HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello, and a little about me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feridlyin Ashenhand

PostSubject: Hello, and a little about me.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello there, my name is Ben. I have been following FFXIV since it was announced at E3 last year, and have been lurking around EE forums for nearly as long! I am very interested in joining Eldritch Eponym on your adventures through Eorzea, and hope that I can be a contributing member of your LS.

Past Gaming Experience: I started playing MMOs about 12 years ago with Phantasy Star Online for the Sega Dreamcast. I fell in love with the game, and it started my online video game addiction! I then moved on to Everquest shortly after, and stayed there for 7 years. I leveled a monk to 60 (max at the time) and started raiding hardcore. I raided a lot during the Velious / Luclin / PoP era, then played casually until finally quit. I then spent a great deal of time in FFXI, where I thoroughly enjoyed my time. I played on the Lakshmi server under the name of Valtrex. After my time in FFXI, I spent some time in EQ2 (3 max lvl characters), WoW ( too many max lvl chars to count), WAR, and Aion. No game captured me quite as much as EQ / FFXI, and FFXIV seems to be the next game that will hold me for a long time.

Expectations of Eldritch Eponym: I want to be part of a social linkshell that groups together, does missions together, leves, even just social events. I love that aspect of MMOs, and feel that FFXIV will emphasize community the way that FFXI did. If we end up raiding HNMs or whatever SE throws in, great! But I'm not joining EE to become the best raider in the game. I want to hang out and meet new people.

My Playtime: My playtime admittedly will be a bit sporadic for the next 8 months. I have already pre-ordered the collector's edition, so I will be starting FFXIV on the 22nd of September with many of you. However, I will NOT be playing hardcore. I will be playing as much as I can find time for, but I am in my senior year of college, and doing police academy at the same time. This will not leave much time for FFXIV, but I will do my best to play when I can. Police academy comes first, Girlfriend second, FFXIV / LS third.

Feridlyin Ashenhand is the name I used in Everquest, and would like to use in FFXIV as well. If you would like to know any more about me, just ask! Thanks for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:41 pm

sounds like you will fit in just fine here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Welcome Feridlyin, thats some introduction you have there, and I can tell ya really do care about the quality of MMOs you play, especially from your background choices. As far as your expectations go, what you've read on our Info page is just that...we are casual/social and looking to have a great adventures together at a slow yet content engulfing process while enjoying the journey...

We understand RL always tends to get in the way of our gaming, but that won't stop us from doing as much together when those that can't play as often; do show up from time to time. Course we don't yet know the restrictions on being higher or lower level than another in PTs yet, but we'll figure it out eventually.

Membership Granted, and we'll see ya in our member's areas.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 am

Welcome to EE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:44 am

Welcome and cu in game then.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 am

Hi and welcome
Back to top Go down
Siaan Maune

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:06 am

Welcome and nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:37 am

Onigiri Dance welcome ^_^ hope to see you there ~
Back to top Go down
Shirigu Bateau

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

Wilkommen zu EE.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Dobro pozhalovat'!
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:22 pm

こちらへようこそう!

Welcome, glad to see ya here, and hope to see you in about a month when 14 hits!
Back to top Go down
Scyona Vonsara

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 am

Rather impressive MMO history for one so young Onigiri XD

I would take a bet we have rubbed elbows once
Welcome aborad
Back to top Go down
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 pm

hey n welcome, nice mmo history, younger than me :( i totally missed the eq era was playing mgs Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Feridlyin Ashenhand

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Torturis Essdray wrote:
hey n welcome, nice mmo history, younger than me :( i totally missed the eq era was playing mgs Onigiri XD

You missed the best MMO there has ever been and will ever be. (In my opinion). The game has gone in a different direction since the beginning, or I would probably still be playing it today. FFXI was very similar in most regards to EQ1, and I think that's why I loved it so much. The "new-gen" MMOs, as people call them, don't appeal to me as much as older MMOs, but hopefully FFXIV will provide some old school features mixed in with the new. I've given up hope on a true EQ 2 (EQ2 was great at the start, then changed to a quest grinder like WoW after seeing Blizzards success).
Back to top Go down
Talas Kara

PostSubject: Welcome!   Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Huzzah! Welcome to EE. Can't wait to do some adventuring with you ! YAR Matey we be seeing ye in de game!!! (>**)>
Back to top Go down
Brukhalan Foe

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:17 pm

yeah gw and ffxi were my first mmo's, hopefully xiv will go some way to recreating the sense of community that has been missing from recent mmo's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and a little about me.   Today at 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Hello, and a little about me.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: