HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

FFXIV Gameplay Compilation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:37 pm

I saw this video posted the other day on YouTube but didn't link it, but it has popped up over on the Dreams in Vana'diel forums with a bunch of extra information about combat below; that we've read before, but its nice to have it all together in one spot!

Quote :
This is a compilation of various clips of Final Fantasy XIV, alpha version from a videogame convention.

Thanks for watching!

FFXIV will be released after XIII, in 2010.

* Unlike in FFXI, the 4 different versions of the game are being developed simulataneously to prep for worldwide launch of the game.
* Auto attack is removed.
* Even if a skill gap is present among party members, kiling a monster will still grant combat skill increase.
* Skill caps are equivalent to level caps.
* Short guild leves are developed for those who do not have much time.
* There are specific combat skill Guild Leves - uses sword as an example.
* Different nations will have different guild leves.
* Aetheryte system developed for convenience and focus on content outside of cities. Reduce travel time for groups meeting up and make the entire system more efficient.
* Aside from just items and money, NM(Notorious monsters) may present rare item drops in Guild leves.
* HNM guild leaves are being developed for large groups and are being considered to be implemented in the game at launch. (HNMs confirmed?!?!)
* There won't be any overlap between players killing monsters for guild leves since they are all instanced for the guild leve recipients.
* There is non fighting content for crafting classes, but for advanced dungeons fighting will be necessary.
* Weapons now have durability, working with a crafter or leveling a crafting job yourself will be crucial to progression.
* Economy will still be trade among players driven with an auction house possibility. Other options are still being considered.
* SE is attemping to create an economy and trading system that people who do not play often can use as well.
* Currently only the 3 starting nations exist.
* Main storylines are going to play a large role once again, this time with voice acting.
* English voice acting thus far, subtitles provided for other regions.
* The main aim or motivation for players in FFXIv will be "growth". You can develop your character and grow how you want to. Something a casual player and a hardcore player can share.
* Variation among armor progress more drastically than FFXI!
* Different armor will have different skill requirements. Each weapon has corresponding gear paths. There is general purpose gear and skill purposed gear, example is fencers for increased speed of sword skill leveling.
* SE would love to start the beta immediately, but more development work needs to be done. Tanaka wants some playable form of the game available to everyone like the 30 minute guild leve example at Gamescom.
* Tanaka wants a very large group of people to be able to test the game and provide feedback as early in the development as possible.
* Sundi wants to expand the GM team from FFXI to help with the beta of FFXIV.
* The Special Tast Force will be back for FFXIV, and use of SE security tokens may become required.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Interesting, was watching the video above and there is a split-second that the map is opened. Very happy to see the grid based map has returned. Not only that but the maps have the same look and feel as they do in FFXI...sahweet!

Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 am

Cool never saw this befor! Thx for taking the time to get it on here
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:10 am

* There won't be any overlap between players killing monsters for guild leves since they are all instanced for the guild leve recipients.
I hope I am reading this right in that there will be instance rather then everyone fights for play. This would be a dream come true. It was the only thing I liked about WoW. No need for cut throat tactics if each guild has its own instance.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh yeah, Guildleves are all going to be instanced per party or player, but mobs on the over world will still be free game, but on that note mobs will also lock to the person who lands the initial blow just like in FFXI.

SE is working to avoid as much negativity or harassment inducing issues as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:54 pm

I love that the task force will be there at launch. RMT's have to be fearing that bit of news.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Considering SE are the only devs that really cared about stopping RMT, and they all but have...like 98% of it. I expect to see FFXIV built in with all those feature that stopped it in FFXI and even more on top of that that the RMT won't be expecting; and they'll be caught very quickly, and it won't ever start and become a problem.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 pm

The news that Guild leves will be instanced is a GOD SEND. the best part about XI is it's structured partying system, and now that it'll be implemented in something similar to WoW's instances rather than world is awesome awesome news.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Awesome, I didn't know most of the stuff written below the vid. Thanks! OMG voice acting in the cutscenes O_O /excitement... I'm a little unclear on the concept of Guild Leves though. Are they like BCNMs? Are they more akin to WoW instanced dungeons? (Is it just a boss or do you have to fight your way to a boss?) hmmm.... It's nice though that you can still skill up even if there's a large skill gap between you and your party members.... kind of eliminates the need for a level sync system. I am kind of worried that that will mean having higher levels in your party that make things ridiculously easy and boring :x but we'll see how it works.

Edit: Also, I thought it was funny that until towards the very end of the video, every time someone was about to swing or shoot a weapon, the camera cut to another scene or another character that wasn't in combat yet xD that was probably the most uncombative gameplay compilation I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Gameplay Compilation   Today at 3:55 am

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Gameplay Compilation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1