HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello, everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Hello, everyone!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello, everyone.

I've seen some of your members post rather frequently on the MMORPG forums, so I thought I'd out what Eldritch Eponym is all about. And I must say, I'm rather pleased with your ethos, since it pretty much encapsulates what I'm looking for in a Linkshell: social, casual, and helpful.

As far as my MMO history is concerned, I started off with FFXI when it launched in North America. The job I played most was Paladin, and I loved it. But the game was incredibly time consuming in the beginning, and, since I was in college and all, I really didn't have the time to invest. To this day, my first time around in FFXI is the best MMO experience I've had thus far.

I moved on to WoW as soon as it was released (I got it on launch day—What a different game it was back then!). I've since been back to that game a number of times. I played it last about a year ago, but it couldn't really hold my attention anymore.

I've tried a handful of other MMOs over the years (Vanguard, LOTRO, and various trials), but nothing really gave me the feeling I got when playing FFXI. WoW came close in the beginning, but it still wasn't the same.

So I started FFXI again a while ago, this time as a Thief, but it also couldn't capture me the way it used to. (I think that's mainly to do with the fact that game is well-worn by this time. I mean, it's reasonable for that to happen in the course of seven or eight years.)

I'm incredibly excited for FFXIV. More excited than I've been for any game I can think of in recent memory. I think I just want to reexperience what FFXI was like in the beginning: discovering a new world along with everyone else.

Long story short, I can't wait for FFXIV, and you seem like the type of people I'd want to play with.

——Avgustin
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello and welcome, and thanks for what I'm working on building for us all!

Currently I play a Paladin in FFXI, lvl 77 atm, and I'd love to get 80 and finish more of the story-lines and such, but seriously since the announcement of FFXIV on Sept. 22nd, which is far closer than any of us thought it'd be...{I was expecting Dec}...my enthusiasm for FFXI has dropped considerably. Now I don't hate it or anything, its just damn so little time left to get anything done, and if FFXIV is what I'm hoping it'll be will I ever return to FFXI...ya know...prolly not!

FFXI will always have that special spot just for it, but after so many years playing it and nothing else living up to what amazing lore and gameplay FFXI offered, I still feel winded about ever playing it again after XIV...hehe

Anyway, membership granted and I do hope you enjoy it here!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah, the September release date really threw me off. I also thought it was going to be released around December. I was actually kind of banking on it, because I wanted to build a new computer for the game. Now I might just buy a new video card, and worry about all of the other components later. But we'll see.

Anyway, thanks for the membership!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome to EE!

I know what you guys mean about FFXI interest dying down with the surprisingly close release date for XIV. Even before I knew about it though it was very easy for me to take the month of June off, never had that craving to play, but hopefully it won't be too difficult to get back into it because it would be fun to play the new content and finally get to 75+!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome :D Wow I feel like I am fishing for posts since I haven't been on for so many days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, everyone!   

Back to top Go down

Hello, everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: