HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

*waves* harrow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warager

PostSubject: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Well i can't believe i put off playing ffxi for so long :(. I'm a long time ff fan and for some reason or another i just never picked up xi. Well i'm between games. anticipating ffiv (if i enjoy it) or DIII.
I stumbled upon you guys in the mmorpg forums when reading up about ffxi. can't remember the name of the poster (and too lazy to go back and look) but he seemed genuinely helpful so i clicked your banner and here i am.
I've already used your site quite a bit for getting the game configged and i'm surprised how well it looks on my puker. took a bit of getting used to the controls though :).

Neway long story longer. I made a toon on Fenrir (i think that's where you guys are based) and am looking to join your link shell if you'll have me :).

Got a hume warrior on the go. I'm level 7 now and a complete newbie lol. I had to sell my strips of jerky to afford a new axe :(. Not that i'm looking for handouts just to show you how newbie i am lol.

look to hearing from you either here or in game.

\\o

warager
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello hello, nice to have ya interested in us. So really how do ya like it so far? I see you're lvl 8 now and chumming along nicely. Don't forget to do the New Player Tutorial...one of the gate guards in Bastok Markets will start it, course if ya sold your meat jerky then you prolly already have it underway.

Also do the Fields of Valor every hr, from the floating books...it explains it in there too, and be sure to learn how the AH works as that is everyones primary source of gil at pretty much all times!

Well membership granted and we'll see ya in game, and get ya a pearl soonish.

Btw, if ya clicked on a banner from MMORPG to get here that would be me, Khrymson!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Warager

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm

ya khrymson that's the name :).
I'm feylina from mmorpg.com

i posted in the workaround thread for setting up a play online account without a secure cc.
honestly i think people just lose their mind when they have to jump through a hoop or 2. It was really no effort at all.

i'm slowly learning the ai. put a few things on the ah (crystals) and am working on the gate guard quest out of bastok.
i haven't managed to see a book yet. this is actually my second toon. first was an elf out of san dora or something like that. book was nice and easy to see. i rerolled cause i was only level 5 and i wanted to be out of bastok to get great axes :)

neway hope to see you in game. maybe you can explain to me how to get autorun to work lol. also i seem to be having problems replying to people in game. ah well mebe a relog will help.

forgot to add how i like it :). so far it's great. graphics are better than i could have imagined. as cheesy as it sounds it's actually like playing a ff online (thus the name probly :P) if that makes ne sense to ne1 but me. only things making me grumpy atm are mobs that move and i have to run after them before i can swing :P. aside from that i'm enjoying the emersion of it :).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:14 pm

hihi and yes, there are quite a few whiny brats that go nuts on MMORPG about the controls or setup and quit because of the simplest things that doing a littler reading will uncover but are too lazy to do, yet writing out a block of text venting their frustration is far easier...oh well. They're missing out on one hell of a game. Course it is funny some of them, especially the ones that are like, "OMG this game is crap they don't tell you anything to do, they expect me to run around and talk to NPCs and just kill mobs for no reason....I quit! /slit" rofl

Anyway:

Too Reply its Alt+R and multiple presses will cycle through previous names.

Too Autorun press and hold forward #8, and then hit #7 key.

Once you get a ranged weapon and learn some tricks of the controls hitting mobs before or after they start running won't be an issue, and you said you're a Warrior right? At level 5 you have provoke that you can use to make a monster aggro you and stop running away. Read up on our guides section to learn how to write out macros, and here is a quick one for Provoke:

/ja "Provoke" < t> 'no space in brackets'

There are also tons of other things in there that are invaluable to know about. The FoV book for South Gustaburg is near the Bastok Mines entrance...just go left coming out from the Market, hug the mountain and you'll find it.

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warager

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm

hehe figured out the autorun just before you posted :). just mashed the keyboard a few times then tried to reproduce the effect :).

definately checkin the guide forums. i spend about half my time in game and the other half on here or fficlopedia lookin up stuff

oh and ty for membership :)
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forums and the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:

I lol'd when I read that, you do know that you're not currently typing in the game so typing out "" won't have any adverse effects right? Silly Khal!

Welcome to EE Warager!

Once you get further in the game things might get a bit challenging and frustrating, but stick it out because there's a ton of content to play through, and most of it is actually fun! :D lol, there's almost too much content for people like you and I who haven't been playing very long, so much to do, and they keep adding more! Make it stop! I'm starting to forget what it's like to have a life! D: Oh who am I kidding... lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
Khalus Akuhei wrote:

I lol'd when I read that, you do know that you're not currently typing in the game so typing out "" won't have any adverse effects right? Silly Khal!

Actually it does on these forums...try it and you'll see the t in brackets doesn't show up!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 pm

o.o
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: *waves* harrow?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:10 pm

How odd! Why does it dissapear? :p
Back to top Go down