HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Hello   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:33 pm

HI everyone my name is Rob, i am 26 years old. i am currently looking for some folks to play final fantasy 14 with. i do work graveyards so i mostly on mid afternoon. i did play wow but ugh on it now i also played FF11 i had fun but after a while i had no one play with so i left. i have been follow ff14 on and off for the pass i would say year or so. i am really looking forward to a game where i can enjoy the content and not the level rush or item stuff. i look forward to getting know all of you. oh one more thing i should add i am huge warhammer 40k fan as well so my play style is either onward to glory or berserker ha ha. anyways looking forward to meeting everyone
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Hiya, and welcome to our forums and wanting to play FFXIV with us, however I'm a little concerned with your "onward to glory or berserker" style of play, which to me says I like to rush and gets things done as fast as possible, so I can't quite place it yet; should you fit in here.

Anyway, concerning your name, please read through our Info page to learn more about us and our naming policy, for you'll need to come up with something far better should you wish to earn membership with us.

Lemme know here and we'll go from there!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xzen Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Welcome. I think with the Onward to glory/berserker comment they mean the type of action/class they like. If that be the case marauder might fit you.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 pm

All is Dust.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 am

Welcome to EE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 pm

all is dust.....good line 1000 sons i would say. i see on my style can be misleading. i actually don't like to rush and get things done it is why i enjoy the final fantasy series. as for your concern about onward to glory it more of style of playing i have, as in i like being a tank and dying for the good of the group, the berserker bit means i like to DPS . as for the name i usually go by Ciaphas Cain after one of my favorite Heroes from my favorite book. another name i use is Talos Dembski. i hope those are more suitable, i used Robdc84 mainly it is my account name that's all, i thought the naming policy was mainly towards game my fault on that part. also if i need to make a new account to help with name change i can do that. hope to hear back from you soon.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Robdc84 wrote:
all is dust.....good line 1000 sons i would say.

Yep. =)

Thousand Sons was the army list I used to run before I gave my army to a buddy when I quit playing.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Monk Deode wrote:
Robdc84 wrote:
all is dust.....good line 1000 sons i would say.

Yep. =)

Thousand Sons was the army list I used to run before I gave my army to a buddy when I quit playing.

no kidding huh? i used Space marines and Chaos marines. i when more towards world eaters....i wonder why lol. i play a mix of space wolves and ultra-marines.

i actually just gone done reading the new book about them from the Horus Heresy books really awesome book i would say.
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Robdc84 wrote:

i actually just gone done reading the new book about them from the Horus Heresy books really awesome book i would say.

Yeah. I was reading the excerpts about the Thousand Sons from that book online somewhere. I really enjoy their back story, but sadly 40K was getting too cookie cutter for me. I know it simpler to have "Rending" and "Feel No Pain" replace all the special rules that certain armies had, but it just feels bland to me now. I loved the days when my Sons were immune to STR 3 weapons and less, had two wounds and could include a fully decked out Sorcerer in each 9-man unit.

Oh, plus they got to re-roll misses on Space Wolves. Although, that helped you more than it helped me. ;)

Last edited by Monk Deode on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Monk Deode wrote:
Robdc84 wrote:

Yeah. I was reading the excerpts about the Thousand Sons from that book online somewhere. I really enjoy their back story, but sadly 40K was getting too cookie cutter for me. I know it simpler to have "Rending" and "Feel No Pain" replace all the special rules that certain armies had, but it just feels bland to me now. I loved the days when my Sons were immune to STR 3 weapons and less, had two wounds and could include a fully decked out Sorcerer in each 9-man unit.

Oh, plus they got to re-roll misses on Spacewolves. Although, that helped you more than it helped me. ;)

Yeah the rules have sadly fallen apart little by little over the years, and i have not played a match in a while i still use 3rd rules with my friends. I am actually getting more into the Lore now since that is great reading time since i am at work all night long and with little to do anyways.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:17 am

tabletop...geekdom...must...resist...urge...to...join in!

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:18 am

Robdc84 wrote:
i see on my style can be misleading. i actually don't like to rush and get things done it is why i enjoy the final fantasy series. as for your concern about onward to glory it more of style of playing i have, as in i like being a tank and dying for the good of the group, the berserker bit means i like to DPS . as for the name i usually go by Ciaphas Cain after one of my favorite Heroes from my favorite book. another name i use is Talos Dembski. i hope those are more suitable, i used Robdc84 mainly it is my account name that's all, i thought the naming policy was mainly towards game my fault on that part. also if i need to make a new account to help with name change i can do that. hope to hear back from you soon.

Ah I see, yes it was...sorry for the misunderstanding. Now about your name, either of the two you've posted would be great, but it'll be up to you to choose which you'd like to use. And the naming policy is across all facets: the forums, in-game and on ventrilo so that we can recognize at all times and better get to know each other.

Lemme know your choice and I'll get it changed for ya and update your account!
Back to top Go down
Scyona Vonsara

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 am

I like the name Talos - mostly for I can almost pronounce it :P
I hope my next post is to welcome you to our LS Onigiri Dance
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 am

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Robdc84 wrote:
i see on my style can be misleading. i actually don't like to rush and get things done it is why i enjoy the final fantasy series. as for your concern about onward to glory it more of style of playing i have, as in i like being a tank and dying for the good of the group, the berserker bit means i like to DPS . as for the name i usually go by Ciaphas Cain after one of my favorite Heroes from my favorite book. another name i use is Talos Dembski. i hope those are more suitable, i used Robdc84 mainly it is my account name that's all, i thought the naming policy was mainly towards game my fault on that part. also if i need to make a new account to help with name change i can do that. hope to hear back from you soon.

Ah I see, yes it was...sorry for the misunderstanding. Now about your name, either of the two you've posted would be great, but it'll be up to you to choose which you'd like to use. And the naming policy is across all facets: the forums, in-game and on ventrilo so that we can recognize at all times and better get to know each other.

Lemme know your choice and I'll get it changed for ya and update your account!

Talos Dembski please!!! thanks Khalus! yeah no prob now i fully understand the whole name bit.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:07 am

Alrighty then, membership granted, welcome to EE Talos! Oh and you have to log in with your full name now.

Talk with ya more on our member boards...
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:10 am

yay!!!! oh ok.... no space right?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:12 am

There is a space...
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:51 am

Welcome to EE!

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Surprised I haven't welcomed you yet... Better late than never I guess.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello   

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: