Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384
|Subject: Famitsu April 22nd Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:31 am|| |
- Quote :
- Area changes between cities and the field are seemless
- BGM flows naturally
- Private instances will not be interrupted by things happening around you (chat, crowdedness)
- The L3 button is the target lock
- Everyone can use teleport from the beginning
- Warp (like FFXI) sends you back to your home point, which is defaulted to the last Aetherite you used.
- There are only male Highlanders.
- You can only play as female Miqo’te, but males exist.
- There is a difference in starting stats between tribes, but this can be overcome with character growth (?)
- Gender has no effect on play
- Roegadyn females exist (does not say they are playable)
- The difference between tribes isn’t that big
- The opening will be real time, not pre-rendered.
- Flow of battle:
- Select target with directional keys
- Draw weapon with R1
- Select commends with directional keys
- Effect gauge charges
- Alpha was made with casual gamers in mind, too, but it may still be difficult
- Players will be able to reallocate stats in the final version
- They want to make teleport and warp available for all classes, and make it low-cost.
- After alpha comes beta 1, then beta 2. PS3 should be playable from beta 2.
- Alpha and beta 1 will be mostly thesame thing.
- Parties cannot be formed unless the other members are close to you when inviting them.
- There are five different ranks of guildleve difficulty.
- After being defeated in battle, there is a five minute “weakened” state (It may be possible to be revived without a raise spell?)
- There are things like attack magic which can be used without MP
- Casting while moving is possible
- There are MP restoring abilities
- HP regenerates pretty quickly in passive mode
Joined : 2010-01-25
Posts : 922
|Subject: Re: Famitsu April 22nd Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am|| |
Woohoo, seamlessness! No more (|Jumping to new area.|) interrupting our chats lol
I'm glad we can teleport around from the beginning now, no more running for an hour to get to your parties XD
Makes sense that there may be no Raise needed, if the combat is fast-paced and involves killing a lot at once then being weakened for 5 minutes is enough of a crutch on it's own, but it wouldn't make sense to just pop back up again... so maybe they mean even IF you go back to your home point you'll be weakened, who knows
Joined : 2010-01-14
Posts : 505
|Subject: Re: Famitsu April 22nd Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:40 pm|| |
Sounds good to me iv got a perty open mind for diffrent.
As long as it's well done, and thats usually the case with this company.
|Subject: Re: Famitsu April 22nd Today at 8:59 pm|| |