Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors
Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384
|Subject: Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 pm|| |
Interesting new info, and it would appear that this is no longer a static PT game, but rather an on the move style like how most other MMOs have become...hrm Course depending on how true all this info is, but supposedly even more info and a XIV site update are coming tomorrow!
- Quote :
- Gladiators and pugilists have aggro raising abilities
- Monsters also form parties
- Not as much camping, you fight on the move
- MP does not refresh normally, but there are ways to restore it
- It will be important to control MP use
- Position will be important in battle
- There is something called "battle maneuvers" (the word "maneuver" here is the same word used in the beginning of the Japanese Gundam title, and starts with the symbol for “machine.” I’ll let you guys have fun thinking about that.)
* Moves like phalanx and shield bash from FFXI are useable, but they are different from XI. In 14, phalanx is an ability where you guard with your shield and attack at the same time
* whistle (FF11's taunt) and steal abilities
* Pugilist is made for people who don't sweat the small stuff
* Axe accuracy is low
* "Boost" ability
* Marauder is for people who want the most glorious parts of the battle
* Can pull sneak attacks on enemies not in battle stance
* Has a back-up plan when they run out of arrows
* Has an ability to make enemies flee
* Made for players who like to be alone
* Archers use bows, not crossbows, but other classes might
* Arrows are not labeled by materials like XI, but by enemy types, numbers, and landscapes
* a miner’s mining can bring in extra income for the party
* The more miners in a party, the more this effect increases
* Mining places will be made visible to miners only
* can repair weapons and armor another player is holding
* can take MP from defeated enemies (defeated enemies my not immediately disappear)
More game info
- Everything done in battle in FFXIV increases TP, including casting
- Defense can happen both automatically and at the will of the user
- The PC version will be able to run on PCs from a few years ago, but the alpha version will only run on high-end PCs
- Can be run on 512MB of VRAM and above
- Alpha test starts soon
- Square wants to make it possible to play with your friends from FFXI
- Character customization won’t be fully available in beta (can’t change facial features)
- There’s a mode for restoring HP while moving
- The plan is the make the maximum number of members in a party between 6 and 8, and there will also be alliances
- The important things in battle are distance, range, and direction
- There will be magic you can use while moving
- There are screenshots in the magazine of the alpha version, and it looks like there have been a lot of small changes
- “Aggro/hate” has a different name in 14 (Translates to something like how much the enemy views you as a threat)
- Enemies will not be set in one area in order for people to pull them to camps; places that enemies will appear will be scattered around
Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384
|Subject: Re: Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm|| |
- Quote :
- No pics yet but it is widely being reported that Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation will have big articles on FFXIV this week.
I'm just going to list a bunch of the things being reported. Remember, we don't have pics yet and the magazines don't come out until tomorrow or the day after. In other words, all of this is UNCONFIRMED at the time I write this. Some of it we have heard before tho. Also, I will probably misspell a lot of things because I'm not going to bother looking up English terms. :oops: Don't hurt me.
The writeups will have pictures from the alpha build and interviews.
When fighting, you have to think of distance and position. Also, moving parties will be the norm compared to the non-moving pull back to camp style of FFXI.
MP will not auto-refresh. You will have to be careful with how you manage MP. There will be ways to gain MP.
There will be 6 elements. Some people are saying that Light and Dark will not be present.
Puglists have steal.
You can throw javelins at enemies that are not in a battle state to do a sort of sneak attack.
Marauder's have low accuracy. They also have a meditate-like ability to store... something. Probably TP.
Horticulturalist are the only ones that can see digging spots meant for them. They can dig up stuff during battle that can be used to back up the party and increase the spoils of battle (maybe). The more of these people you have, the more items you can get it sounds like.
When a blacksmith repairs your weapon, you don't have to hand it over!!!
The alpha build requires a computer with high specs. Some are saying its due to a lack of config options. The final product will require lower specs.
VRAM512MB is enough.
Not all parts of character making will be present in the beta. In particular, you cannot do facial customization.
There is a mode where you can walk around to regain HP.
There are spells you can cast while moving.
There are many ways to earn TP. You can earn TP from spellcasting as well.
General parties are 6 to 8 people. Alliances are also possible.
There are alpha build screenshots. People say there are small things that are different from the German alpha build we saw at Gamescom.
Gladiators and Puglists have a way to gain hate.
Gladiators have a version of Phalanx different from FF11. Their version is where you can guard with a shield while still attacking.
Puglists have a provoke ability called Whistle.
Remember, at this time all of this is unconfirmed! However, we can expect to see real updates soon. And, if SE keeps up their habit, we'll see updates to the NA website to tie in with the magazine releases.
Thanks to Cyberbeing over on the ZAM forums, I was able to look through his list and get a few more things. Remember, this is all just chatter on 2ch and we still can't confirm details. But, it's fun to mull over it all right?
The Thaumaturge will be able to suck MP from enemies that have no HP. i.e. after you defeat a monster, it'll stick around for you to drain MP from.
The Puglist job is for people who don't want to worry about small details.
The Marauder job is for people who like finishing off enemies (...not sure since we don't have the real text yet but thats what it sounds like)
The Archer job is for people who like to fight solo or work on their own
There are times where your defense (defensive moves perhaps?) kicks in automatically and other times where you have to activate it yourself
There is some kind of relief measure for Archers when they run out of arrows. (No idea what that specifically means right now.)
Archers have an ability to make enemies run away.
Archers will use bows, not crossbows. A crossbow might be used by a different class in the future (unsure about it at this time)
Arrow types are not by material as in FFXI. Instead, they will be sorted by number (number of arrows? number of enemies? i don't know), the type of enemy, and topography.
Famitsu will have 10 pages. Dengeki will have 8 pages. alpha build screenshots are included as are interviews.
The word for enmity will change in Japanese. No idea how it will change in English.
REMEMBER ALL OF THIS IS UNCONFIRMED AT THIS TIME!
Joined : 2009-06-18
Posts : 478
|Subject: Re: Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm|| |
thanks for the info ^^
"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot." -Mark Twain
Joined : 2010-02-27
Posts : 59
|Subject: Re: Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm|| |
nice info! but im still disappointed on the lack of DoL / DoH classes
|Subject: Re: Famitsu and Dengeki leak rumors || |
|FFXIV World Status|
|Who is online?|
In total there are 2
users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Most users ever online was 49
on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 pm