HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello fellow FF fanatics :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey EP, I'm impressed with your website, "marketing" and charter and would love to become a part of your community. I'm a long time FF fan, ever since FF1 on the Nintendo. My name is Bryan, I'm married and have 2 boys, so I'm not "young" hehe. Not too old though to have fun and enjoy games.

Let's see, my MMO history. I started with Star Wars Galaxies. Moved to FFXI after that. Played that for a decent few years, and off and on since then. I've bounced into other games like WoW, EQ2, Lotro, Vanguard, AoC, etc. I love MMORPGs, in case you didn't notice. Anyway, recently I've been bouncing around some SOE games, but ultimately a bit bored with them and annoyed with the lack of people playing. I of course am anxiously awaiting FFXIV and will need an LS to call home.

In the meantime, I'm getting the itch to play FFXI again. It's been awhile, but in the next week or so I plan to resub and see where my old characters are. I will either make a new one on Fenrir or transfer an old one to join you guys, if I may. I look forward to meeting all of you and hopefully will see you in game.

Oh, I use a few different names, but mostly the same ones. I go by Inspiritus, Elocke, Elocar, Dorogar to name a few of my more common ones.

Thanks,
Inspiritus
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Hello hello, welcome to our forums, and very glad ya like our Info page...prolly one of only a few that actually commented having read it...rofl

I see ya have the typical list of MMOs that most of us have tried at one point and have found boring and pointless after a very short time....nothing seems to stand out with most of them anymore, which I'm sure ya have noticed.

Oh rejoining FFXI...that should be quite the experience if its been awhile for ya, as there is a slew of changes and the new lvl 80 cap recently! Looking forward to ya joining us in Vana'diel once again. Does your wife play too?

Hrm, interesting list of names, however we'll have to decline the use of Inspiritus in our LS as it doesn't have that fantasy twing to it, and on an unrelated note with a quick google search, Inspiritus is the name of a Gay/Religious website...rofl! I do like your other names listed though, so please choose which of those you'd like to use here and we'll go from there on granting you membership!

See ya laters...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome to the site. Nice to have another returnee.

There are quite a few new things added to FFXI. Hope you enjoy your time back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Hello hello, welcome to our forums, and very glad ya like our Info page...prolly one of only a few that actually commented having read it...rofl

I see ya have the typical list of MMOs that most of us have tried at one point and have found boring and pointless after a very short time....nothing seems to stand out with most of them anymore, which I'm sure ya have noticed.

Oh rejoining FFXI...that should be quite the experience if its been awhile for ya, as there is a slew of changes and the new lvl 80 cap recently! Looking forward to ya joining us in Vana'diel once again. Does your wife play too?

Hrm, interesting list of names, however we'll have to decline the use of Inspiritus in our LS as it doesn't have that fantasy twing to it, and on an unrelated note with a quick google search, Inspiritus is the name of a Gay/Religious website...rofl! I do like your other names listed though, so please choose which of those you'd like to use here and we'll go from there on granting you membership!

See ya laters...

Aww man, I thought it sounded unique. Man....ok, crossing Inspiritus off my list. Anyway I can change my registered name? If not no biggie. I usually go by Elocke or Elocar or Elocaros as a main. Any of those works. I prefer Elocke. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to wait until the 1st/2nd before I resub, no sense getting charged for the extra month.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Elocke it is then...welcome and do enjoy our forums!
Back to top Go down
Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Hey there and welcome ^^ I like the names, and I've played a few of the games you mentioned too. I actually really liked EQ2 and LotRO, but not sure how EQ2's population is anymore. And right now I'm a little tired of the questing grind, and have always enjoyed the more group-oriented play of the earlier days of EQ 1, DAoC, and what has always been the case with FFXI, so I keep coming back to FFXI xD

*Looks up* Um... and the point of that is to say that we have something in common. And maybe to get your thoughts on those games. But anyway xD Hope you enjoy it here, be it in Vanadiel or Eorzea :)
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Heheh, thanks Citrond. My thoughts on those games....where to start?

Lets see, EQ2 is one I will bounce in and out of. I like the music, the spell effects and the size of the world. However, I felt the quests don't flow well into each other and you end up repeating the exact same type of content just different graphics every 10 levels. I keep getting to about level 50-60 and I find I have no desire to log in. Still, not a "horrible" game in any sense.

Lotro on the other hand, I have a lifetime sub to. So I can play that anytime. BUT, I tend to get bored of it as well when I've been through all the content. That's one game I will pop in and out of when they content patch it. Besides FFXI, it is the ONLY other MMO to truly give me story in a good way.

Now as to why I am popping back to FFXI. There is just "something" about FFXI, I think its the atmosphere of the "world". It just feels alive. Every zone. I have always loved the art style of FF and of course the music. Plus, one character all jobs is just the best idea EVAR. lol I love that aspect, I just wish you could solo a bit more and maybe quests were a bit easier to keep track of, like a quest journal that keeps tabs as to what part of the quest you are on or which ones you have completed and who gave them to you. Of course that wish may be granted in FFXIV, hopefully.

I am a big fan of WoW as well, it's just a FUN game, even though after 6 years it has gotten easy and another game where I've experienced everything already. Cataclysm will change that and make it fun for awhile.

Now that I think about it, FFXI also offers just so much to do, even if you hit 75 there is a TON of content to experience from storylines to raids to crafting, quests, helping others, leveling other jobs, that the content itself can't really get old, just the method of getting levels. But at least I enjoy that part IF, big IF, you can get a decent party or static party to do so. I'm all for trying again though.

I think I will focus on getting my character up in Samurai or Dragoon once I transfer him and see where his jobs stand. I know he has em all unlocked, and the highest level is 55 BLM.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah, 50-60 is the highest I've gotten in EQII too, its just the same thing over and over in each zone and never changes...just a different look.

And today SOE posted their class changes which some of its not bad, but lvl 1-15 they removed all forms of being able to tank and provoke or whatever cause they say nobody groups then...what BS and seriously the start of another NGE...sheesh! And many other abilities they don't think players starting at lvl one should know because its difficult to use them....now lets make ya wait until later on when ya do need it and then make ya suddenly know how to use it...rofl
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:10 am

Heh. Yeah instead of changing the classes they should have streamlined the leveling process and make each zone have like a theme or something. This way you at least feel like you are doing the quests for a reason other than xp grind and getting skins from every animal in the zone for some stupid tailor npc who can't get it himself. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fellow FF fanatics :D   

Back to top Go down

Hello fellow FF fanatics :D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1