HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Yo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Yo   Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Good day, Members of Eldritch Eponym.

I would like to introduce myself and the character name I plan on using for FFXIV. "Monk Deode". I had read over your naming policies and realize that my name may potentially violate it. I don't use the word "Monk" as title or even a profession/class. It is just a name I've used for the last decade or so. As a kid I used "Darkness Monk" when I played Quake and then eventually that got shortened to "Dark Monk" for forums and other games and then in the last couple of years I've just gone by "Monk" or "Simply Monk" when I need something longer or the previous is taken. If it will be a problem I'd be willing to change it to something you feel acceptable. Possibly Brahm which I've used a few times before.

Anyways, putting that aside, I've been gaming ever since my Dad bought me a NES when I was 9 and we played through Rampage that night. I tend to enjoy RPGs more than anything else, but I'll pretty much give anything a try. As far as MMOs go I've tended to jump from one to the next pretty frequently. I'll either play a game for three months and get bored or stay with it for three years.

MMOs I Played 3 Months or Less: EQ I/II, Anarchy Online, Final Fantasy XI, Shadowbane, Planetside, Warhammer Online, Aion, Neocron City, Global Agenda, Dungeon Fighter Online, Random FTP MMOs
MMOs I Played for a Year or More: Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, WoW

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting at the moment. Most MMOs have become so derivative that I can't tell them apart. Currently I don't play any MMOs and stick mainly to console gaming although I just picked up a new laptop that should be able to play FFXIV fairly well. Whenever there is a new MMO coming out that I'm excited about, I always try and see if I can hook up with a good guild that I can experience the full (not just the rush to the end) game with.

I really liked what I read on Eldritch Eponym's info page. Your ideas and values mirror my personal play style almost exactly and I'd be honored to be able to join your ranks. If you have any questions or concerns I haven't addressed here, feel free to ask.

PS: I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. The only reason I didn't stick with XI that long was because I played on Titan during the US release and finding a group as a Red Mage that didn't speak Japanese (I took two classes 6 years ago, but Kangi killed me. Want to pick up again at some point though) meant 3 hours looking for a group. Pain.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Dropping in to say hello and welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:33 pm

Hiya...sorry for the delay in getting to ya...

Shall get right to it them, and about your name...Monk is an ok name, most popular to me from the TV show Monk that ended its run last season; of which I saw every episode of...too good! However I do find that Brahm has that far better unique feeling to it, but I'll accept both so its up to you!

Ahhh Rampage...such a good game, used to play that all the time during my youth, and I know ya well on RPGs...they are my all time favorite genre. And don't get me started on the jumping from one MMO to the next, though it was a mere few days or a week before I'd look for another. Even today most are just pure and simple crap with no feeling or depth to them, and absolutely no story worthwhile. Developers lately; don't seem to care anymore as long as they are able to deceive everyone long enough to get initial box sales and then give out pie after every 30 days to trick you into paying another month...heh

After seeing and now playing FFXIV, SE knows what it takes to make a proper MMO, and I can tell right now that it will be an MMO to sink several years into. And even still, beta hasn't yet revealed very much in the way of the insane depth and content SE are known for, and its already got me ready to fork over 5yrs+ of payment to them...

Thank ya on the Info page comments ~ I really hope we all will hold onto what I've been building and capitalize on community and friendship overall.

Well, membership granted....lemme know about the name and we'll see ya on our member forums!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Thank you very much. I look forward to playing with you all come release.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Welcome to EE. Lets hope XIV holds your interest for longer then 3 months. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

welcome to EE hope you like it here and see you in FFXIV ^_^
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 am

Nice to meet you man. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 am

Welcome to EE.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Yo   Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Yeah, welcome, hope to see you in game.

I guess they'll have the stock phrase translator in 14, just as they did in 11. Yeah, kanji is rough, unnecessarily so. Those rascally Nihonjin! =^.^=

Some games even let users type kanji into the text boxes, I know Aion did. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of people on to group with. Who knows, some of them may even comprehend English!

Communication is always possible. Granted, when the parties involved are so different, it may be difficult. For example, it is possible for humans to communicate to the grass. We tell it we don't want it to grow above a certain height. We communicate this message by effectively maiming it, but nevertheless, communication is achieved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo   

Back to top Go down

Yo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: