HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

I can see clearly now....kinda

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:09 am

soo...friday the 18 i got lasik surgery... for those of u who dont know what that entails...i dont wanna freak u out...it doesnt hurt but then again its not like its fun either. its a bit uncomfortable but its quick. no pain...

it sounds worse than it is >.> took like 20 minutes tops
so the end result? first thing i told the doctor was that i could see the wall socket and the little holes...what can i say O.o yes i was that blind...without glasses...
the big E at the eye exam... >.> i didnt even see a black blur...just the color of the wall the nurse lady laughed at me... it was so bad that to read a book i had to put my nose 1 inch from the text and dont even bother trying to see faces....

now? now i keep moving imaginary glasses up my nose >.> and then taking off imaginary glasses to wash my face...reaching for imaginary glasses in the morning... O.o its driving me nuts....

so yea...this is me telling the guild im not blind anymore
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 am

Nifty....and grats on finally being able to see...GL on the imaginary stuffs though!

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 am

its like when i dont wear my watch...i keep looking at a blank wrist...
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 am

Congratulations on the eyeball repair.

I have a friend who wants to do it badly but is too scared. He bails whenever he needs a blood test done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:13 am

ROFL, this just came to mind!

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:01 am

thats what i was thinking when i did the subject title xD
Back to top Go down
Ondyne Kyrie

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:42 am

Thats awesome! I'm so happy for you. Glasses and contacts are such a pain. I'm about as blind as you were, and if I had the spare money would do that in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:28 am

:o though...i must say putting the drops in your eyes for days after is a hassle

antibiotic to disinfect the eye is 4 times a day for like 2 weeks

the other drops i gotta take were every 2 hours and the artificial tears (i can cry without squirting em in my eyes...) is every hour.

its hard keeping track of it all O.o
Back to top Go down
Jaelia Fiori

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Woot awesome news on having your eyes done! I wear glasses too, would be good not to have them anymore hehe! I had contacts too, however my eyes used to water too much with them. The drops you have to put in only for a certain time? Be worth it all in the end though
Back to top Go down
Aziel

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Congrats! I myself can't do lasik surgery as one of my eyes is kind of a lazy eye, where the iris wasn't fully developed when I was young (kind of hereditary). My right eye is fine and can do surgery but the doc was saying it might be a 50/50 risk as complications might occur and my right eye (which I rely on more than my left) will be no more and I'll be having trouble seeing after that. The doc just didn't want to risk it.

But I'm always glad to hear someone having to see so good again! :) Congrats, again. :)
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:03 pm

:) ty...yea...im loving life with no glasses XD but i still keep reaching for them on my nightstand LOL
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:29 am

yeah it's always nice to be able to see. It's almost like a phantom limb I guess you could call it :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can see clearly now....kinda   

Back to top Go down

I can see clearly now....kinda
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1