HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

New FFXIV Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm

This looks fracking incredible....they definitely have a winner here, not that that was very difficult for fans of FFXI to notice! So very excited, but damn it takes a super power PC to run on the highest settings!~

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Well...that was certainly nose-bleed worthy. Also I think there was a male miqote about halfway through.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Nah. If you pause it and look closely, the boy has something on his head and has normal ears. Nice trailer though!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Elendhelie Starflower wrote:
Also I think there was a male miqote about halfway through.

Ahhhh...lalalalalaalala, lies all lies!

I did however see a possible Gria:

More info on the Gria:

The Gria (???, Guria) are a dragon-like race from Ivalice, first introduced in Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Since they are only seen in Jylland, it can be assumed they are native to this region.

The Gria are a small-bodied draconic race, complete with dragon wings, tail, and horns. The Gria are more proficient in physical attacks rather than magick in combat. Their ability to fly seems to allow them
to ignore the Jump stat, giving them an advantage in areas with high terrain, and allowing them to easily get behind units, as they can simply fly over them rather than try to walk around them. And unlike units equipped with Faerie Shoes, which use teleportation to ignore the Jump stat in a similar fashion, Gria are immune to falling damage; If they are knocked off a high cliff, the Gria will use their wings to slow the descent.

It is never made clear if the Gria are entirely female, or if they have male members. The game only features female members, so only assumptions can be made. This is not unusual if they have both genders, as all of the playable Humes, save for a few important characters, are male. Note that the Gria are not to be mistaken with the Aegyl.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Ondyne Kyrie

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Hm, Treva is getting me a new computer for Christmas.

The trailer loosk awesome! I'm so glad Lalafell don't have teh weird taru noses.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Ah thats what I saw... thought they were cat ears.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 am

yay I always look foward to new videos :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Thistlin Polarius

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:01 am

They are putting out new beta invitations every week, (about 3k) to North America, so keep your eyes open, and yes, there is no specified CPU specs yet, but probably something that will required a computer to have an accelerated video card with at least 2 gigs of ram.

As for the Male Mithra, it's a mystery to us all.

For those of you who wanna test it out, the benchmark program has gone live and public
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/06/15/ffxiv-benchmark-released/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FFXIV Trailer   

Back to top Go down

New FFXIV Trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1