HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello All!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boldegon

PostSubject: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am

Hello.

I saw a link to your Linkshell on the MMORPG forums a few days ago while scouting for a new game to try.

I've never played FFXI before, but I am interested in trying FFIV when it comes out. I noticed that the game was available cheap on Steam and decided to give it a shot to tide me over for a couple of months. I finally got it updated and my account set up last night, created a new character, and got online for a while last night.

I'm interested in joining you guys in FFXI and FFIV when it releases. I have a newbie Red Mage on Fenrir :) I made it to level 5 before it was time to head to bed last night. I'm still learning the interface (it's ummm, different lol) but I have managed to get a feel for it after a couple of hours. I even created a macro!

At the moment, I'm reading through everything I can get my hands on trying to get up to speed. Information overload FTW!

I've been playing MMO's since EQ. Most of my time has been in EQ, Eve, and WoW. I'm finding FF pretty refreshing so far. I kinda like the slower pace of combat, and by the end of the evening, I was getting used to the movement, and actually enjoy not having to use the mouse to get around in the game.

Anyway, if you guys are willing to help show a true newbie to FFXI the ropes, I would love to join.

-Bold
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 am

hiya and welcome to the forum. You might and might not see me online because of the time difference ^_^
Back to top Go down
Devros Meredin

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:18 am

Hello and Welcome to EE
Back to top Go down
Daxia

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Hiya, nice to meet ya. Welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
Hexium Dexus

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Welcome nice to meet ya! hope to see you in game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Hiya Boldegon, glad to have ya wanna join us. Playing FFXI for the first should be quite the new experience with KB only for ya, and at least you're in there and willing to learn it too....yatta!~

Membership granted, so please do read through our member areas and come be social with and get to know us better...cyas later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Boldegon

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

I've been ninja-browsing all the sites I can get my hands on while at work today to try to learn this game. I had no idea how big of a game this is! The FFXIclopedia site in particular is great.

Khalus, should I just send you a tell in game to be admitted into the linkshell? I'm currently in Bastok(sp?) I believe. It took a bit but I can actually navigate the city now without stopping to look at my map every 2 minutes hehe.

Also, a quick newbie question if you don't mind. I think I understand this but I want to make sure. Once I hit level 18, I can do a quest to open up my subjob. Then, I can pick say...White Mage or whatever. I then make it my main job and level it up? Then I can switch back to red mage and make my white mage my subjob, and it will be 1/2 of my main job's level. So if I level white mage to 8 and then switch back I would be an 18/8? But if I leveled it to 18, I would be 18/9? Then when I hit 20 as a red mage I would be 20/10 automatically? Is that how it works?

Thanks and I hope to see you in game tonight.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Yup exactly as you have said....you have done your research well...hehe

Yeah I'll jump on and get ya a Pearl here soon! Just so ya know some of us are still playing through July, but a large % of us have decided that July may be our last month and take a break before XIV, but there are still about a dozen or so playing til launch of XIV.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 am

Welcome to the LS. Hope you enjoy XI as much as we all have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All!   

Back to top Go down

Hello All!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: