HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Interested in joining

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spardy

PostSubject: Interested in joining   Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Well hello all!

Im Darryl, and I'm a MMO addict with no home at the mo. Let me give you some background.
Ive been playing MMOs since I read a review of of one with a PC gaming magazine I recived with my brand new 'to help me study' PC I got for school. The review was for Dark Age of Camelot, and after a dodgie first few months on dial up, I was hooked. I eventualy spent over 5 years playing DAoC, before I moved on. Since DaoC Ive played nearly every MMO under the sun, but have yet to settle into one in the same way I did with DAoC. The only one that came even close was FFXI.

The only reason I actualy got into FFXI to begin with (I was still hooked on DAoC at the time), was the fact Im was massive Squaresoft fan (bring back squaresoft!).
Ah the memorys of Secret of mana, Chrono Trigger and ofcourse the FF series. I actualy spent a small fortune when I was younger getting my SNES to a state able to play FFIII (VI). Cost me £70 for an imported US cart, £10 for the converter so it coult fit into an EU SNES and another £30 to get a 60htz mod switch installed. I wouldnt pay £70 for agame these days I still wonder how I got the funds as I was a 14 year old with only paper round for money.

Anyhow back on track. FFXI managed to catch a hold of me for 7 months or so, I didnt get to far about 40ish mostly due to the timezones. I had purchased the US FFXI, was about a year before the EU release, so I was having massive issues getting pts ect. Which is my main concern, I would love to get into FFXI, specialy as XIV is on the way, but I love to party and group. The lack of a UK player base steched over multiple servers made it hard. But Im willing to give it another shot.

So here I am. I hope youll accept me, and help 'hold my hand' a little while I get back into things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

welcome to EE im about go to eat khal should be on soon and sa hi. as for the eu playerbase we have like 3-4 eu players in this guild. as for partys. partys are ahrd to get between 10-19 once u hit 20 things go lots better. only because of summoner burns so people often skip the dunes entirley.

however with ur time difference u will probably get more parties form JP parties i believe. get lots of exp with them! jsut remember to use the auto translate function!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm

hihi, welcome to our LS. Interesting MMO story, I too loved DAoC and played it for about 6-8mo when it first launched when I was living with some roomies. It was a ton of fun and I see where you tie it into similar to FFXI. Not entirely but it did have a nice huge world to explore 3 different nations, a substantial death penalty that required returning to your grave which many times was damn near impossible depending where you died at.

Also the dungeons were great cause they were not instanced per group, and allowed as many players in that wanted to squeeze in there. Great times when players fighting tougher mobs deeper in lost control of a mob and had to run past groups near the entrance on weaker mobs...all hell would break loose...hehe

'hold your hand' you say...hehe Well we'll help you out where required like with party based events, missions, quests and getting sub items and Kazham Keys and the like and will of course point you in the correct direction or refer you to links here on our forums, and will even still party with you as often as possible. {Time Zone Permitting} Dragging you around by hand though prolly not as it more fun to listen to ya experience and explore things on your own and die when you encounter something too tough...rofl

Anyway, yer membership granted and please do read through our forums and be social, post and get to know us and we'll go from there...see ya in Vana'diel!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Hello and welcome to EE!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 pm

Spardie wrote:

The only reason I actualy got into FFXI to begin with (I was still hooked on DAoC at the time), was the fact Im was massive Squaresoft fan (bring back squaresoft!).
Ah the memorys of Secret of mana, Chrono Trigger and ofcourse the FF series. I actualy spent a small fortune when I was younger getting my SNES to a state able to play FFIII (VI). Cost me £70 for an imported US cart, £10 for the converter so it coult fit into an EU SNES and another £30 to get a 60htz mod switch installed. I wouldnt pay £70 for agame these days I still wonder how I got the funds as I was a 14 year old with only paper round for money.

So here I am. I hope youll accept me, and help 'hold my hand' a little while I get back into things

Hi, nice to meet you spardie im arround the same age, from NA and share the same love for Nintendo in my childhood as you.

Plz take the time & take a good look at everything on the forum,
This should bring back alot of memories of your childhood.

http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com/off-topic-chat-f38/angry-video-game-nerd-t1455.htm
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 am

Spardie wrote:
Im Darryl, and I'm a MMO addict with no home at the mo.

I thought you meant that in the literal sense at first and was about to ask "how do you have internet?!"

And omg someone who actually played classic RPGs I did when I was growing up like Secret of Mana (first truly awesome co-op experience), you're my new best friend! Screw you Satha! lol

Anyhow, welcome to EE, I hope you have more fun and an easier time this time around.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Spardy

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Currently in game as Spardy. All my usual names have been taken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:58 pm

looked for u for a while coudlnt find u in the search.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Hiya and welcome! :D DAoC was the best! Warden, Blademaster, Armsman and Paladin were my favorites :p but really I was all over the place, because all of their classes were amazing xD only ones I didn't like much were the stealthers.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Spardie wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. Currently in game as Spardy. All my usual names have been taken

Changing name to Spardy here on the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in joining   Today at 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Interested in joining
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1