HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hey everybody

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey there everyone. I just rejoined FFXI in hopes to get back into the feel of things before FFXIV comes out and i have to say its good to be back. FFXI was actually the first MMO i had ever played and really enjoyed the time i spent on it, then one thing lead to another and i somehow got sucked into WoW for the last 3 or 4 years of my life haha.

Ive played FFXI WoW AoC WAR Aion Guild Wars LOTRO and so far WoW and FFXI have been the only two to keep me hooked. When i played WoW i was a semi hardcore/casual raider and played mainly to try and keep up with everyone else. Ive come to realize the people on WoW dont even really play to have fun anymore and tend to be real jerks which is not what i remember when i used to play FFXI back in the day.

So i figured id jump back into FFXI and play a game I want to play and not a game my friends play. Im back like i said to hopefully get used to it again and then play FFXIV from launch until whenever and with that said i have been playing for the last few days but i cant seem to enjoy myself when im just sitting there playing alone with nobody to talk to and then i somehow stumbled onto this site. I really like what i read in your info and your linkshell is a place i would love to be just because i dont feel like id be forced to be on all the time like i was in WoW and i could just jump on and know i had some cool people to talk with while i enjoyed the game. So i hope you like what i have to say enough so i can soon call Eldritch & Eponym my home.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Welcome!

Man... Have you heard the pure rage in some of those recorded ventrilo conversations on youtube? It's both sad and hilarious to hear these people exploding because of a failed raid or some jerk stealing their loot.

WoW Rage Video

Ventrilo Rage (strong language)
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm

haha ya ive heard and actually experienced some of those events lol its terrifying really how serious some of the WoW players get hence why i left but in the event i actually get accepted or anything into the LS im creating a character now do i have to be from a certain country or does it not matter to you guys
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm sorry do you mean you or your character?
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 pm

wow sorry...probably would have helped if i specified, i meant my character
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Lots of people are listing different starter locations in their profiles. Now whether we all decide to start at the same place or not, I don't have a clue. I heard that some spots house certain guilds... so that might come into play.

For a definite answer, ask Khalus. He knows what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:57 pm

oh alright sounds good, and as for FFXI does it matter whether im from bastok windurst or sandy?
Back to top Go down
Devros Meredin

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey and welcome to EE
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

thanks a lot! i look forward to getting to know all of you
Back to top Go down
Devros Meredin

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Xariz wrote:
oh alright sounds good, and as for FFXI does it matter whether im from bastok windurst or sandy?
It doesn't really matter where ya start but i think bastok is the easier of the 3 and it's easier to get to an astral burn pty if your from there.
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:36 pm

oh alright well thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello Xariz, welcome to our linkshell. As mentioned already it doesn't matter what starting city you begin with in XI at this time, but Bastok is a good choice. For FFXIV, it would appear the the majority of us have chosen Gridania, but at this time I dunno how hard it'll be for us to find members from different city-states. Hopefully SE will talk about the Linkshells and Companies they keep hinting at here soon, too provide us with more info on how it all works.

Well membership granted...we'll see ya on our forums!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

oh man this is exciting! lol thanks a bunch now who do i see about getting a link pearl in game? or dont i lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Only I remain playing that can make and hand out pearls. Others have either quit XI or the LS entirely. I can get on later tonight, and since I too have all but quit as well...July being my final month, I'll be giving one or two still playing; Sackholder status to give out pearls the final 2 months until XIV.

There are about 12 or so still playing through to Sept. last I counted, but at various times...
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:30 pm

oh alright then i wouldnt worry about it lol i thought a lot more of you were still on FFXI but its cool
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Oh we were...for the last 6 months, quite a few of us were playing, but now that XIV is so close, and most of us plan to switch indefinitely, its just not worth it to continue.

We're here on forums, and some of us are on Ventrilo daily...so we're keeping in touch as often as possible until XIV launches.
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 pm

ya i intend on checking back often to keep in touch until XIV comes out
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Welcome to EE and back to XI. Hope you enjoy XI with the time left before XIV comes out. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:08 pm

Welcome Xariz!

There's always plenty going on on the forums so you shouldn't have any trouble keeping in touch and Khal does a great job keeping us updated on the latest news as well, so there's always a reason to log in once in a while.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks guys! Ya i noticed there was a lot of sweet info on XIV and what not that i hadnt already read so that was cool lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey everybody   

Back to top Go down

Hey everybody
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: