HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iaesa Xuthalla

PostSubject: Hello Everyone!   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey guys! Im Iaeson, or John (irl name). Let me tell you guys a bit about myself.

Im 19, and I have been a hardcore gamer my entire life. I love playing video games, and I might possibly want to pursue a career in the video game industry. Now as to MMO's, I started playing MMO's back when Lineage II first launched. I was pretty young at the time and didn't know too much about the genre. So, I actually began to play with my little brother, who was 4 years younger at the time, and we were hooked. It was a ton of work to level, and I remember that staying up late during the summer and hitting those class change quests. I played till I fell asleep on the keyboard. Then, I moved onto other games, non-MMO related. But when WoW came out, I jumped right back into MMO's. I played that for a year or so, and then I saw other MMO's that peaked my interest. I did jump around a lot of MMO's, and basically if you name an MMO, P2P or F2P, I've probably either tried it or have played it for a month or so. I have tried FFXI a couple of times, and it didn't really draw me in to the point where i could play for years. But it always had something there that I enjoyed.

I have been following FFXIV since I heard news of it, and I am very excited for its release and new ways to change the MMO genre. As soon as I saw the cool races, the awesome equipment, the new systems, etc, I knew I really wanted to play this game. From this, I decided to give FFXI another try before FFXIV comes out. I actually have seen Khalus on TTH making posts about FFXIV and his sig drew me here . I see that you guys are a really active LS and a very community oriented LS. I would be honored to join you guys in both FFXI and FFXIV. I am fairly new to FFXI, but I started a character on bahamut a little while ago. I see that you guys are on fenrir, but making a new char is fine with me :D.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this (I know it was painfully long lol). Hope to join you guys and see you in game!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Hello hello, glad to have ya interested in us and giving FFXI another go. Even as late in its life its still very worth it at least until XIV launches. Looking forward to getting to know and talk with ya more later.

Membership granted, and please do read through our forums and be social...there is plenty to read through and know about us too.

cyas later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Welcome to EE!

Finally, someone who talks as much as I do I like that you played L2 first, most people it's WoW or FFXI! L2 was fun for me as well, played a total of 3 months, all seperately, I enjoyed exploring and leveling but it was such a grind, and players would keep shooting arrows into my butt D: they're so not on my christmas card list...

I hopped around a lot of MMOs too, we probably played a lot of the same! You'll enjoy FFXI more now, there have been a lot of positive changes and there's more to come, such as the level going from 75-99 by the end of the year (there's a lot more but that's the major one since the cap has stayed the same since it went from 50-75 with the very first expansion that was automatically given to NA players on release).

I'll see you in-game! Starting from scratch isn't so bad, if you get lonely I do have some low level jobs I want to play soon enough, so I can join you
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 am

welcome to EE let us know your in game name and will give you a pearl Asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello and welcome to EE!
Back to top Go down
Iaesa Xuthalla

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 pm

W00t! thank you EE! Thanks for the warm welcome :D!

Well i saw the naming policy how it has to follow my in-game name. So depending on if I make a female or male, it will def either be Iaesa or Iaeson. If I can't get those names then I will definitely tell someone on here.

I forgot to mention that I am at college, so i will try my best to stay as active as possible. However, the semester is dwindling down and I will be able to play a lot more during the summer.

I'm glad to see another L2 starter and MMO hopper lol! w00t pyrrha!! That would be awesome to group will someone, and also learn a bit.

I'm also kinda stuck on what to make. Right now on bahamut, I have a 12 WAR, but I really wanna try another class and race other than hume lol. But I'm not too sure. Any ideas guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

mages? taru

DD super defence + strength? Galka

thf or ranger rogue types Mithra

paladin tanking or whm healing elvaan.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 pm

If you like to play mages then try a taru whm and get that up to 30 where your job choices will open up, then you can make a more solid decision. If you like Melee then get a Mithra or Elvaan WAR or MNK up to 30, if you like Hybrids then any race as a RDM up to 30 I didn't mention Galka because they smell~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Achasia Koromis wrote:
mages? taru

DD super defence + strength? Galka

thf or ranger rogue types Mithra They can also be decent casters :P

hume is good all around too

paladin tanking or whm healing elvaan.
Back to top Go down
Iaesa Xuthalla

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey guys sorry been away all weekend! Thanks for all this info, I've narrowed down my decision to a Mithra MNK or taru mage class.

Hmm, if i cant pick between the races, does EE allow alts? or is that a negative?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm

You can have alts :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Sup. You sound like a cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

Wanna hang out when you get in game? We can fall asleep on our keyboards together.

Last edited by Spliffy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Spliffy wrote:
Sup. You sound like a cook guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

Wanna hang out when you get in game? We can fall asleep on our keyboards together.

How cute Splif made a new friend lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

HE SAID HE'D BE MY FRIEND!?!?!?!?!?! =D *SQUEEEEEEEEEEE*
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:32 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:35 pm

there goes the neighborhood
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:45 pm

At least Ach isn't here anymore to extend these bouts of crazy :p
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:20 pm

I was a hug L2 whore..Played since 2week of Open Beta up til about a year or 2 ago. Love and miss the game but botters ruined it for me as I rather play legit. I used to 8 box down in Pagans for xp (all out of party buffers) legitly and well a lot of friends quit and I could not keep up with the botters so I called it quits.

Find myself close to activiating my accounts some days when im tired and bored.

Anyways...Welcome :)
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Zzrik wrote:
I was a hug L2 whore..Played since 2week of Open Beta up til about a year or 2 ago. Love and miss the game but botters ruined it for me as I rather play legit. I used to 8 box down in Pagans for xp (all out of party buffers) legitly and well a lot of friends quit and I could not keep up with the botters so I called it quits.

Find myself close to activiating my accounts some days when im tired and bored.

Anyways...Welcome :)

yar I hate botters and other cheats people use in MMOs... in Aion there were soooo many bots at one point about a month and a half in that I couldn't get any quests done because all the mobs were always being insta-killed by one of the 50 bots in a 10 mile radius running around x.x
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 pm

That was the same way it was for me and also why I could not get attached to Aion. I like the grind but when I cannot even do the grind, I got extremely bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Today at 5:46 am

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: