HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello Folks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 am

Hi there.
Happen across this LS via thread on MMORPG.com Forums.
Figured I stopped in a take look to see if this would be a good place to call home, since my other guilds aren't going to be playing this.
Other than I think you when a little overboard on naming rules, I like what I saw on your info page.

Well the MMOs I've played in the past where FFXI for 3 months, WoW for 4 years, WAR for 2 months, and Aion for 3 months.
There were others but didn't play them past the free month.

My biggest reason for quitting FFXI after 3 month was I got tired not being able to find a group and there was nothing to do while waiting.
That somewhat jaded me against forced grouping games.
WoW I just got bore of after 4 years.
WAR just wasn't fun when you hit tier 3.
Aion my Legion fell apart... no one was ever on.

Last edited by Johari Phoenix on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Welcome! Hope you have a nice time hanging around.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard! Seems to me now that we won't be having any problems grouping, that's for sure.

I look forward to grouping with you in game. I'm sure we'll all have a blast.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 pm

hehe, hihi Johari, please do take a look around and see if we're what you are looking for, and if ya have any more questions then do ask us. And you're not the first person to question our naming policy, so all good, I'm glad we're different and raising eyebrows over it. However you'll come to discover its all for the best and has worked out quite well thus far!

I completely understand your reason behind quitting XI, because its really not much fun alone, as its designed to be played with others. I've been it the same situation many times prior and quit, only to come back a few months later cause its really that good of an MMO. And this not finding others to play with is one of the primary reasons why many may find our rules and guidelines weird and question our naming policy. In the long run we've had a far easier time at recognizing and getting to know each other far quicker than I've ever before in any MMO.

Anyway, membership granted so we'll see you in our members areas and can talk more there.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the company we keep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks for Warm Welcome.
See ya Around the forums and in game come September :)
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:50 pm

You made it through 4 years of WoW?! I got to the cap within 3 months and that was it for me.

It's too bad you didn't come around to trying FFXI again when we all started again in February, the grouping was easier because of Level Sync and there was more casual stuff to do in-between when you got to around 60+, I certainly enjoyed it more this last time around! Having friends to play with helped a great deal too :)

Well anywho, welcome to EE, see you in XIV in but 2 months!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I have RL Friends playing WoW and was part, technically still am, a great Guild there.
If it wasn't for those 2 reasons I probably wouldn't have played as long.
Because I like running alts, I didn't get a toon to 60 until about year after it was released.

I wish I has started FFXI when they added the level sync thing... maybe I would had an easier finding groups.
Then again I play at weird times, because I work 3rd shift.
I'd log in around 9am EST and log out around 1pm... so probably didn't help either
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 pm

My WoW account is free till the year 2028 and I just can't bring myself to play it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Folks.   

Back to top Go down

Hello Folks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1