HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zondrea Galebourne

PostSubject: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 pm

<--Mmmm Ramen, uh back to topic, sorry those riceball emotes are highly distracting ^.^ .

I have come from many games and betas, only to still feel empty and unsatisfied. I have played Lineage, Lineage 2, WoW, Perfect World all gPotato games and every Beta known to man. Been in every type of guild from casual that has told me to go PUG (when did I join a guild to PUG?) to the top elitist that has used my efforts in game to profit with real life money stealing items from rare bosses worth hundreds in cash (which is unfathomable to me). The common end result? Always left alone after being as loyal as possible, and why do I mention this? I hope after reading your info section that this was the place to stop and finally put to rest my endless search for companionship.

I am very self effecient and love soloing, but while talking and messing around with people or helping them get things they may need done in game. Actions speak louder than words though and through time I hope I may impress upon you the values in which I uphold. My favorite saying when making an argument to elitist players, is "This may be a game and nothing is real to you, yet those are real players behind the keyboard with real feelings. Treating even 1 person with kindness could mean the difference to that person's day more than you think."

We are human and I will admit seeing people belittling others in an open channel is painful to me. We come to play a game for different reasons but the same is always for fun. Unfortunately there are too many people, who's idea of fun is ruining others game experiences, I don't understand it in the least. I write this to show my express frustration with the factors that have ruined games or guilds even for me. the guilds that say how they are a tight knit family and only have a certain clique and ignore everyone and raid telling you to go PUG, or the top guilds that demand 24/8 activity and condemn less geared or knowledgeable people. I write these things to let you know I do understand your reason for creating this Linkshell.

Only thing I can hope to contribute that isn't a false promise is friendliness and the ability to comprehend all aspects of games along with the social needs of a group of people inspired to head towards the same goal all in the name of FUN.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Ah, you speak exactly how I feel and the primary reason behind what our Info page conveys, and why I finally had to take lead once again and create an Linkshell with values the likes this new generation of kiddies don't and prolly won't ever understand.

One thing I've always hated most about guilds; exactly as you said it ~ is their inability to be friendly or even acknowledge you exist. And why are they even in a guild if everyone just says to go PUG, and won't play together...its foolish! Or the worst; ignore everything you say...I've even confronted guild leaders over this matter and they're like, "So, what do you want me to do about it!?" "Ummm, lead your damned guild already and don't let the members act as they do...sheesh!" At that point I usually quit or get kicked out...rofl

Well its glad to have you aboard...looking forward to getting to know you better ~ membership granted, see you in our members section!

Oh and yeah the Onigiri Riceballs are quite enjoyable...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Honey!! Love you!! Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Woohoo! Happy birthday! Onigiri Fiesta

What I see in this gathering of people is a desire to enjoy the game, first and foremost. I trust that we're all on the same page regarding respect and tact.

You and your husband seem like people with integrity, and I very much respect that.
I look forward to partying along with you.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm

I like you. Happy Birthday and have some cake
Back to top Go down
Zondrea Galebourne

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Yay! thankyou, so bored atm, I deactivated my WoW account due to last guild everyone stopped logging in including guild leader for over a month. Any recommendations as to where most of the members are playing together til FFXIV comes out? I am so terrible have too many Free to play games installed O.O.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Not really playing anything MMO wise for now.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:21 pm

I think we are doing that whole real life/catch up on single player games while obsessing over our email box for beta invite thing.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Welcome, Happy Birthday, and enjoy the hell out of this LS :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 am

I like what you wrote ^_^ and so true in so many levels. I hope you do enjoy it here in EE and hope to see you and your hubby in FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings   

Back to top Go down

Greetings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: