HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Greetings   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello everyone,

Much like some others I saw your ad on mmorpg and thought I would check things out. I will be playing FF14 from launch in September. I love the idea of a relaxed social clan that is no pressure to play x amount a day. I am 34 and live in Ohio so EST player who plays as often as his 3 yr old daughter allows which lately as long as she can play is often!

My MMO history is actually fairly short. I play EVE. I have played around with trials of other games but EVE is where its at for me and has been since 2004. However I grow weary of it and always regretted not playing FFXI. So here I am to jump in feet first come launch day and hanging up my spaceship mostly. I am a laid back style player who enjoys the social interactions of these games which is why I enjoy EVE so much. Well thats about it for now and will update this if I think of more to write later.

-Edit by Roan- Please note that this individual is no longer a member of the linkshell. All your replies will be as constructive as prayers and letters to Santa.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Greetings human, we shall take you to our leader who will approve and/or deny your membership with us, so that the fun times can commence!

(yes he can approve AND deny, don't ask how, he just can!)
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Good to meet you. I'm pretty much the same way; looking to enjoy the game with a friendly bunch.

Things are looking up. Looks like we'll have a solid group from the start.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Hiya Qualen, quite an armament of MMOs played ya got there...hehe Thats one of the few of nearly 400 titles I've yet to play...just can't get into the space ones.

While I dunno how little time one has with a 3yr old, I do have 2 labs, one that will be 3yrs old Aug 1st and another that is 1.5yrs old and they're a handful and demand attention at every moment they see me not on the PC, and even then too...nudging my arms to get up and play...which I do as often as I can.

I will say these last few weeks have been great in the membership department here ~ we're getting a ton of new introductions and thus far everyone appears to be interesting and laid back as we are shooting for, so I hope it turns out well.

Membership granted, so do enjoy our forums, and dun forget to fill out your profile on Character Info...cyas later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks for the warm welcomes. EVE grows on you like a fungus but a good one if there is such a thing. Truth be told I am not a scifi person in the least. Always been a fantasy buff but it grabbed hold for sure. Do not know much about labs. We have 2 dobermans Zeus and Apollo. Yay for those who get the cheesy 80s TV reference to that one. I play about 15-20 hrs a week these days. Anyways look forward to playing with you all.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:38 am

Jonathan's "Lads"... nice.

If my dad wasn't such a detective show fanatic I'd have never caught it.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:02 am

Welcome to EE. Sit back and enjoy the company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
I will say these last few weeks have been great in the membership department here ~ we're getting a ton of new introductions and thus far everyone appears to be interesting and laid back as we are shooting for, so I hope it turns out well.

Weren't we telling you not too long ago that things would pick up closer to release date? :p you might want to start considering what to do if we start to get too many members, because with XIV closing in we're only going to get more and more membership requests!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 pm

yeah yeah...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 am

HI, welcome. My dad always thought Higgins WAS Robin Masters, I don't think that over got disclosed one way or another. But we're glad to have you!

See, by my age, I didn't think I'd be doing COMEDY. I thought I'd be driving a red sports car around Hawai'i with my black friend who drives a helicopter, solving murders.
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:41 am

welcome to EE and I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do ^^/
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for being so friendly. This game is not going to be for me though so it is back to EVE I go. Again I thank you and wish you the best of luck in the future in FFXIV
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 am

Welcome Qwalen,

I was always thinking of giving EVE another try, but I'm no PvP friend, so I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Liari Genki wrote:
Welcome Qwalen,

I was always thinking of giving EVE another try, but I'm no PvP friend, so I didn't.

o.o

I won't say anything XD

Sorry to see XIV wasn't for you Qwalen, if I ever happen to end up back in EVE somehow maybe I'll look you up!
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello, welcome. yeah gotta love dogs!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm

In the future when I need evidence that some people don't read all the posts I might just very well use this one as an example! lol Onigiri Dancing
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Luxtra Vherr wrote:
In the future when I need evidence that some people don't read all the posts I might just very well use this one as an example! lol Onigiri Dancing

I know right?
Back to top Go down
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 pm

hey and welcome!!
a good fungus? just my luck i get all the embarrassing bad fungi :((

see ya ingame and on the forums
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:28 pm

/sigh

If you read through the posts you will see that this member recently left the LS. He posted his farewell....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   

Back to top Go down

Greetings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: