HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hi Ya'll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clisp

PostSubject: Hi Ya'll   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:47 pm

I am just saying hello to everyone I am interested in joining the group. I have played MMORPGs for the past three years, mostly World of Warcraft and a little Aion. These are my characters from WoW

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=P%C3%ADnky

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drenden&cn=Clisp

I have found that I enjoy social guilds that talk about things in-game and not their real life. The WoW community has left me wanting something more from MMORPG gamers and that is a static group that has a goal in mind when it comes to clearing content but still is willing to help a player become capable of clearing harder content instead of just calling them a "scrub." I play on RP servers in WoW when I am bored but like to play on PvP servers mainly for the competitiveness and the ability to find People with the same gear goals in mind that I have. I play more than a casual gamer most of the time but do not mind a casual atmosphere because I do take breaks from gaming for a few days at a time , sometimes. I like to help others in-game especially people that may not have as much time to invest in the game that I have. Basically I feel that I would be a great asset to your group as a player who plays 8 to 10 hours a day six days a week I could really help people. I like that your a a family friendly bunch since I have little brothers that like to play my characters once I get them to a powerful status they are young and I don't like them seeing offensive chat language.(They like to farm thats why I let them play I keeps me in the currency.)

Edit: Also, I plan on playing a Conjurer unless I am specifically asked to play a certain role then I can change but I want to heal.

Last edited by Clisp on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Hi Ya'll   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:52 pm

hi
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hi Ya'll   Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Welcome to EE.

Offensive language is a no no so you don't have to worry about your family being offended. Hopefully we will be a fit for you. As we always welcome players willing to help and fit into our casual community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hi Ya'll   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:09 am

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Things are pretty laid back but a few of us are gonna be going hard enough.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hi Ya'll   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am

Hello and welcome to our forums. However, I'm going to cut right to the chase though, and I don't do this very often either, but I'll be quite frank; the vibe I feel from your application ~ I don't think you'd fit in with our community here.

Allow me to explain, you made a new account over on MMORPG, and within your very first post in the FFXIV "Guild Recruitment" you said:

Quote :

I want to be in a guild focused on end game raiding and I play about 8 hours a day and maybe more on some days, mostly between 3pm and 1 am central time I have tanked and DPSed. I am in to PvP in WoW and have been focusing on that more as of late.

The links to WoW's Armory match what you posted there and here to confirm you are one in the same person. These posts are also of 45min apart, with the one on MMORPG first and then here where you have basically said you're looking for two completely different styles of play. Going from Raiding and PvP there, and then suddenly you wish to be casual and social here.

Neither of these events exist in FFXIV yet, and should they eventually it'll be at least a year or more, and they won't be in the form you're accustomed too from playing WoW and Aion. Also, the bulk of our members wish not to participate in such endeavors as we are primarily PvE focused, and quite the casual adventurers.

Membership Declined, though I wish you the best in finding an LS that would better suit your tastes!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Ya'll   

Back to top Go down

Hi Ya'll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: