HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 
 

 FFXIV Recommended Specs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Avgustin Narion



Joined : 2010-07-02
Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Xzen wrote:
Dedicated one of my GPUs for PhsyX and got another 100 points out of my bench score for a total of 4644 on low....

That's interesting. I wonder whether that's actually because of the second card or whether it just falls within the natural range of your system's scores. I've got an old card sitting around, so maybe I'll run some tests myself. I wouldn't think that FFXVI makes use of PhysX at all, though.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus



Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Avgustin wrote:
Xzen wrote:
Dedicated one of my GPUs for PhsyX and got another 100 points out of my bench score for a total of 4644 on low....

That's interesting. I wonder whether that's actually because of the second card or whether it just falls within the natural range of your system's scores. I've got an old card sitting around, so maybe I'll run some tests myself. I wouldn't think that FFXVI makes use of PhysX at all, though.

I've got Windows 7 and an 8gb mem kit coming that might improve my score a bit more. Other than over clocking my system I think that's all I can do.

Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3ghz , 4GB DDR3 ram at 1333mhz, two GeForce GTX 295s, NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Trying to get the most out of this. If you see anything I could greatly improve let me know.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir



Joined : 2010-07-20
Posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:59 pm

FF14 is going to be the first game I install that my computer does not exceed "optimal specs" for....just barely though... I have 8GB of RAM, and my Q6600 is 2.4 gHz, but it's the model that is easily OC'ed so I might just slightly overclock it up to 2.8 or somethin...

I'm also going to drop my GTX 260 in favor of a GTX 470. I just sold my old Macbook Pro to finance it, lest my wife kill me! :-)

I'm going to do a before and after with the FF14 benchmark to see just how much of a difference the new GPU and overclocking makes.

BTW... If anyone wants to purchase or knows someone who wants/needs to purchase a GTX 260 shoot me a PM :D

edit fo spelchek :x
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Corday Rynir wrote:


I'm also going to drop my GTX 260 in favor of a GTX 470. I just sold my old Macbook Pro to finance it, lest my wife kill me! :-)

You should consider the 1 GB 460 over the 470 for now, it appears to be much better, and over $100 cheaper. Or wait a little longer for the 475 to release like I am. We still have 2 months to go...so I'm hopeful it'll get released in time! Do a comparison of the two, the 460 trumps the 470 in every way besides max gb, and cores.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir



Joined : 2010-07-20
Posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 pm

I was thinking about waiting on the 475 but I can't find anything that even hints at a release date or expected retail price.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna



Joined : 2010-07-18
Posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Corday Rynir wrote:


I'm also going to drop my GTX 260 in favor of a GTX 470. I just sold my old Macbook Pro to finance it, lest my wife kill me! :-)

You should consider the 1 GB 460 over the 470 for now, it appears to be much better, and over $100 cheaper. Or wait a little longer for the 475 to release like I am. We still have 2 months to go...so I'm hopeful it'll get released in time! Do a comparison of the two, the 460 trumps the 470 in every way besides max gb, and cores.

460s overclock nicely over 470 performances and run cooler. I would recommend the 1 gig version as well. Performs well and won't break the bank either.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion



Joined : 2010-07-02
Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Corday Rynir wrote:
I was thinking about waiting on the 475 but I can't find anything that even hints at a release date or expected retail price.

I can't find anything about a release date, either, but I'd guess that'd it be placed somewhere in the $350-$400 price range. I doubt that many vendors are going to be supporting the 470 after the 475 is released, which makes me think that the price points are going to be similar.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir



Joined : 2010-07-20
Posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah I think I'll wait for the 475. My 260 will suffice for now... just means I run at medium if the 475 doesn't come out by 9/22.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah there is no date for the 475 yet, but the 400 series is following the same release as the 200 series, and the 475 should be up next. Also a good reason many of these lower # cards that are getting releases is because of their more successful output over the 470/480, thus much cheaper too.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah after looking at those specs, my 8600GTS probably will absolutely chug haha.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:37 pm

I'd suggest upgrading to at least the 460 before launch if ya can.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm going to save up for a 5770, would it be worth getting 2 more gigs of ram(at 2gigs now) with a 32 bit OS? That's 1 gig on the card and 2 gigs on board already...seems like I'd be so close to the cap it'd not really be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Well a 32bit OS can only see and use 3.4gb a ram, the other .6 would be useless, so I'd suggest you upgrade to a 64bit OS as well which can see beyond 3.4.

And if ya can afford it I'd even suggest going for 6gb to give your PC some breathing room...too much RAM is always good; then you have everything loaded at all times you're using and there is no system slow down waiting for data to be transferred and replaced for use.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Well a 32bit OS can only see and use 3.4gb a ram, the other .6 would be useless, so I'd suggest you upgrade to a 64bit OS as well which can see beyond 3.4.

And if ya can afford it I'd even suggest going for 6gb to give your PC some breathing room...too much RAM is always good; then you have everything loaded at all times you're using and there is no system slow down waiting for data to be transferred and replaced for use.

I can't really afford to foot the bill for 300$ for a 64 bit windows right now. I'm not sure how much ram runs, how much is 6gb?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Depends on the brand, size on each stick, etc. I spent $400 for 8gb.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna



Joined : 2010-07-18
Posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Shenhua, if you're strapped for cash, the 5770 and the 1 gig will definitely help (I assume you have a decent 2 core processor).

Like Khalus said though a 64bit OS is key to getting the full bang out of Ram and video card.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah...so memory and OS is out of the question for now haha. I'll just settle with a new video card. And yes I have the Q6600 2.4.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi



Joined : 2010-05-26
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

i'm going to put the bench test on usb stick and stick em up on all hi-end notebook pc sample in the store and buy the ones that got the highest score lol
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna



Joined : 2010-07-18
Posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:48 am

Touchi wrote:
i'm going to put the bench test on usb stick and stick em up on all hi-end notebook pc sample in the store and buy the ones that got the highest score lol

This one would run it like a dream.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi



Joined : 2010-05-26
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 am

yeah i was eyeing at that thing for few months now... the only problem is that the beast is not currently available in my country... good news is the closest neighbor country (singapore) did have it... and its a lot cheaper than my current sony vaio lol...
i could probably have free upgrade if i ask a friend to buy 1 for me (sell vaio here buy asus there) ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna



Joined : 2010-07-18
Posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:21 am

Touchi wrote:
yeah i was eyeing at that thing for few months now... the only problem is that the beast is not currently available in my country... good news is the closest neighbor country (singapore) did have it... and its a lot cheaper than my current sony vaio lol...
i could probably have free upgrade if i ask a friend to buy 1 for me (sell vaio here buy asus there) ^ ^

Oh man I just noticed your location... I bet there's no shortage of awesome computers in Japan. lol
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi



Joined : 2010-05-26
Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 am

actually i can't choose my location (indonesia)... so i picked the closest which is japan... khalus didn't give me the choice lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic


Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:52 am

Touchi wrote:
actually i can't choose my location (indonesia)... so i picked the closest which is japan... khalus didn't give me the choice lol

Oki, ya has the choice now, been meaning to add more and ya just reminded me of it. Already changed it for ya though...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Cecilia White



Joined : 2010-06-22
Posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:31 pm

this is what I'll be getting in about a month for the game , what I'm upgrading to.
APPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card




  • Radeon HD 5750
  • 1GB GDDR5
  • PCI Express 2.0 x16




  • Chipset Manufacturer: ATI
  • Core Clock: 700MHz
  • Stream Processors: 720 Stream Processing Units
  • Effective Memory Clock: 1150MHz (4.6Gbps)
for a new processor I'll be getting the

AMD PhenomII X4 955 3.2 Ghz Quad core

all that for about 330 dollars none too shabby.. gonna do the video card first because that's where I'm mostly lacking.. my current processor is already decent, but I saw a guy use these specs and got a 4100 on hi res benchmark... and right now I only get 1200 on low res so video card is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White



Joined : 2010-06-22
Posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:37 pm

oh btw I wanted to upgrade windows 32 bit to 64 bit, but my stepdad said it's a waste unless you have more than 4 GB of RAM... I have exactly 4GB so is it still okay to upgrade to it now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Recommended Specs.   Today at 3:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
FFXIV Recommended Specs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» BeamNG.Drive tech demo (pc driving/physics simulator)
» [Market] Recommended sale price
» FFXIV Parser
» [RUMOR] Nintendo Fusion DS Specs Leaked?
» Recommended mods for ttw?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: News & Announcements-
Jump to: