone! (wall of text!! hehe)
Saw a post at mmorpg.com about the linkshell and am wanting to join. I've played FFXI here and there throughout the years, but nothing very substantial. Each time I was always by myself and had no one to party with or to talk to really. I'm wanting to get back in full force and play and am hoping you guys will let me tag along with you. Also looking forward with great interest to FFXIV!!

Here is a history of my gaming:
I've been playing MMOs since 2000 when a friend got me into EQ. Since then, I've played or at least tried many many MMOs - EQ, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AoC, LotRO, Tabula Rasa, Maple Story, Flyff, CoV, CoH, GW, Pirates of the Burning Sea, EVE Online, Darkfall, AO, Aion, DAoC, DDO, Lineage 2, Ragnarok Online, RF Online - I'm sure you get the point by now haha. In all of these, whenever able, I like to play the healer role. Just something about keeping those little life bars full makes me happy. Though I can be OCD about it sometimes. But my motto: better to heal when not needed than to not heal when needed.

At the moment, I'm downloading the trial to FFXI, and am hoping there aren't too many limitations on trial accounts. If there are, I'll just buy the bloody thing and be done with it. I'm not really playing any MMO atm, and would like to get really involved into FFXI!

On a more personal note:
My name is Jordan, 25, and have just recently re-enrolled into college. Hoping to do it right this time and do well. I have classes in the morning so am free to play in the afternoon and evening except for when I am studying. I live on the East Coast in the US and usually stay up pretty late. I have gamed with several West Coast people who go to bed before me sometimes hehe.

All in all, looking for a good group to game with and get to know in FFXI and into FFXIV later down the road. Hoping I can help contribute too and help wherever need. I know it'll take time since I'm the uber noob lol. Thanks all! Looking forward to it!

Clyff
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 am

Hello hello, nice to have ya interested in us. So let me ask after playing all those MMOs prior what makes you wanna keep returning to FFXI....hehe?

Anyway, there are no restrictions on the trial as far as I know so lemme know once you're in-game and I'll get ya a pearl for our LS!

Upgrade to a member shortly, then please be sure to read through our LS posts...lots to see and read!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Clyffe

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:16 am

Got my character made and did some running around in Bastok. Had to go with Clyffe as my name since Clyff was already taken. No biggie. I have always liked the Final Fantasy series, and enjoyed being immersed in the stories. FFXI is different from other MMOs. It isn't some kiddy cartoony game that you can master easily. As far as I know, getting levels is an accomplishment and is not as easy as in other games. I know they helped out the solo crowd some with FoV and Level Sync, but still overall it isn't an "easy" game when compared to others. I've never really been able to give it a fair chance since I've never had anyone to play with. Though I will admit, the controls are going to take a little getting used to again =)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:24 am

Changed your forum name to reflect your char as everyone's is...

I'll be back later today to get a pearl for ya if someone else doesn't....and you did start on Fenrir yesh?
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Clyffe

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 am

Yup! Started on Fenrir as a Hume in Bastok since that's the only starting city I kind of remember. And the forum name isn't a problem. I'm usually one or the other, with alts being different variations of the name. Thanks! Look forward to getting together with you all in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Hey Clyffe, glad to have you and looking forward to sharing some good times with you in game. Please give me or any of us a shout if there is anything we can do for you
Back to top Go down
Kayfabe

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 am

Heya Clyffe and welcome to the LS! Well I just recently started myself and im still hanging around the Bastok Area, if ya need any help questing/exping just hit me up :D Name is Kayfabe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 am

Hi Clyffe, glad to have you in game. I too am a college student so I feel your pain. There are days where I would love to play but studying had to come first!

Hope to see you in game real soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all!   Today at 9:13 am

Back to top Go down

Hi all!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: