HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hey!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dragim

PostSubject: Hey!   Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey all, my name is Shawn and I saw your post on the MMORPG.com forums and figured I would come check you guys out.

I enjoyed what I read about the linkshell, I am one of those who have been in the different guilds throughout my MMO career and really enjoy what I read about yours inperticular. I myself am a helpful friendly guy who loves to socialize, and have a great time. I am currently a college student, going about 12-16 hours a semester, while working part time at a liquor store. Currently it is summer and I have plenty of time to do what I will, but during the school year my time is a little more limited, but I always have time to play games ;). I do have a social life and video games sometimes take a back seat to it, but I always find time to log in and play every day it seems, regardless. My downtime generally = games, I am not much of a t.v. watcher. A guild/linkshell can be just a guild/linkshell, but it is the people within the said community that really make it great and as I said before, I have read your information and it seems you guys are a great bunch of people.

Final fantasy gaming wise, I have played all of them up to final fantasy 10. I found arfter 10, they kind of went a different direction than I was used to playing. My favorite final fantasy will have to be final fantasy tactics, and 2nd would be final fantasy 2. I of course am a big fan of FF7, but it isn't my favorite.

I have been playing online games since 1999, when I was 14. I have been that younger kid, but back then, in the EQ days, they didn't put up with the BS the younger kids spew out nowadays, so I felt I had a decent foundation to work with and have grown into a respectable mmo player. I have played, in no perticular order, because it is hard to remember what came first...Everquest, Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot (favorite mmo ever), Final fantasy 11, Everquest 2, Eve Online, WoW, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Global Agenda, Planetside, Kingdom Heroes (low end mmo), as well as some other I probably cannot think of at this time.

I definetly plan on playing the new final fantasy online when it comes out and am currently in the process of getting my old playonline ID back up and running, so if I am accepted I can play FFXI with you guys until the new Final fantasy online comes out. Though I think my Taru Taru is only a 28 red mage, it still would give me the opportunity to get to know you guys!

With that said, it might be clear that I plan on playing a Lalafell in the new final fantasy online, with emphasis on magic, perhaps some tanking.
-An expansion on that - I can fill any roll in a party. I can tank, heal or dps pretty darn good, and am always willing to change for the better of the linkshell.

I do have ventrillo too, if that was a questio of concern, but I am pretty sure I covered everything I need to, if you have any questions or anything just send me a message or post a reply!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 am

Why hello there Dragim, with a very full introduction...hehe Am glad ya found us and want to join, and I'm trying my best to mold us into everything I've said on our 'Info' page and thus far for the most part everything holds true! Although I wish everyone would be far more active here on the forums I built for us, but c'est la vie!

We'd very much welcome another social member online playing with us as often as possible, but do keep in mind our number playing right now have been dwindling, prolly due to summer in full swing, holidays and just needing a break before FFXIV, so ya may have to play solo more often than not, but at least ya can socialize and get to know us in the mean time.

We do have Vent which is not required for now, but may be in the future for certain events; to make it easier on communication, and I'm on there as often as possible...

Well, membership granted and do take the time to read our member forums and socialize...talk with ya later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Dragim

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome! And sorry about my lengthy post, I can be a bit long winded at times when I type, I like to be thourough in my explanations :P.

Anyways, I am still working on getting my PlayOnline id back, in the process of exchanging e-mails with the playonline staff to get it recovered. I have no gripe about fighting by myself in FFXI, I figured it would be as such, because most people are higher lvl.

Hopefully I can have it up and running soon!
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Never fear. I'll join you for groups and such. Just coming back myself after a long time away. I amazingly got my Warrior from level 11 to 23 last night when I got invited to a Moblin Maze Monger summoner burn party. Now I need to go back to the dunes and skill up my aze hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dragim

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Elocke wrote:
Never fear. I'll join you for groups and such. Just coming back myself after a long time away. I amazingly got my Warrior from level 11 to 23 last night when I got invited to a Moblin Maze Monger summoner burn party. Now I need to go back to the dunes and skill up my aze hehe.

Cool, well, it seems I cannot retreive my old playonline ID so I had to buy a new game and will be starting at lvl 1. Any suggestions on a class mix to level to ease my not being in groups so much?
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:28 pm

At this point I don't think it matters anymore. With level sync and all that. BUT, I myself am a 22 warrior, taking it to 37 and then I'm going to switch to Samurai.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Yup, this late in the game...just get in there and have as much fun as ya still can doing whatever, until FFXIV launches...so soon!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Welcome. Shame you couldn't get your ID back but hope you enjoy starting at lvl 1 ^^ A lot of new easy ways to level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Dragim

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Arukan Enki wrote:
Welcome. Shame you couldn't get your ID back but hope you enjoy starting at lvl 1 ^^ A lot of new easy ways to level.

yeah, it has been cool so far. A lot of help from the Linkshell, which has helped ease the fact that there aren't that many lower levels around, but luckily due to level sync, I have been able to get a group! Though the group fell through when i got there, it was still nice to know that the option to do so is available.

Thanks again for all the help you guys have given me!
Back to top Go down
Cascada

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Heya Dragim and Welcome to Eldritch Eponym
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey!   

Back to top Go down

Hey!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum