HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Well Hello Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:13 am

I just recently got this game and was directed to this website/Linkshell from a well known MMO site...so...
Cheers!

Onigiri XD

Post Script; Should I know anything before making a complete jerk of myself? Or is it already far, far too late?

Onigiri oo
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 am

Shouyu wrote:

Post Script; Should I know anything before making a complete jerk of myself? Or is it already far, far too late?

Onigiri oo

Yeah its prolly too late, but I dunno...you tell us!?

Nice to have ya interested in us and FFXI...after I grant ya membership, do visit and read through our forums often and of course post...plenty to catch up on and know about.

BTW, is your name all one word? Or is that two!? A first and last like Shouyu Winii?

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:37 am

Hello and welcome, nice to have you interested in us ^^

There is a lot to learn in FFXI and square doesn't make it easy to do it. These forums have a lot of hints and of course there is the website by square with some cute movies introducing you to the game. I'm sure there is a link to it on the right if you don't know it.

If you are in game and on the Fenrir server this morning give me a tell in game and I will bring you a pearl ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 am

Welcome to EE! I would recmond read through the rules etc >.> not that ud break em but its always good to read em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Shouyu wrote:

Onigiri oo

Yeah its prolly too late, but I dunno...you tell us!?

Nice to have ya interested in us and FFXI...after I grant ya membership, do visit and read through our forums often and of course post...plenty to catch up on and know about.

BTW, is your name all one word? Or is that two!? A first and last like Shouyu Winii?

I was so very afraid of that, oh well...such is life! Onigiri Happy

Oh the name is one word...it's a silly thing from a Harvey Birdman episode. I think I'd probably get in trouble if I used the original spelling. Onigiri Kawaii

Video removed due to being derogatory...

Anyway, I'll see if I can catch someone on today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:49 pm

I'm in game until about 9pm est tonight.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Ok yeah, after watching that, you need to choose a new name. Its quite retarded and rather insulting and derogatory of the Japanese. So come up with something asap, or I'll be changing it too something random shortly until you do.

Just Shouyu, is ok to use...which actually I'll change your name to that for now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Ok yeah, after watching that, you need to choose a new name. Its quite retarded and rather insulting and derogatory of the Japanese. So come up with something asap, or I'll be changing it too something random shortly until you do.

Hm...it's just meant to be silly, which tends to be my personality. Nothing malicious or hateful behind it, yes a tiny bit juvenile but in a good-hearted, jovial way.

I tend to think that if this name offends you that badly rather than makes you smile or even illicit a small chuckle...that I should not join this LS. As I think that my personality might conflict with your sense of decency.

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 pm

If you insist to take off so soon...I found the name and the video disappointing, as these are forums for two hugely popular Japanese made MMOs. We all here love the FF series and the Japanese culture and race and I took offense to it, as would many others had they watched the video.

Anyway, you're welcome to rejoin us and try again, but if insist you won't fit in after this then we'll leave it as is! GL then on finding an LS that you'd best fit into then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
If you insist to take off so soon...I found the name and the video disappointing, as these are forums for two hugely popular Japanese made MMOs. We all here love the FF series and the Japanese culture and race and I took offense to it, as would many others had they watched the video.

Anyway, you're welcome to rejoin us and try again, but if insist you won't fit in after this then we'll leave it as is! GL then on finding an LS that you'd best fit into then.

I tend to view life under the assumption of the old addage, 'Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive'. And I find myself drawn to such like-minded people.

It's sort of a simple thing, people who are offended by my name...I usually don't get along with too well. And I don't like offending people, but at the same time...I don't enjoy taking myself too seriously. So I find it easiest just to avoid situations where bad feelings can happen.

Still hope to see you around!
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Objection!

Mentok commands you to stick around a little longer!

There's not really anything derogatory in that episode and there are some like-minded people here, so you should be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Satha wrote:
Objection!

Mentok commands you to stick around a little longer!

There's not really anything derogatory in that episode and there are some like-minded people here, so you should be fine.

Alright, Bwooeeeoo...I will stick around a bit longer...if I can manage to log in lol!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 am

Welcome Shouyu, it's nice to meet you!

I wouldn't worry too much about offending people in our LS just by being silly, otherwise I'd have probably pissed everyone off myself by now Names are just different because they can reflect on the group as a whole to the rest of the world, and since there are a lot of Japanese players in FFXI that probably wasn't the best selection. I didn't actually watch the video, I'm just going off what everyone else said ^^b

Anyway, don't take offense to a name change, there have been some before you, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't more!

I'll see you later this week in-game if you manage to log in!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:38 pm

The name is actually kind of clever. Shoyu is a type of soy sauce that is used a lot in Japan, and Weenie is food :p Makes sense! So it's a food, but since our minds are so americanized and dirty, we automatically think of something else!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh, so that's what it was lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Hello Hello!   Today at 11:40 pm

Back to top Go down

Well Hello Hello!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1