HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

FFXIV Benchmark Calculator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Seems rather accurate enough from the multitude of scores I've seen posted across the interwebz. Anyway I'm surprised at the performance of my GPU and how close it is in relation to the GTX 470. Makes me really rethink waiting on a GTX 475, and as I've mentioned before it may be best to just splurge on getting a GTX 485 or even the GTX 495. They'll be very expensive for sure, but prolly worth it for FFXIV and my future gaming endeavors.

The GTX 480 is up there a ways over the 470, which was my original choice; so I can surmise these newer ones will be much higher. I'm basing this on the fact that the GTX 295 is still kicking a ton of ass after so long, utterly destroying these newer 400 series GPUs.

FFXIV Benchmark Calculator Website ~ scroll down a little, its in the Orange section.

Quote :

We've put this FFXIV benchmark tool up in celebration of the upcoming Final Fantasy 14 (XIV) release. The FFXIV Performance Calculator accurately estimates the benchmark score of any other graphics card based on your machines current benchmark score. Since other factors like CPU, physical memory, HD I/O, and drivers influence this, the calculator needs to adjust the data based on your machine. Therefore note, using other peoples scores is not considered as accurate as using your own. This utility is based off of the FFXIV NVIDIA benchmark utility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the highly anticipated release of Final Fantasy XIV, we thought it would be useful to include a FFXIV Benchmark Calculator or Estimator tool. Most people are running this new NVIDIA benchmark tool on their current system to see how it will handle the game come release time, but its hard to guess how each person's individual system would perform with an upgraded graphics card. So, we made the calculator.

Run the NVIDIA benchmark tool on your system at the desired resolution and get your score. Then, go to our tool, select your graphics card (or the one closest to it) and enter your benchmark score to show how your system would perform with each different graphics card on the market. See an example of the output below based on a 9800 GT.

Added 07/31/10:
This tool has been extremely popular and we are receiving great feedback about it. We just wanted to add a note that since we added this tool, the visitors to our site have increased exponentially. From the GPU Bench, thank you for spreading the word and enjoy the tools!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Weird... This doesn't really match up well with all the listed benchmark scores at all (passmark, 3dmark, furmark). Seems a bit fishy to me.

-Edit- Based on closer observation it seems that the benchmark just uses dual gpu cards optimally. If the actual game is following the same logic, then I suppose I'll take that into consideration for my next rig.

Last edited by Roan Varuna on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:40 pm

For some reason I have a hard time with this in believing how accurate it is. Just does not seem logical that a 295 beats our a couple of those cards.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 pm

If this is the case. The 5870 can be had for under 400 now. I would hop on that in a heartbeat and I am not a ATI fan
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
If this is the case. The 5870 can be had for under 400 now. I would hop on that in a heartbeat and I am not a ATI fan

I've owned both brands and I really don't buy into either side's hype. They're putting out cards of such a high caliber now that the best thing to do is weigh the benchmark score/ price ratio you're comfortable with.

This benchmark makes one thing clear though: Dual GPU cards are really flexing their muscles in FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I have a ATI Mobility 5870 HD and it wouldn't even run the benchmark for me. I blamed the benchmark for being made by Nvidia. Windows 7 would just say the program locked up and close it.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Roan Varuna wrote:
Qwalen Masthead wrote:

I've owned both brands and I really don't buy into either side's hype. They're putting out cards of such a high caliber now that the best thing to do is weigh the benchmark score/ price ratio you're comfortable with.

This benchmark makes one thing clear though: Dual GPU cards are really flexing their muscles in FFXIV.

Had a really really bad experience with ATI when the All in Wonder was still around and never really got past it. I am funny that way. But at the same time I am getting somewhat tired of what I consider overpaying for Nvidia products through the years.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
Roan Varuna wrote:
Qwalen Masthead wrote:

Had a really really bad experience with ATI when the All in Wonder was still around and never really got past it. I am funny that way. But at the same time I am getting somewhat tired of what I consider overpaying for Nvidia products through the years.

See the one thing nVidia scewed up recently is their late release of DX11 grade cards. Guys like me got tired of waiting with our 260s and jumped ship.

Way back in the day I had my Ati rage, and later the 9800. Lucky for me, I had no issues.
Back to top Go down
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

really hoping i don't have to upgrade my gtx260, 2.5k on high, 3.6k on low so shouldn't have a prob. No way would the gf let me get away with upgrading for the sake of one game.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Spirit wrote:
really hoping i don't have to upgrade my gtx260, 2.5k on high, 3.6k on low so shouldn't have a prob. No way would the gf let me get away with upgrading for the sake of one game.

You'll be fine... People are playing with 9800s and 250s without issues on medium settings.
Back to top Go down
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 pm

well it looks like i'm pretty good to go with my GTX 295 I guess...
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 pm

im playin with an 8800 gts and i had to tweak the settings a little bit in beta so far and its runnin around 35-45 fps im still tweakin some more to find a sweet spot but so far its runnin fine
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Must be running it on some really low settings and resolution to get those fps numbers on that card. I'm interested in knowing more details...
Back to top Go down
Xariz Saphiredge

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 pm

i turned shadows down to low since i really didnt care about shadows but textures are set at standard and my texture filtering is set at highest
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 am

Finally got my laptop to run the Benchmark. Apparently Dell does something messed up with the ATI Mobility 5870 HD drivers when they deploy it so I had to just blow out their drivers and reinstall:

Low - 3485
High - 2083

All in all I'm fairly happy to see those results for a laptop.
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 am

Qwalen Masthead wrote:
Roan Varuna wrote:
Qwalen Masthead wrote:

After the massive headaches I had with the ATI All in Wonder I decided never to buy another ATI card again. NVIDIA is it for me unless something better comes along.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:59 pm

nVidia seems to have lost its edge IMO. Fermi cards are pretty much neck and neck with ATI cards almost a year old. November marks a new generation for ATI, and the next will be a venture into the 28nm field...

2011 will be a fun year for hardware fans, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Vexia Ravenlocke

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

I guess it's like most things, I will back my favorites. I have always had great experiences with Nvidia and loathed ATI. Same with AMD vs Intel. While I respect the other users, I secretly snub my nose at the products .. oh crap .. not so secret anymore ... RUN AWAY!

~V
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Vexia Ravenlocke wrote:
I guess it's like most things, I will back my favorites. I have always had great experiences with Nvidia and loathed ATI. Same with AMD vs Intel. While I respect the other users, I secretly snub my nose at the products .. oh crap .. not so secret anymore ... RUN AWAY!

~V

I used to think the same... but realized that brand partisanship only serves to limit your choices. We're dealing with fantastic companies for our CPU and GPU needs, and their constant competition ensures us quality products at a fair price.

Fence hopping can really pay off man.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I ran the benchmark twice yesterday got to a stunning 905-920 score... Onigiri Dead

SE states that below 1500 is below requirements.

Well... this game will gonna ruin my savings...

What do you think about HIS Radeon HD 5830 iCooler V?

And maybe it is time to set my 17" TFT to 2nd rank and get a 22" or 23" TFT (Samsung).
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Liari, if you're getting in the low 900s on the benchmark score, just upgrading your GPU isn't going to fix it. I'm willing to bet you're going to need an entire new rig.

You can get a computer that will easily run FF14 at least at default settings, without spending a fortune. The downside is you may have to assemble it yourself or hire someone to put it together.

Keep in mind that running the game at higher resolutions (most 22 or 23 in screens will look fuzzy at resolutions lower than 1920 x 1080) will require an even more powerful rig.

Let us know how much you can spend, and I'm sure between those of us who are tech-geeks could point you in the right direction...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

This is what I have:
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
Vista 64bit

And the money I have is very limited. I normally wouldn't upgrade at all. I have played at 10 FPS before. So I tend to limit my upgrade to card and display.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Well, you could definitely use a new CPU, and you'll need a new MB to compensate the new tech and power, however your memory may be compatible and reusable. Basically even if you get just a new GPU, your older CPU will bottleneck its performance and it won't function as it should, so ya gotta upgrade the CPU and MB this time.

However its not very expensive to get a nice system these days that can run most games on average settings. What is your budget and we'll help you choose parts and get ya ready to tackle FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:10 pm

ok, so far this GPU would be 190 €, Display (Samsung Syncmaster B2430L) 187 €.
Let's say I could invest absolutely max 550€, what would you suggest?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:35 pm

So you have roughly $862 US dollars...yeah we can build ya a nice PC for that, give us a bit to pick ya out some parts, then of course hopefully you'll be able to get them in Germany. Can ya find out if Newegg ships to Germany, it'd greatly help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Benchmark Calculator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next