HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

FFXIV Benchmark Calculator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Newegg only ships inside the US.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

ok, just checked: newegg is not an option: custom charges and tax would eat up the better prices, even if they would have delivered to Germany.
Maybe you could check there for components and prices and I will try and get the stuff here or in UK.
I checked on the mainboard: M2N68-LA with PCIex16 slot.
I also still have the case of my last computer with a 500W power supply, though no SATA connectors (would adapters help? my DVD-Writer and harddisk are SATA)
This case only has 300W which I was told would be a bit weak.

Damned, I should better be up-to-date with gaming hardware, but I disregarded it for some time now.

Anyway I appriciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Well.. given your budget I would look at these components. This is a little long so bear with me...

GPU: GTX 460 1GB
This one runs about $229, sometimes you can get it cheaper, and it'll beat the snot out of any ATI card at its price point... it'll even beat more expensive ATI cards. EVGA and Gigabyte are two solid brands. There's a 768mb version... don't get that one... spend the extra $20 for the 1gb.

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 965
This processor is $179 here, and you can't beat it's speed for the price. Quad core and clocks at 3.4gHz.

Motherboard:
Any that will support the AMD AM3 socket, and has at LEAST one PCI-Express x16 graphics card slot. ASUS and Gigabyte are both solid brands for AMD.

If you want to keep the memory (RAM) chips you're using now, you'll need to find out what type they are. Based on your current build, I would assume they are DDR2, but you'll want to make sure. Your computer's properties will tell you the type of RAM you have. This is important to note because you will need to make sure your motherboard supports the type of RAM you have.

If you want to save some money, keep your existing hard drive and CD-ROM.

You can use your existing computer case as well, however you will need to find out what size motherboard the case is built for. The majority are either ATX or Micro ATX.

If your existing computer case is small, it's likely a Micro ATX case and motherboard, in which case you will want to buy a new case, as most of the motherboards that will have the features you need will be the ATX form-factor.

If you get a new case, I recommend the Coolermaster HAF932. It's about $130 over here, but it has 4 HUGE fans so it has great airflow, has tons of drive bays, and is very solid.

Power Supply
I would recommend AT LEAST a 750-watt PSU. Make sure it has enough connectors for all your drives, and has at least two 6-pin PCI-Express connectors (for the GTX 460). Most 750-watt PSUs on the market today will more than meet your needs for what I recommend above.

I think that about covers everything. If you don't feel comfortable putting a PC together, you could probably hire a local computer repair store to do it for you... probably cost you a little in labor, but at least it'll be done right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 am

Looks like I have more troubles with my configuration: I have DDR2 RAM, every mainboard that supports that CPU has DDR3 RAM slots, and I definitely don't have the money to renew RAM as well. And the prices are higher here.

My cases are 1 midi and 1 mini tower, with additional fans, they are suffient for it.

Ok, as getting everything is not possible: I will stay with the stuff I have, get that new GPU (206€+shipping), use the better powersupply, get the new display and start saving for the other stuff.

(Mainboard would be 80-100€, CPU 150 €, RAM ~70-90€, Powersupply ~90€ - if I would get everything alltogether >800€+shipping, which is a no-go at the moment)

I don't have any problems assembling the parts, I'm just terribly out of date with my hardware info.

Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 pm

the new gpu will help out. I would say you will be fine and along the way you can bump up the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Benchmark Calculator   

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Benchmark Calculator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2