HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hi there.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Hi there.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 am

Greetings, EE. I saw the link here from MMORPG, thought I would check you guys out. I like the idea of a fairly casual shell that actually still meets up and forms groups, without getting insane about endgame progression.

I'm planning on playing FFIV from September 22nd, with the collector's edition. Like most people, I've played many mmos, rpgs, and other video games. I did play FFXI for a bit, about a month, but it was really top heavy at that point, which was the summer of 2008. I haven't really decided what race/nationality I'll play, I tend to play healers or tanks in most of these mmos. So if I head caster, probably Lallafel, if I go the tank route then Rhoedagaeyn, or however that's spelled.

I'm from the East Coast, so I'm on eastern time. I've been a schoolteacher, and a translator, though now I'm working in retail. Again. I'm fluent in English and Japanese, and I'm getting better about not correcting grammar and other mistakes...though it burnsssssss usssss....

I also make lots of obscure cultural references, which may or may not be related to any forum posts.

July 21st: I looked up the naming conventions here after I started this forum account. I intend to have a different given name and surname, of course, and I'll look into fixing that.

Hah! We used to have to walk from home to school in the snow! Uphill! Both ways!

Last edited by Kendou on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Pleasure to meet you. I look forward to fighting along side you when these dreaded two months are up.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:19 pm

kendou wrote:
if I go the tank route then Rhoedagaeyn, or however that's spelled.

I'm from the East Coast, so I'm on eastern time. I've been a schoolteacher, and a translator, though now I'm working in retail. Again. I'm fluent in English and Japanese, and I'm getting better about not correcting grammar and other mistakes...though it burnsssssss usssss....

I also make lots of obscure cultural references, which may or may not be related to any forum posts.

Hah! We used to have to walk from home to school in the snow! Uphill! Both ways!

It's Roegadyn, don't worry I had to look it up to tell you! your attempt was just too funny XD A for effort! lol
An addiction to grammar correction and obscure cultural references? I have a new best friend

Welcome, glad to have you :p
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Hiya Kendou, its great to have ya interested in us. We too are very eager to get in XIV on the 22nd and learn how to play this new MMO together. Well, I will admit the first day or 3 or even 5 might be more solo than I'm willing to accept as we all run around and get our bearing and talk to NPCs and figure it all out.

However, after all that I sure hope to see us all playing together at every opportunity, even with the lesser Guildleves...

And uh oh, more grammar police, though it tis the interwebz and I dun care if some things r not properly spelled correctly or just off, just cuz....heh

Well, membership granted, and we hope to speak with ya further on our expansive member forums.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 pm

You weren't kidding about the obscure references, there's one in every post you make XD do you keep a book or something? I'm concerned that if you post too much you'll run out eventually!
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Nah, got a decent memory. Though I post on a few other forums too, so it gets confusing. I try not to use anything twice if I can help it, at least not on the same forum.

Found him sleeping? No, found him waking, watchful. Wroth.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:51 pm

sounds like you're giving yourself quite the challenge to worry about :p I hope it's worth the trouble for you!
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:37 pm

I spend most of my energy trying not to happen to someone. The rest of it is generally devoted to avoiding boredom.

It's easy to be self-reliant, especially when you have other selves to rely on...
Back to top Go down
Hexium Dexus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Welcome nice to meet ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there.   

Back to top Go down

Hi there.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum