HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Introduction   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:08 am

Wanted to start by saying congratulation on making a very nice web site.

After reading a post on MMorpg.com, i decided to come and take a look, and read some of the post.

Iv started to learn bits about everyone here and thought id share too.

Im N old time gamer from the east side of Canada. (i say this cause its like 2am here)

(is this the time you normaly are on playing ?)

Im almost 30 years old
Married, and father of tow young girls.

The passion for mmos for me come from charackter creation. That feeling I get when my "Toon" feels real and alive for me.(iv been know to restart a charackter 15 times befor geting him right.)

Online Games iv played include Eq1, SWG, Eq2, WAR. (been off Mmo's for over a year.)

I keep N eye out for upcoming mmo's mostly on Mmorpg.com, known as Local93bc there on that site.

The final fantasy that really got me to love this franchise is the one for the Super NES.

Other then it and the original I can't say iv tryed any of the other FF.

Ok well ill start with that and update more information periodicly as i go forward.

Sorry for the typing. French was my first lingo.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 am

Thanks for the compliments!

Well I'm based in Central USA, and the other members are all in the US as well as far as I recall. So we will be a US based Guild, however that won't stop us from letting anyone in that wants to join us, but they're have to adapt to our playtime schedule. Being that FFXIV will once again be worldwide region free servers, no matter what time one of us in on there should be someone there to play with...if not one of us. {I do tend to stay up late too often...hehe}

I know what ya mean with character creation...takes me forever to finalize my character. To the point that I'll make one, log in and play for awhile and see how I enjoy looking at the choice I made and if not I delete and start over.

If you have the time I'd suggest you give FFXI a trial just to see what its all about and what you've missed out on, or at least play some of the others...they are some of the best RPGs out there, and FFXI in particular is just an incredible MMO. Was is II or III on SNES you liked most, or their real #'s are IV and VI?

Is all good...every sentence was written well.

Is nice to meet you, and I'll get ya upgraded to a member and then there will be even more for you to look over...hehe
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 am

Was is II or III on SNES you liked most, or their real #'s are IV and VI?

It was the one with the Callers. im not sure about the #
God was it ever fun.

Iv just finished Dragon Age arround 3 weeks ago
It reminded me of how im such a sucker for the Epic story's lol
(restarted my charackter 15 times befor getting it done. lol)

I downloaded the Original FF on my wii 2 weeks ago. Im Runing that atm.

I got a 2 tanks 1 Black mage and 1 white mage party.

Its invoking some old memories i hade thought lost lol.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 am

Was reading this over again, and you mentioned having played EQ, well if you remember the old days of how slow EQ was, and mostly group based where you pick a spot or camp on the map and one member pulls mobs back to the party to kill. Thats how FFXI plays.

It can be slow at first but it picks up once you get into the swing of things...you'll like it if you still enjoy that style of play, and with the Level Sync I mentioned before you can now party with anyone no matter what lvl they are, they just sync down to your lvl and go from there! Its very nice...

Last edited by Khalus on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:33 am

my best memories of pure fun playing mmo's are from thos days.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 am

There ya go then...you'll be right at home with FFXI, and its quite possible FFXIV will follow suit, but with a bit more action. Although SE has commented that most parties will be based like FFXI where its Party vs one mob, with the occasional group of enemies.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 am

Ill be on there tomorow trying it out.
Its going to take a bit of time to download.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 am

There is an extensive update you'll have to go through as well, that could take from 2-3hrs to as much as 12hrs...depending on your connection.

There is also the PlayOnline viewer you need to DL and update as well which hosts FFXI...you can get that also on the right----> the Windows Vista or 7 button. If you're using either of those you need that version, otherwise if you're running XP, then wait and use the one with the installer you're DLing. {Well I doubt it matters if you get the better one right now...}

If you get POL now, you can install and update that and get an account created and be ready to go to update FFXI once you get that installed. Also if you havn't already, but I'm assuming you've signed up for the FFXIV beta, you have a Square-Enix account, right?

Oh and one last thing if you want, you might as well DL the Vana'diel Benchmark 3 too, also on the right----> and find out how well your PC will run FFXI. I'd like to know too, so I can help you enhance the graphics if your PC is capable of higher rez BGs and other tweaks!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 am

Yep Iv got n account up for ff beta.
dont think ill get in but you never know lol.

I have windows vista so i gess i ll look for that.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 am

Its a very different MMO than what has been coming out post-WoW years, and there are a ton of optional tweaks and enhancements you can do on the PC over the console versions that make it look so much better.

Unfortunately you also said you like to play around with char customization, since the PS2 has held it back, the options are extremely limited and everyone has the same heads/hairstyle, but you can customize your look with armor after lvl 40; it becomes more job specific and colorful and more unique!

Overall though, for an 8yr old MMO, it has aged extremely well, and best of all there are no overly huge weapons or glowing effects and crazy fruit-loop color styles that make your eyes bleed!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 am

Finaly loged on to the ventrilo . mabe ill see you in there tomorow.
Im sure ill have a few questions if you or anyone is willing to check in =)

Noticed you just posted the guidline!
speeking of Eye Bleeder =)

Ill be reading it in sections lol
Alot of hard work on your part.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 am

Yeah, quite a bit more extensive that I at first wanted to avoid, but every single one of those points were necessary to have covered.

Oh yeah, I forget to log into Ventrilo when I'm not playing an MMO. Usually listening to other music or watching shows. I'm there now though, and will be using it again with FFXI and FFXIV. The server is still paid for through June, then I'll be needing another $50 to buy another year of service.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 am

I alway got to be carfull with vent at night. wife gets really aggressive when i wake her up with it lol!

Im not going to get on it tonight but tomorow when i log into the game ill default in it so check in anytime i just might be in there =)

Im looking forward to helping with the vent server. as soon as i feel i can contribute Ill be happy to pitch in.

In the summer i make OK money so i can't see a problem in helping out with it then.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:39 am

Alrighty, for now though its covered but I'll be sure to let everyone know in a newsletter when funds will be needed to help cover the cost. Previous members helped me pay for the first yr, so hopefully we'll get a repeat performance...hehe

Ah np on late night Vent...usually I like to turn it off too and just use text and listen to game music.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:48 am

Well the download speeds are fast tonight. I thought it would take me much longer then this.
Mabe i can get it all patched befor morning. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 am

hehe...nifty!
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 am

You can't make me vent !! Onigiri Cry ( unless there is a way I can change my output voice to sound like a chipmunk) Not sure if the ps3 version of FFXIV will have an in game chat system or not but it is something to consider. You know how SE gets about 3ed party programs , even the ones they should include in the game. ( like 80% of what windower does)
I'll be on FFXI sometime during the week. Going to go ahead and finish blu I think. My wife said there are plenty of places I can solo now. ( still have to party brd though)
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm

How many players you know got banned from using vent?
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

None but everyone I know in FFXI only uses windower. Not one of them has been banned for using windower though one guy went to the in game jail for a day for using another program that gave him ranger tracking abilities on a smn. I don't know if Vent would fall under the TOA or not. It really does not interfere with FFXI in any way and all it does is allow you voice communication. My only personal issue with it is the compatibility for PlayStation players as you may be unable to install anything like it.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:37 pm

None, cause Ventrilo is perfectly acceptable!

SE has also stated that they will not support or include any type of Voice Communication within FFXIV, they said it will be based on text only, but that you can use Ventrilo instead!
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

You know if there is a voice option for PS3? really don't want a lap top next to me just so I can chat .
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Nope, looking for the quote, but they said no voice support for any platform!
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Bugger all. I hate voice any way but I figured they could just do like they do in the fps titles. Ah well, you guys never get to hear my sweet hillbilly surfer on helium voice :P ( how's that for an image in your head ? Onigiri XD )
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Well I do like to chat with voice on occasion in parties and it also makes it a ton easier to explain things to new players or long-winded info to anyone. You can always just log in and listen and not talk. Several members did that last time too and just respond in text...it works well!
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 pm

We had vent for WoW but you know how WoW people get. That is where my criticism of vent comes from. I know the FF crowd is more mature and if I have the lap top set up it is not a problem to log in. Just don't ask me to recite Tolstoy Onigiri Sad . I know in heavy raid situations it works well as long as the raid leader lays down a rule " no talking while directions are being given" and "clear vent for the tanks / healers while fighting bosses".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Today at 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next