HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hiya!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Citrond

PostSubject: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi! I'm new to the forums :) I've been playing FFXI since the Playstation 2 release in 2002, for chunks of around 5 months at a time, with little breaks in between to try new games. Of all the games I've tried I always return to FFXI :) The first time I played I was an elvaan warrior on Cerberus, but I've since lost that character. Then I played a hume red mage on Phoenix who is still around but hasn't been played in awhile as I didn't feel like reactivating him upon my return and dealing with the massive inventory / mog safe space issues he had haha xD instead, when I came back in Fall 2008, I started a Galka (Shieldingboa), who is currently capped at 50 on his warrior (wasn't able to find any help with Genkai 1 ; ;), and has thief and ninja leveled to the upper half of the 20's, as well as monk at around level 38, if I remember correctly. Around the time I was forced to quit due to Playonline not working with the ISP I switched to in November 2008, we were doing Promyvion missions... which were amazing, but I don't think we ever did kill any of the bosses... we just came insanely close haha :p I think I was rank 5 or 6 with regular missions.

Anywho, just logged in to Playonline tonight and was pleasantly surprised to see that it's working for me again :P So my plan is to return in February or March. I'll probably start a new character on Fenrir (I understand that's where you all are playing? Khalus invited me over here from the MMORPG.com forums ;) ) to kind of test the waters a bit before I pay for a character transfer for my Galka over (if I can even do that... I don't even remember xD) I really did enjoy the enfeebling role that I played so often in parties on my red mage, so maybe I'll play one of those while I test things out :)

Hope to see you all in game soon :P

Also, looking forward to FFXIV :D

Edit: More background info: FFXI was not my first MMO. My first was Everquest, which I loved then, but has since grown so large, and the playerbase shrunk so much, that there isn't much left to do... at least not until higher levels, and I can't stand the game anymore long enough to get that high haha xD... I also played Dark Age of Camelot and Horizons: Empire of Istaria before Final Fantasy XI, and many more since... but FFXI is one of the few around that's still group / community centered by design, rather that solo / quest-based with the occasional group quest / instance until end-game. And FFXI has a lot of unique classes / jobs that are amazingly fun to play :p Ninja, Red Mage, and Dragoon are examples of classes I have found no equivalent to in any of the other games I've played... Excited to get going again :p ok, /ramble off.

Last edited by Shieldingboa on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Heya, welcome to our forums, and shortly our LS. If you restart are you planning to play a Galka RDM? That would be interesting...hehe Yup we are on Fenrir, and we are returning in a few days with many already in on trial/30day accounts getting ready.

Not that it'd be too hard to catch up, but if you return in Feb. then you'll be lvling with a good pop of lower end members too.

Well, feel free to talk with us as much as possible...plenty of topics to join in here and start getting to know us even more.

Oh ya, played EQ and DAoC also...both very good, but have greatly adopted to the new quest-based-solo-only style of leveling and they've lost their luster. Square-Enix are the only developer that ave stuck to their original design and core gameplay with just slight tweaks here and there.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks :D haha, no, when I make a character on Fenrir it'll be one with a better aptitude for casting... hume or taru, likely :) although I have played the mage classes a bit on Shieldingboa :) He has all but Red Mage and Blue Mage at ~ 20 I think. Got Shiva from the capped lv 20 avatar battles on my Summoner, but it must have been luck, because I always die within the last like 10% of the other avatar fights xD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Alrighty, well lemme know what name you choose for you new character then and we'll get it changed again. Our naming policy will explain more, but your current name is good if you're playing a Galka, but if you choose a diff race you'll need a diff name. Its a lore thing we follow here, and staying true to the fantasy setting...
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 pm

But then you'll have to change it back if I transfer my Galka over :p I don't mind that kind of policy, but if I decide to stick around, the Galka will likely still be my main.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Well its fine for now, just like to try and keep everyone as their main as close as possible so we can recognize and start getting used to each other in/out of the game.

These forums will be used often especially since the in-game LS msg is so short so I post msg here on forums on the bar at the top, and we have the calendar events and other stuff to follow. Lemme know though...
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Okies^^
Back to top Go down
Yonnie

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Hello ShieldingBoa and welcome to the club! Onigiri Dance

Feel free to /tell ingame.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Greetings and welcome. Currently I think we have 2 75s and everyone else is lower level (or so). Quickly building a good variety of playtimes too, so that's always good.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Tareith wrote:
Greetings and welcome. Currently I think we have 2 75s and everyone else is lower level (or so). Quickly building a good variety of playtimes too, so that's always good.

Ah, yes, play times. I usually am able to play around 6p-10p on weekdays, and anytime most weekends unless something comes up or until I get a job (not really looking forward to juggling a job and college, but I guess I gotta Onigiri Dead )

thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)
Back to top Go down
Fauste

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Greetings welcome to the forums! ENJOY! Onigiri Cute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiya!   

Back to top Go down

Hiya!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1