HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Whats going down?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crag

PostSubject: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 am

What's up everyone, name's Craig 28 Canadian Business Student, (I know, 28 year old student? loser much? I'll say this in my defense, sometimes the path we choose in life isn't the one we should be on and a change needs to be made but feel free to tease, I'm rather thick skinned).

Anyway, to the meat of it, I've been a die hard fan of Square since the early 90's when my dad bought Final Fantasy for the NES but for a few different reasons decided to pass on FF 11, two major reasons being a misconception about the type of person that plays mmos and the fact that I have an addictive personality and knew that if I got hooked I would (others would use the term throw away) devote a great deal of my time to it. Having said that a friend got me involved in WoW around the time that Burning Crusade was released and true to form I devoted a great deal of my time to it, the surprise for me was the people that I ended up wasting my time with, I ended up having some real fun with other gamer nerds (and I don't use the term derogatorily as I am one myself).

Now after all the blah blah blah it boils down to my love of Square and the fact that they have an mmo under their belt already so I'm willing to dive into this wholeheartedly and since I am by preference a solo gamer and from what I've heard this will be a party driven game I have decided to seek out some like minded gamer nerds to ensure that I won't have to, for lack of a more positive spin, run with morons to get things done.

After perusing your forums and liking what I've read I have decided upon you guys (I know, aren't you lucky? ;) ) also I discovered in WoW that I am a Grinder/Farmer, I found myself spending hours farming herbs and minerals while listening to music or chatting with my guild or both, and realized that it is much easier for me to just give those to a guildie to level their skills or to make my items than it is to level another character to do that myself or from what I've read so far spend points on a skill that would better be spent elsewhere, so I'll be looking for someone to feed mats to no charge. Now I know I just said after all the blah blah blah and then I added some more blah blah blah but this is the final blah blah blah and I'm hoping to hear from you guys soon.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello Crag, nice to have ya interested in us...I'll get ya upgraded to a member shortly!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Greetings and welcome. If you're looking for mindless, repetitive actions, FFXI's got you hooked up. There's also a great game under it too, just gotta give it time to sink it's teeth into ya.
Back to top Go down
Crag

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Hmmm, I'll have to look into this free trial account when I get off work tonight
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey Crag, nice to meet ya

I hope you're expecting something entirely from WoW and co. because that's what you're getting from FFXI! You liking to do repetitive tasks is definitely going to serve you well in this game but don't worry, it's not the only thing to it :)

It pays to have some good friends in this game, I usually play solo as much as possible in MMORPGs too, but there are times when you just have to have help, and this is a very helpful group ^^b

See you in the game when you get it all set up, I hope you'll enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm

the diff between wow and ffxi is ffxi is a ***** and forces you to group together and think and plan. wow just lets u download add ons to the point where you can barely see your character. in the end i have alot of high level jobs and IMO wow could never make me feel as accomplished as in ffxi. its not about the grind. its not about the gear. its the skill and the group!
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Welcome to the linkshell :) Hope ya decide to give FFXI a shot while we wait for FFXIV. Farming is certainly a big part of the game if that's what you're into (and even if you aren't... lol) so you may end up sticking around for awhile^^
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Nice to meet you m8.
You sound like a great addition to our group.
Looking forward to our advanture togueter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats going down?   

Back to top Go down

Whats going down?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1