HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Annwen Fiori

PostSubject: Hello   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Hello everyone. My character is Annwen a Hume female red mage. Curretly level 70 on Bahamut server (yes Maat has repeatedly beat me into the ground sadly). Also have a smattering of subjobs like whm/blm at 37/38 etc.
I've been playing FFXI since it's release in Australia, though my first account was on Euro PlayOnline and was lost. So I bought the 2007 Vana'diel pack and started again. FFXI was my first MMO and I even got the internet connected just to play it hehe. Really loved the community I found and will say I never really found anything like it in other MMO's. I've also played WoW off and on for a few years as well as EVE Online. Tried EQ2 and LOTRO but I could never really get into their dare i say 'fantastical' style graphics.
I see you are playing on the Fenrir server I might look into transferring my account when the annual 'return to Vana'diel' stuff comes around again.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Welcome, Annwen. I'm definitely glad I never had to fight Maat as a red mage. I took the easy

route and killed him as a black mage. Although I am no longer playing FFXI myself I would like

to say "Welcome to the forums." There is a lot of great information to be absorbed. As well as

helpful people. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Hiya Annwen...like the name choice. I know what ya mean about FFXI, and the 'fantastical" style of graphics in other MMOs...they can hold for a month here and there too, but never long. There just isn't any life I feel in them...its all rush rush rush, who cares about the NPCs and their personal stories, must have best armor overnight or I'm a noob...etc Anyway...

Glad to have you interested in us, and if you join us someday that'd be great, however I don't think SE does the annual return to Vana'diel anymore. Pretty sure that was canceled back when they started the free trials and you can resurrect an old account at anytime through a similar online application, calling them, or even contact them via live POL chat.

Depending on how attached to your old account; you are also welcome to start anew on our server as well and we'll help you through the critical moments and gathering items required to proceed.

Well I'll get ya upgraded to a member here, and there are a ton of threads to read through to learn more about us; per each member as well as an Linkshell until you decided what to do ~ talk with ya later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Nice to meet you Annwen, looking forward to seeing you in the game eventually Onigiri Party

We have a very similar history of MMOs, FFXI was my first as well, then I played all the ones you mentioned, but couldn't get into many of them for the same reasons. I remember before FFXI I thought all online games were a waste of money and time and were just no fun lol, I was never going to play FFXI til a friend of mine kept going on about how awesome it was, then on payday I was at the mall and saw it there so I just had to XD my friend quit before I could even ask him what server he was on, said he hated having to sit down after every fight >.>

Well anywho, welcome, hope you enjoy your stay with us Onigiri Happy
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello   

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: