HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 
 

 2010 Version Update Timeline!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 am

Looks good to me...

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith



Joined : 2009-06-15
Posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:07 am

Sigh...stupid ps2. Onigiri Crying I may just have to ps3 add it just for Odin
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr



Joined : 2010-01-25
Posts : 922

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Conclusion of nation missions? Interesting, I didn't know they weren't concluded... but it makes sense to finalize any open storylines before XIV, so you can say XI is wrapped up if you want, and if you want to keep playing... hey, whole bunch of new crap on top of all the old crap, it's a too-much-crap-to-do-palooza!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Kith



Joined : 2009-06-15
Posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm

I know a lot of people are down right ticked about the new caps. I can understand if they had been doing say 5 to 10 levels a year for the past few years but to dump 24 out of no where in under a year is a bit much. My wife figure out the tnl for 98 to 99 ..she said it would be roughly 90,000 ( which may not sound like a lot but remember FFXI does not give you 1k or even 500 exp per kill) required. Now unless you have mobs dropping more then say 50exp a pop that is going to take an insane amount of time in party per level.
Myself , I am more disappointed that SE changed its long held stance of lvl 75 being the final cap. For years we all knew that was it. Beat Maat and your set. I mean Maat fights once meant something . These caps just cheapen it in my opinion. A lot of the newer players will not know that same feeling of joy from beating Maat on a hard job. Instead odds are they will be greeted with an easy mode Maat and the knowledge they have 2 to 5 more G's to go.

Did you guys also read that Alexander and Odin will require your astral flow to be in effect to be summoned? I don't know. I can see it for Odin but Alexander really is just a defense summon.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Pyrrha wrote:
Conclusion of nation missions? Interesting, I didn't know they weren't concluded... but it makes sense to finalize any open storylines before XIV, so you can say XI is wrapped up if you want, and if you want to keep playing... hey, whole bunch of new crap on top of all the old crap, it's a too-much-crap-to-do-palooza!

wingsof the goddess past nations
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Lonestar wrote:
I know a lot of people are down right ticked about the new caps. I can understand if they had been doing say 5 to 10 levels a year for the past few years but to dump 24 out of no where in under a year is a bit much. My wife figure out the tnl for 98 to 99 ..she said it would be roughly 90,000 ( which may not sound like a lot but remember FFXI does not give you 1k or even 500 exp per kill) required. Now unless you have mobs dropping more then say 50exp a pop that is going to take an insane amount of time in party per level.
Myself , I am more disappointed that SE changed its long held stance of lvl 75 being the final cap. For years we all knew that was it. Beat Maat and your set. I mean Maat fights once meant something . These caps just cheapen it in my opinion. A lot of the newer players will not know that same feeling of joy from beating Maat on a hard job. Instead odds are they will be greeted with an easy mode Maat and the knowledge they have 2 to 5 more G's to go.

Did you guys also read that Alexander and Odin will require your astral flow to be in effect to be summoned? I don't know. I can see it for Odin but Alexander really is just a defense summon.

u cna use astral flow with no avatar summoned and if u summon alex u automaticly astral flow same for odin. these avatars are 2hr based.
Back to top Go down
Kith



Joined : 2009-06-15
Posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Quote :
u cna use astral flow with no avatar summoned and if u summon alex u automaticly astral flow same for odin. these avatars are 2hr based.
yup, which to me is fine and all but a bit late in the game. Most of us expected Alexander and Odin clear back in ToAU, not in the same year that FFXIV is due to be released.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

i agree. those 2 have been hyped abotu for years and each version update i hear the same...wheres our avatars. im happy and pissed at same time jst cuz. i mean they still need to fix alot of the jobs and soem o the abilities. smn is useless in sea. and no one asks u to use avatars favor. so we got a useless st of buffs...
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr



Joined : 2010-01-25
Posts : 922

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Achasia wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:
Conclusion of nation missions? Interesting, I didn't know they weren't concluded... but it makes sense to finalize any open storylines before XIV, so you can say XI is wrapped up if you want, and if you want to keep playing... hey, whole bunch of new crap on top of all the old crap, it's a too-much-crap-to-do-palooza!

wingsof the goddess past nations

I read that they were going to conclude the WotG story, but there was a seperate segment about wrapping up the nations storylines as well, that's the one I was talking ab00t

I think even though Odin pwns, Alexander could have his uses too, boosting the party's defense for a minute could be very helpful in some situations. Either way I don't play SMN and never will so I'll let the SMNs say what they want about their summons Onigiri Happy
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 am

Pyrrha wrote:
Achasia wrote:
Pyrrha wrote:
Conclusion of nation missions? Interesting, I didn't know they weren't concluded... but it makes sense to finalize any open storylines before XIV, so you can say XI is wrapped up if you want, and if you want to keep playing... hey, whole bunch of new crap on top of all the old crap, it's a too-much-crap-to-do-palooza!

wingsof the goddess past nations

I read that they were going to conclude the WotG story, but there was a seperate segment about wrapping up the nations storylines as well, that's the one I was talking ab00t

I think even though Odin pwns, Alexander could have his uses too, boosting the party's defense for a minute could be very helpful in some situations. Either way I don't play SMN and never will so I'll let the SMNs say what they want about their summons Onigiri Happy

yea conclude Wotg stories for all three nations.


EDIT ahh i see what u mean but that says conclusion of nation quests. no idea what that means. my fault pyr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2010 Version Update Timeline!   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down
 
2010 Version Update Timeline!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Giggsy's Man Utd Kit (April 2010 shirts update on page 1 & GK kits on page 11)
» Beaver Homes 2010 version
» UFC 2010 - Fighter Stats Update
» Warsong Gulch (my version)
» IA2 update version 1.3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: