HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Returning through the darkness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kothoses

PostSubject: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Now I am not the best at these sort of things, but I will try my best.

So hello everyone, hope you are all well and happy.

I guess the best way to do this is to start of and tell you a little about my gaming path over the last few years, that will help you see why I am attracted to the idea of the LS you have and also give you some idea what to expect from me.

I am what I would call a burned out community leader, I first dipped my toe into online gaming with online sessions of Baldurs gate 2, there I joined a nice clan became second in charge of said clan and made many friends duing my time there. Eventually as with all good things it came to being time to move on, in this case it was because of the arrival of Neverwinter Nights (At this point I would just like to say thank you Bioware).

I played on just 2 servers, one was a small RP server called Yem, and the second was a server called Orb of Abrogation, in which I played a Half Celestial Paladin, became king of the good nation and eventually applied for and was granted DM status, eventually running the server for a year or two before eventually leaving NWN for pastures new.

This was where my first experience of final fantasy came to be, I came here with some one and played for a few months leveling my Thf up to appx level 45 along with a few sub job levels and almost every job at level 10. However a new job with demanding hours ment I needed a more casual MMO than FF could offer at that time. So like many lost souls I was eaten by the monster that is WoW.

During my time In wow I played on 2 servers and over the course of 4 and a half years of playing I was a member of 5 guilds in total the last 2 of which I ran. Finally recently and very sadly for me wow lost its magic, I dont know where it lost the magic but one day I realised this was no longer fun, it was a destructive habit for me, because while the people I worked with would describe me as a good leader, the truth is I let it become too personal, I felt it every time some one quit for a guild higher up. I also realised that wow as a game was no longer the social event I wanted it to be. I ran a raiding guild because I wanted to spend time with friends, with people whose company I enjoyed. What it ended up was a close circle of friends surrounded by a bunch of faces that I never got to know and who consiquently never became my friends.

So at this stage i left wow, I played through Dragon age Origins for the second time, I played through Jade empire ME 2 the baldurs gate games the witcher and a bunch of others, but I missed the social interaction the "Event gaming" and working towards a common goal. This I wanted back but I do not want a schedule (that said if I say I will help with something then barring RL emergency I make every effort to follow through on my promises). What I want is a long term group based hobby that I can play for a couple of hours a night or for a whole weekend solid and just enjoy.

I am waiting on FFXIV and SW ToR I will be trying both of those, if I keep my FF XI sub going depends entirely on XIV (or if there is some kind of package subscription from SE) most likely it will be ToR +1 of the FF titles for me.

I have a few friends who may or may not come (well one or two really) but I dont count on it, most of us have drifted in different directions gaming wise, some to more hardocre wow gulds, some to Eve online some to AoC some to PvP groups.

Me I want to come back to Vana'Diel and I want to share the adventures of like mindeed people and form some new friendships for how ever long they last, nothing more, I simply want a retreat where I can just relax and have fun.

As for me as a person
I am 31, living in England (A horrible town called Grimsby) my major hobby is gaming, I hold down a full time 9-5 job in the week (so late late sessions will generally only be the weekend) and I am a fun geezer/bloke/dude/guy (oh yes I am)

I will be picking up a brand new copy of the Ultimate FFXI collection on wednesday installing and hopefully being on line friday evening, I would love to join you guys and girls and have some good old fashioned group adventuring.

Oh and Regarding surname, I havent chosen one yet, the one I wanted is 11 chars so I have to come up with something suitable thats 1 char smaller.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Kothoses wrote:

Me I want to come back to Vana'Diel and I want to share the adventures of like mindeed people and form some new friendships for how ever long they last, nothing more, I simply want a retreat where I can just relax and have fun.

I will be picking up a brand new copy of the Ultimate FFXI collection on wednesday installing and hopefully being on line friday evening, I would love to join you guys and girls and have some good old fashioned group adventuring.

Oh and Regarding surname, I havent chosen one yet, the one I wanted is 11 chars so I have to come up with something suitable thats 1 char smaller.

Ah nices on the wanting to return to Vana'diel...it truly is quite the experience and has this amazing atmosphere that no other MMO has yet captured in essence..it feels and looks and adventures like a fully realized world. Love it so much...

I am Khrymson over on MMORPG that referred you to us and I'm the Linkshell Leader here. Great to have ya stop by and like our mission and play-style, took me a long time to write all that out and sound deeply how I feel an LS/Guild should be about, and what our primary goals are as a group of friends.

Considering the way SE does their billing I'd highly suggest you wait until May 2nd {Sunday} to return, cause if you signed up on Friday they'd still bill you for the entire month of April...just the way its always been. Its also when I'll be returning from my month long break.

About the Sur name, take your time with it as you still got most the year left before FFXIV launches. And membership granted, so please take the time to read through our member forums, be social and get to know us, even jump on Vent...we're there daily chatting it up...its always fun!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 pm

welcome to EE hope u like it here and maybe stick around for a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:07 pm

yea but if hes using a new code he will have 30 day trial :o
Back to top Go down
Kothoses

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Score!

I will be some what visible on your forums and vent for sure and my impatient streak wont let me wait untill may the second I have 4 days off work next weekend due to bank holiday and a clevetly planned leave day on the tuesday so I shall be spending most of that familiarising my self with the game once again.

I did look into the chances of having my old character re-activated, but I dont have my old content ID's so i couldnt check. The more I thought about it the more starting from scratch seemed appealing (I think Jobs wise I had done the Samuri and Dark Knight quests and started summoner one, which was one I was tempted to dabble in).

Thanks for the welcome, and yes you will have to put up with me for atleast a year longer if I like 14 (though I expect when ToR comes my time will be split between the two).

And if I dont see you before, I will catch you guys at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forums and of course back to the game. Nice to see people looking for more out of a game. Community is great here and the forums have great information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 pm

That was a good introduction thread.
I hope you can add yourself to our daily
Forum posts.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 am

It was a very interesting read indeed, quite the history! It's not often I take the time to read big things like that, which is funny because I am usually the one making uneccessarily long posts (yeah I'm a hypocrite! XD)

Anywhooo, welcome to EE, I'm looking forward to seeing you around maybe you can prove that you really are a fun geezer/bloke/dude/guy lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Kothoses

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
It was a very interesting read indeed, quite the history! It's not often I take the time to read big things like that, which is funny because I am usually the one making uneccessarily long posts (yeah I'm a hypocrite! XD)

Anywhooo, welcome to EE, I'm looking forward to seeing you around maybe you can prove that you really are a fun geezer/bloke/dude/guy lol

I have a dull job, so once I get home at Night the first thing I do is climb into the broom cupboard and put on my super hero costume.... wait... no... I dont do that

I hope to prove so to, if all else fails I shall bring streamers, and those whistle things that have the curled up paper attached.... everyone knows you cant fail to be happy at the sight of one of those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 pm

So you fight crime at night eh? Better watch out or my evil alter-ego will get you! I haven't been out to cause chaos in a while though, I ripped the pants of my outfit and had to have it sent over to the black market tailor downtown~ It's alright though because he's right next to Subway so I grabbed myself a sub while I was there!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Kothoses

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Well I go out with the intention of fighting crime, but generally I just end up buying half the contents of Starbucks or Costa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning through the darkness   Today at 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Returning through the darkness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1