HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

hey hey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:53 pm

hey EE, i'm craig a 26 yo scot. I'm a retail manager for a large Uk store chain, living with my girlfriend of 5 years. Been playing mmo's for about 6 years now including ffxi which holds some of my best memories. I started out playing GW, quickly moving onto WoW and ffxi interchanging many times during a 2 year period. I ended up sticking with wow as it suited the casual experince I was looking for at the time, at that time the last thing ffxi was was casual. Recently i've been playing Aion but i'm finding it very hard to get into, the pvp aspect being so gear dependant is a big disappointment. Very much looking forward to ffxiv as I plan on making it my home for the forseeable future, planning on rolling a marauder or TT i guess it boils down to what would be lacking in the ls. I caught wind of your ls through mmorpg and i was immediately interested as your attitude and aims match the experience I would like to get from ffxiv, so here i am :)

Last edited by Spirit on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Very nice to meet you Craig.

Looking forward to playing with you once the game finally launches.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Welcome to EE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 pm

Hello hello, welcome to our forums and having an interest in us. Its nice to have more EU players to round us out more and have members on around the clock, especially for those of us that like to stay up late all to often...hehe

Unfortunately before membership will be offered, I don't feel as though your name fits with our overall unique naming policy, so I ask that ya please come up with another one and let me know here. {Spirit sounds more like, well a spirit or what you'd name a horse or pet...hehe}

If ya have in mind a sur name too, then please include it in your reply and I'll get it changed for ya and added to our roster then...thx
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 pm

sounding like a horse was definately not what i was going for hehe, 3am here so you're not the only one playing when you shouldn't :)

how about 'torturis essdray'
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Spirit wrote:
sounding like a horse was definately not what i was going for hehe, 3am here so you're not the only one playing when you shouldn't :)

how about 'torturis essdray'

ROFL...just being honest.

Okay, there we go, now that's much more like it, can't say I've seen a name like that before. This is the uniqueness I'm eager to see everyone go for when I wrote our Naming Policy, not in the sense to be an ass and say no you can't use it, but for that stand out; I want to get to know your avatar feeling! hehe

Membership granted!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 am

welcome to EE ^_^ hope to see you in FFXIV
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:29 am

Welcome to EE.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi, and welcome! Good to see another retail manager. Yeah, this game looks a bit more casual than 11, though perhaps not so much as World of Whorecrack.

I too was an Aion player, and had high hopes for the game. I was not and am not much of a pvp player, and I was under the mistaken assumption that that would be alright in Aion. Not so much.

As far as what class or race you plan to play as, don't worry about it so much. There are no racial traits that affect any game statistics, if I've read that correctly from elsewhere. Also, changing jobs here is as simple as equipping a weapon.

So the main thing is to choose a race and culture that you'll have some fun with, no need to worry about the rest!

Sure, I'll give you my honest opinion. You may not like it, but you'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey hey   Today at 5:48 am

Back to top Go down

hey hey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: