HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Greetings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huphadros

PostSubject: Greetings!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Hello, everyone!

Iíve decided that I am going to stop resisting and re-subscribe to FFXI. Iíve always stopped myself due to having no one to join with but, after noticing your LS being promoted on MMORPG.com, Iíve decided to take the plunge, drop by and see if you are willing to take me!

Some quick background; I cut my MMO teeth about ten years ago on a game called Dark Age of Camelot and I absolutely loved the social, group based PvE. Fast-forward a few years and FFXI is the only other game that has really captured that spirit for me, but I never had much luck finding a decent LS and never got to experience all it has to offers. I am very much looking forward to FFXIV and would like to get back into FFXI with a great LS to transfer with. I am from England, however, so I hope that isnít a problem.

Whilst I am not a veteran by any means, I do have one character currently on the Valefor server that is fairly accomplished. However, I am leaning towards transferring then deleting this character and starting a-fresh on Fenrir. If so, I would greatly appreciate some help holding items/gil whilst I remake my character.

OK, this was a fair bit longer than I expected it to be so a huge thank you to anyone that takes the time to read it!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Welcome to EE! And back to FFXI too, another one who's returning after a long time to give XI one last go before XIV comes out

You do realize there's a charge for transferring right? :o if you're going to delete that character anyway you may want to decide whether or not keeping your stuff is really worth it! I shouldn't talk though I did the same thing... lol

I don't think the time zone is a problem, there's a lot of variety in the members and what time they play.

See you in-game soon!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Hello hello, the others are scared and don't like to talk much til I do...wusses! Anyway, nice to have ya interested in us and FFXI once again, and I know what ya mean by being that gem that nothing else seems to accomplish. Although DAoC was really good for its time and still could be if the population was still there.

Your location is fine, as we do have several members in EU & AU playing too, however sometimes getting together with those of us in the US can be a challenge, but we try.

And I'm sure one or more of us that have the Mog Satchel w/ extra room could hold some items for ya while ya remake. Believe we've done it a few times already.

Is Huphadros the char name of your one on Valefor and the name you plan to use again...its fine, just wondering...hehe

Membership granted and please do read through our members forums, there is a ton to know about us and join in on the crazy conversations we have...its a ton of fun. We also have a Vent server you can get on with us too...cyas later then!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Huphadros

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks for the quick and kind replies!

Although the server transfer will cost me money, I've decided it will be worth it. She doesn't have a lot of particularly valuable stuff, but it will be small compensation after deleting a character with a chocobo license and airship access =)

I don't remember exactly what items I have, it's been a while since my last login, but I don't think there is an awful lot; just a few low level +1's that I would like to keep (and gil, of course!)

Huphadros is the name I will be using for my new character, as long as you are sure it meets your criteria. My old one was made quite a while ago and the name doesn't really fit fantasy MMORPG avatars, in my opinion.

I will admit that I pre-empted my self with this post, and haven't finished re-subscribing. I will get on it right away, and let someone know when I am on and transferred.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 am

Take your time, as there are no officers or myself on tonight to help you get going, but we will be tomorrow afternoon and evening.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Hello hello, the others are scared and don't like to talk much til I do...wusses!

Thats cause we all know you transform into a werewolf at night khalus.

Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:41 am

Johny wrote:
Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Hello hello, the others are scared and don't like to talk much til I do...wusses!

Thats cause we all know you transform into a werewolf at night khalus.

@ Khal: I usually post before you! o:< lol

@Johny: his keyboard must be pretty scratched up then :o
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:25 am

welcoem to EE i went to bed like 5 minutes before u posted i normally stay up alte but vacationing with parents will knock it outa ya. >.> XD post here when u ready in game to get a pearl.
Back to top Go down
Huphadros

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 am

I am now in-game on my little BLM, Huphadros.

I also managed to solve my item transfer conundrum without needing to reel anyone else in, so i'm all good to go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Welcome to EE! Glad to have ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings!   

Back to top Go down

Greetings!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-