HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Rift: Planes of Telara

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Rift: Planes of Telara   Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 am

Rift: Planes of Telara ~ Official Website

Another good looking one, but not coming out until sometime 2011, and its being dubbed the first true HD MMO...but really can home networks handle that much data yet, if they can pull off that level of detail...we'll see unless they're planning on using DX11 and Tesselation. Those new features don't require hardly any more resources and looks amazing.

Anyway, I havn't done much research on this one yet but looks quite good, just take a look at the screenie and vids below to see what I mean:

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm

This used to be called Heroes of Telara, it sounds really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Mon May 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Full HD MMO would be interesting to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 pm

This does look pretty good. Will have to give it a shot after it releases.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm thinking this could be the "sleeper" hit of the next round of MMORPGs to come out. Will definitely be watching this one and giving it a try when it launches.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:06 pm

It's the future of mmo's. I mean look what's happening to aion. If you haven't watched the aion vision trailer you should. EAsy to find on youtube. It's amazing. I think I'm so used to MMO's looking like ffxi, wow or w/e that I dont' realize how far mmo's have come and what were about to see in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 am

I am in great hopes for this game. The more I see the more I want to play it. I trust the dev team they had in place since many are from other successful games like DAoC. Information seems to be coming at a much brisker pace as well. My hope is that its released very late 2011/early 2012 since I will be firmly placed in FFXIV for a good long while.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am

This game is shaping up to be very nice. I dont want it to kill wow (something has to distract the retards lol), but I would love it to be very successful. Hopefully they dont make the dumbass mistakes Warhammer did...

"Its a game not a world" Paul Barnett's crack still grates on me... I knew the game was doomed as soon as he said that, and wanted to shake the crap out of him. But still I played for a while. Onigiri oo
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:01 am

Yeah, Paul is an idiot. Funny, but not much of an "mmorpg"er. With Rift and GW2 and SWTOR and now FFXIV, I won't be complaining for a long time about not having any MMOs to play except WoW. Finally something is coming along to compete and the real winners are us gamers. :D
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Aside from FF14 and GW2, Rift is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most. I got a key from a German gaming site that's supposed to be a beta invite, but as beta for Rift hasn't started yet I'm not sure if it means anything... I hope it does I love to beta games :-)

Regarding SWTOR... with the amount of money being thrown at that game, I think people are going to be expecting nothing short of spectacular. Couple that with the fanatical Star Wars fan base that will nit-pick every single nuanced detail, TOR is going to be under a huge microscope... I hope it doesn't disappoint.

There's certainly a lot of great games coming in the next 12 months to really keep all of us occupied.

Now... if only CCP would finally release real information regarding the World of Darkness MMO... then I'd really be excited about an up-coming game. I spent the majority of my teenaged years playing White Wolf games with friends, and that IP has the potential to be great as an MMO...

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Eh... Im not too excited about TOR anymore this game, Rifts and GW2 are the only one Im waiting for excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm

i am honestly look forward to ff14...duh.....rift would be nice to try out, along with swtor. i am more or less waiting on Warhammer 40k mmo. as for deadspace 2 and fallout new vegas....i would like to see a true fallout mmo that be cool to see as well. as for GW2 not a huge fan of GW the 1st didnt do anything for me but annoy me maybe the 2nd one will be better. as far as wow goes ugh.......
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:15 pm

For a fallout mmo, I really like Fallen Earth; its not a true FO3 mmo, but it has that Fallout feel too it.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:19 pm

ugh fallen earth... way to overboard with crafting.....if they balanced it out more between drops and crafting it be much a better game along with adding more group stuff to do. as chota u can almost solo everything. it has a lot of great things to offer just needs a lot more work in my eyes. social stuff was a nice touch
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Yeah I agree there, crafting is a little overboard, but other than that its pretty neat. I like that you can craft nearly anything... even cars.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Fallen Earth does feel like fallout. Minus the fun combat.

Not a fan of Fallen earth, it felt wrong and combat was tedious. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:50 am

I've been watching this one for ages aswell - it's still looking really good. For me, it'll be the only other one to try out while playing FFXIV. I was initially looking forward to TOR but I really don't like the visuals posted so far - just not my style.

What I really need is some sort of life vcr so I can put everything into slow motion and have twice as much time to play games.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

it is true!!! yay
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:58 am

i have been reading up on that rift mmo and it has a lot of things it i like about it, it might be something for us to maybe keep tabs on
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 am

Talos Dembski wrote:
i have been reading up on that rift mmo and it has a lot of things it i like about it, it might be something for us to maybe keep tabs on

Yes, it's still looking very promising - they're bringing in a lot of elements from the games the team have been part of, like eq2 (shinies - yay!), and it really looks like it will be fun to play.

It seems it'd be really easy to party up aswell, with however many were on line (even if it was as few as two) for the rift part of the game. Considering all our different playing times, that would be useful.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 pm

For me GW1 was a big old flop...so I expect the same out of GW2..prolly not going to even touch it.

SWTOR looks promising but the graphics seem outdated and the way they have combat setup is kinda hokey.

I checked out Rifts and Tera at PAX in Seattle and so far those are the only other two games I am interested in even trying.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Definitely excited for Rift and TERA, both for entirely different reasons. I might try TOR when they offer a free trial period, but the more I read about the game, the less enthusiastic I am.

Not sure why you expect GW2 to be like the original though. Every single snippet of information regarding that game tells me it will be head and tails above and beyond what the original GW was... it's not going to be all instanced where towns are just glorified game lobbies.

Dynamic world events, destructable environment, plus what I think's the coolest element is the ability to use a party member's abilities to augment your own. One example they give is an elementalist puts up a wall o' fire... if you're a hunter and you fire an arrow through the flames... fire arrow. That creates almost limitless different party dynamics!

If Arenanet lives up to the hype, it'll definitely be a game to look at. Besides... no sub fees so all you're out is the cost of the game. Ignore the cash shop trollers. Just like previews of FF14 and mixed information... people like to make up stories that aren't true.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 am

all the hype about RIFT made me curious... so i checked em up last night... looks nice imo... might give it a try.... they got naming lawsuit??? lol...

never liked GW ... but like corday says... GW2 could be a whole different game when it got released...
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm

I will be playing this if ffxiv doesn't improve... hopefully getting into the beta this year... next month or two.. if anyone else gets in too lemme know . I'm looking forward to trying this.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:21 pm

I'll definitely be giving it a try, this and Tera both look like some good fun. Though I didn't know that you were at odds with XIV as well, since ya havn't said anything on the forums for quite some time now. I've just been told you're leveling just as fast as usual...hehe
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara   Today at 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down

Rift: Planes of Telara
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next