HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 12:39 am

Greetings all, finally after weeks trying to register Pol id (ucs-60257 error), i can get in huuraahhh... btw i had to apply for a new cc for it to work... so within 2 weeks w/o a way of getting into the game i had some LS research and found you guys, so today i got my brand new character named Blackbean in Fenrir.

I've played FFXI before DRG/DRK/War LVL 60/30/30 since first release then i had to move to Indonesia in 2004 forcing me to quit, back then internet was crap here in Indonesia, now its much better so i can play FFXI again. had to flew the game all the way from US tho, then the cc problem... but thats all in the past, now is happy time... tho i forgot all of the commands and macro...

past mmo experience, i played EVE online (active), LOTRO (active), WAR, Fallen Earth, but hey i have to get back to my first MMO ever FFXI... going to cancel those active sub later...

hope to see you guys in game soon... i'm going to try thief atm last time i played, DRK/THF kickass big time in dmg, suggestions r much welcomed...thx... oh plz send me the LS
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 am

Why hello there, nice to have ya find and choose us, however I'll need ya to read our Info page to learn more about us, especially our naming policy, guidelines and rules. You will need to come up with a far better name than Blackbean before we'll grant you membership to our LS.

We do look forward to seeing you back in Vana'diel and hopefully enjoying it once again...

Get back to us here with a new name and we'll go from there...thx
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 am

Okay, since i havent done anything in the game... i can just recreate a new character, weird tho i didn't see "you can not use veggie names"...

okay how bout Japanese name since this is a Japanese game, how bout Touchi???

do i have to choose the surname now???
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 2:19 am

oh btw any nation preference???
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 am

Blackbean wrote:
weird tho i didn't see "you can not use veggie names"...

okay how bout Japanese name since this is a Japanese game, how bout Touchi???

do i have to choose the surname now???

No, but it does specifically say to choose a fantasy name, and Blackbean is not fantasy...every little stipulation doesn't need to be spelled out, but for some I suppose it does.

Quote :
Your name must also be entirely unique that falls into the categories of Fantasy {FFXI} or High-Fantasy {FFXIV}.

Sure that name will work and any nation is really your preference, but a majority of us are working on the Bastok missions, but its been slow going.

And you do not have to choose a sur name now, but if you have one, that would be great, otherwise you have until close to FFXIV launch to choose one!

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Wed May 26, 2010 2:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 2:56 am

ok ill go ahead and create the char... since i'm going to use hume race guess bastok it is... for the ring
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 2:59 am

Membership granted...welcome to EE...sorry it took so long...was camping an NM and forgot to check forums for your reply...hehe
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 am

hey no problem... i was checking out macro commands anyway... i used a laptop atm so i cant even do the basic walking properly

thank God everything already start coming back to my memory thx to some of the posts in the forum... very helpful
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 3:08 am

Lemme know when ur in, and I can come give u an LS Pearl then...about to go make some food now...shall be back!
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 am

Thx i'm in now... ah the nostalgia...
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 3:43 am

Blackbean would technically be okay if you start as a galka, seeing as such names are common among the NPC galkas in the game lol Part of Galka lore!

Anyways, welcome to the shell :p
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forums and LS. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Welcome to the Linkshell! Glad to have you with us in XI and in XIV in the future!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
Blackbean would technically be okay if you start as a galka, seeing as such names are common among the NPC galkas in the game lol Part of Galka lore!

Of course you'd have to find some loophole just to annoy wouldn't you?! lol
Welcome to the LS Touchi! Three active MMOs at once, wow, lots of time and money to spare perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 pm

@Pyrrha

nope i can only afford 1 at a time... i don't have that much time... i already canceled eve (right on time before next billing) as for lotro its a 3 month basis ($30 for 3 mths instead of $15/mth, i already canceled the sub, but i still had less than 2 mths worth of sub left)

Focus on ff now and definitely going to play the ffxiv.

btw i thought galka actually had their own names, its the humes that give them names like "tall mountain".... remember raibath w/ cid when cid said he's going to call him "silent mountain" and raibath said "you wouldn't, you're not like the others..." (rank 1-2 bastok mission... still fresh for me lol )

Last edited by Touchi on Wed May 26, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Very true, nice catch and I don't recall ever seeing a Galka named after food though either...heh

They tend to have names given to them for their accomplishments or things they've done like the Indians.
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed May 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Very true, nice catch and I don't recall ever seeing a Galka named after food though either...heh

They tend to have names given to them for their accomplishments or things they've done like the Indians.

I'm sure there's a bean farming galka somewhere!

From what I remember, the names that galka NPCs have were given to them by humes because their real names were too difficult. There's lots of history behind them thar galkas.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu May 27, 2010 4:18 am

apparently the galkas didn't like what they're called by the humes, disrespectful or sounds like a pet maybe???

anyway, i got a spare registration code lying around if anyone need it... 30 days free...

i got no one to give...
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Thu May 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:

Hmmm My galka name would be Two Trucks.. Since people wonder why I have 2 red trucks. All I have to say is "One for towing and one has a V-10 viper engine.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello   

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: