HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Greetings everybody!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 am

Hello all,

I am a 42yrs old crazy grrrman lady, as somebody called me before.
I've been playing MMORPGs since 1998 beginning with Ultima Online, followed by several others like EQ1+2, AO, DAoC, Eve Online, WoW, ATitD, AC, Aion, Runes of Magic, peeked at Shadowbane and Neocron (1? 2? not sure).
All my time in UO and EQ1 (Main char: was an Enchanter) I was with the US guild I joined in my first month in UO (Molten Lava, reformed to Soulbound later on - now inactive).
As too much playing has proven unhealthy for me, I quit playing MMORPGs last year. With the intention of staying with casual gameplay I signed up for Free Realms - oh my god, no, that was a bit too casual and eye-hurting.
So I scanned the MMORPG.com-page for other games and became more and more intruiged by FFXIV. One of the reasons is my fondness for crafting and was very interested since I found out, that 2 of 4 disciplines are dedicated to craft-related classes. I tend to hord crafting stuff in every game.
So after reading about the game I preordered last week. The english version. As I once experienced the chaos on an international server with localized versions of a game (that was LotRO Open Beta) and absolutely hated that they even localized /commands, I was just glad I'd chosen the english client. People were asking all over the channels what the the german command for simple things like /played or /tell is... .
So I like crafting, I like MMORPGs, I have to keep it casual and I like being in a social guild with more than 3 or 5 people. I never had the idea of looking for a guild before the game actually started. But then I curiously followed the link on mmorpg.com in the guild recruitment channel and started to read the info. I can only say: a very broad grin from ear to ear was placed on face when I finished reading. Well, THIS is exactly what I was looking for. Mature, casual, social, no begging, RL first. All was there.
So I hope I can join and have fun with you...
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:22 am

Great to have you on board. Looking forward to playing along with you in September.
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:34 am

/cheers to female players ^_^ hope to see you in FFXIV
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 am

Welcome to EE.

A lot of us are looking forward to seeing how crafting works out. Hopefully it works for you too. We are glad to have ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:25 am

Sounds to me like you would enjoy being here.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Good to have you. We're starting to get quite the international mix here, which is always a good thing!

please don't throw me in that briar patch...
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Thank you for all the welcoming posts.

I don't think females are so rare in MMORPGs anymore - at least I have met quiet a few on my travels from game to game.
Though I still know several poeple who would like their girlfriends to be gamers as well - sometimes GF+gamer is no good combination. ;)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Hiya Liari and thx for the compliments on our values. What you said after you read them is a good reason why I chose this route when I began creating this Linkshell. Wanting to capture that essence of community, friendship, being social and of course playing together as that is what a multiplayer MMO is all about, but unfortunately that just doesn't appear to exist in most MMOs anymore.

Its like this new generation of MMO gamers don't care, but I suppose that can be tough to manage when the developers don't seem to care either, at least with all this solo~solo~solo style of play; which does speak rather loud.

As Dach said though, more international players are always great, and female too...can't ever have enough of them...hehe

Membership granted, shall see ya on our member forums, and please do fill out your profile if ya have in mind what you plan to play...talk with ya later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Vexia Ravenlocke

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 pm

You had me at crazy german lady. Welcome aboard!
~V
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Wielkommen!

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:27 pm

welcome aboard. your gonna have a great time here

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Thank you also Khalus, Vexia, Corday (to be "willkommen" is always nice) and Celas.
I think it was a good idea to join... :)
The profile what I will play will have to wait until the game comes out - as the entire FF series is new to me I will have to build my decision from scratch... come on people: I'm a woman, which is normally a synonyme for "I can't decide". So I will decide intuitively, when the game is installed (would be easier for me if I would be in Beta, but I doubt I can join you there unless there would be an Open Beta ...this would add the earlier possibility to try it out).
This restriction to one char slot without extra payment is hard for me, I normally create a char of every (good) race.

Last edited by Liari on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Liari wrote:
I'm a woman, which is normally a synonyme for "I can't decide".

Well I'm a guy and have remade my character prolly 4 dozen times and still can't decide on a look, and thats not even been 1/5 of the combinations possible. Choosing a char is always the hardest part for me, especially for XI and now XIV since you do everything on one, and you'll have that look for years and years!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Been busy and missed saying hello so greetings and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:46 am

Welcome!

I'm new to FF aswell and also have loads of decisions to make lol!
Back to top Go down
Siaan Maune

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Great to have you and look forward to adventurering with you. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everybody!   Today at 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Greetings everybody!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: