HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello y'all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harten Geist

PostSubject: Hello y'all   Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Evening y'all,

Well, after looking around a bit here and there, I found this place(via MMORPG) and after looking at a few this one fits my current playstyle...I think. I won't lie, an MMO 2 months out is a tricky thing to be confident in but...it's not my first time on this train o' pain so i figured I'd toss my hat out there.

A bit about me: I'm 29 yr old teacher from mid Missouri, (so CST) who frankly finds video games about his only form of entertainment he enjoys. I have two kids (9 and 5) who do keep me busy sometimes but also like their time out of my hair too. I'm recently finding myself single so I could use the distraction to be honest for sanitys' sake but that's not my main reason for eyeing FFIV.

Past Games: I've played almost all the FF games. As far as MMO's go I started out in 1999 at the release of Everquest on Karana, and played at some point or another on Terris, Nameless, and Firiona Vie. I got bored and did the beta and release of WoW with a buddy, played a tiny bit of DAOC, EQ2, and did Beta and release of Aion being the most recent. (for anyone curious my char names were...massive but most well known Senedor, Keluian, Keule, Loathe...the rest I've likely forgotten)
I've played with alot of guilds from intense massive raid 6 days a week style, to laid back almost never raid style, to pvp and take names, to confusing mass of insanity. In all honesty, I'm getting to the point a semi-casual laid back setting fits me better due to the time constraints of job, kids, and some health issues I have.(nothing that'll keep me offline most days).

What I am looking for: I want a group of folks that's friendly, likes to do things, yanks me into helping out with stuff(even if I grumble a bit, i love doing it), and realizes if I can't show it's not me saying I hate your guts. I'm a quiet person until I start getting comfortable, just how I am. Frankly, I just want a place where I can make a few friends. 'Nuff said.

What I am not looking for: I don't want any kind of big responsibility. I've been an officer in over 10 guilds, led 2 others, and played main tank/healer more times than can count. In one guild I was responsible for coming up with 50% of the strategies and strategy adjustments, in a heavy raiding guild, while being the main tank, second lead healer and the tank officer, and a major craftsman, and......you can prolly see why I hit burnout after two years of that considering I also was playing 3 characters at a time for groups and 2 for raids. I don't want that kind of pressure, I'll help, but my job has plenty of pressure already!!! I'm not as young as I once was.

How often will you play: Weekends almost garunteed, likely 2-3 days during the weekday. Though depending on events it'll vary I won't lie.

Anything else: ummm lets see....Anything else someone wants to know, just ask. I don't honestly give a darn about protecting my privacy much. I'm open with everything, in fact I'm told I'm blunt to a fault. (aka if I think someone's being a jerk I'll tell them literally "you're being a jerk, remove the stick already" which I guess makes me look like a bit of a jerk =P) 9 out of 10 times I'll answer whatever. Either way, accept or not, looking forward to this game....if only they could bump up the release day!

Harten Geist
aka RJ
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Hehe.. We have ourselves an RJ and an AJ now. It's really good to meet you. A lot of what you said hits close to home for me. I'm here to just lose myself in some fun after my last tour in Afghanistan.

We've got people here that are really friendly and laid back. I started to hang around the vent a little even though we're 2 months from ETA to break the ice. Got to hang around with Khalus a bit, and I like the vibe that I got.

Sounds like we're destined to really have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Hiya...now thats a huge introduction...scanning scanning scanning, oh there we go ~ "in fact I'm told I'm blunt to a fault" ~ very like minds you and I.

You'll find that all your concerns and wishes are well covered here, and exactly what you're looking for to just have fun and not worry about anything else. I hope you decided to stick around for awhile, as we have quite the group of rather like-minded & friendly members eager to board the ship to Eorzea and adventure together!

Membership granted, shall see ya on our member forums...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Harten Geist

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:07 am

haha yeah I kind of lay everything out so there's no surprises. And as a teacher I got into a habit of "detail, detail, detail". Feel VERY sorry for my students!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 am

Nice intro ^^ and Welcome to EE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:52 am

Good day good sir and welcome to this corner of the cyber universe. Would offer some pie but I ate it all so its cake for you!
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Cheesecake > Pie anyway.

Oh yeah, I said it.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 am

Welcome, good to see another teacher. I'm looking for about the same thing, a laid-back atmosphere, sort of business-casual, and that was what was advertised here.

I can teach you a lesson you won't forget in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello y'all   

Back to top Go down

Hello y'all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: