HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello FF Lovers =)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ayaneko

PostSubject: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:02 am

Hello all =)

My name is Dima and I'm a 21 year old person from Canada.

My bet would be that I am one of a few rare gamers who haven't played any FF games (save for my attempt to try FF7 a few years ago for roughly 2 hours). With that said, I've started playing MMORPGs since the release of Guild Wars and became a huge fan of the genre. Over time I tried various games but couldn't find anything that was able to interest me due to a crappy PvE aspect that most of the games seem to have. Fortunately, though, after browsing mmorpg.com for days I somehow managed to luckily stumble across a mention of the fact that FFXI and FFXIV are supposed to be concentrated around PvE and that peaked my interest. And, I went searching for info about the games, watching trailers and screenshots, attempting to find out if the game will be for me and managed to come to this forums =)

Thus, with all of that mentioned, I am hoping to become a member of this linkshell and become a member of this community.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:21 am

Why hello there Seraphim or Dima; now that is a cool name. I like it very much...

Anywho, yeah wow no FFs, except briefly VII; still though you're not alone in that achievement as I've met quite a few that have never touched a FF game. For more on the series and why its so special I'd suggest you scroll down to and watch all 13 parts of the Final Fantasy Retrospective; its really well covering the entire series thus far and will really get ya into the series quickly, yet briefly.

Now as far as FFXI and FFXIV being the ultimate in PvE adventures, yes you are correct and they are pretty much all that's out there, in this plague of horrible PvP components being added to every MMO that claim are PvE, but are ultimately run by and dictated by the PvP ruleset....so so wrong and well; blah...

I'd highly suggest you give FFXI a trial then and join us in-game as we're already there for some of us and ultimately having a return on Feb 2nd. It'll definitely be an experience worth savoring every moment, if you truly want the PvE journey of a lifetime. The best storyline and lore of any MMO too, including personal CG cut-scenes that your character actually plays a part in too...rawr!

hehe, anyway...I'll get ya upgraded to a member in a sec, and welcome to our LS community!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:01 pm

YAY! Thanx for the welcome and an invite to the linkshell =)
Back to top Go down
Torpy

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Welcome Seraphim :) Great to see even more people joining the ranks for FF XI
Back to top Go down
Fauste

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Seraphim! I think you'll enjoy XI if your looking for PvE, it's a really rewarding experience when your in a group.

If you havnt' already you should check out the free trial XI is offering, 14 days and you get to see if it's for you.
Back to top Go down
Yonnie

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Welcome! I don't think you will be disappointed with FFXI or FFXIV for that matter. SquareEnix offers a free trial for 30days. Check it out!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:26 am

Welcom to the comunity!
Where from Canada do you hail!?!
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Ontario, Mississauga =)
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Im in the Capital....
I think we might be the 2 only Canadiens on here.
Bro. =)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Is all good though, we love ya all, no matter where you hail from!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Ayaneko

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Everyone loves Canadians, eh?
Back to top Go down
Kith

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 am

Not me ( kidding, 90% of my family lives in Winnipeg) My Grandpa was born in Moose Jaw and moved to the US. FF always has a huge Canadian population so you guys will fit right in.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 am

Amarican and canadiens are almost the same I find we both ARE really brainwashed (jk) =)
Back to top Go down
Torpy

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 am

Heya Seraph, welcome :)

I hope I wasn't confusing you last night, hehe. What are your feelings so far about the game?
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Greetings and welcome. While it's still pretty hardcore with it's time commitments, FFXI has aged very, very well. A few regedits for resolution and it's on par with most modern MMOs (graphically). As far as content goes, there's way more than enough to keep you busy till FFXIV comes out. SE's always been really, really good at providing plenty of good group based PVE content.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello FF Lovers =)   

Back to top Go down

Hello FF Lovers =)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1