HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 am

So I got a message that for some reason my Windows 7 wasn't valid, so I took some steps to rectify this problem, and rebooted my PC. Upon trying to reboot I kept getting a VMRAM error and it would instantly reboot and would keep recycling over and over.

After several hours reading info on the web with my other crappy PC, and trying every possible solution:

• Resetting CMOS
  • Flashing BIOS
  • Pulling the Lithium Battery {visted Walmart at 3am to buy a new one! friggen $5 bucks..sheesh}
  • Pulling every PCI Card and testing a reboot
  • Disconnecting every device one by one and testing
  • Moving my RAM around in different slots, and trying one stick at a time in case one went bad
  • Changing a dozen different option in my BIOS...etc

Anyway, I forget what I did exactly, but I finally got a message that something Overclocked was failing, and well I don't ever overclock anything...never have; so that was odd. Then I remember that the RAM I bought {which is 1600 DDR3} for some reason my MB would automatically only detect up too 800, and had to be manually set to 1600. The MB specifically says that 1800 is an Overclock feature, not 1600.

Well I moved it down to 1333, and it booted right up...finally! So annoying, and I've been running in 1600 since I upgraded {several months now}, and have had no issues...so I dunno, but I may bump it back up to 1600 again and see if I get the same problem.

At least this wasn't something serious like my MB going out on me, which several in the help forums mentioned could also be an issue...whew~!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

That and few other reasons are why I do not overclock anything.

Glad you got it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 am

The more time passes by, the more these components are being specifically designed to withstand higher voltages. I pretty much expect this rig of mine to die and be replaced within the next year, which is why I'm not too bothered.

Next purchase is likely to be all "Republic of Gamers" labeled, for true stable overclocking performance (and the cool looks).

Glad you got it all sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!   

Back to top Go down

Well, this has been a very annoying overnight!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1