HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Highly suggested steps if everyone here wants to save their character data from beta into retail, so you can get started even faster...hehe

There is more to this article here

Quote :

When FFXIV goes retail, one of the last things you should be doing is spending more time tweaking the character you spent so much time with in Open Beta. For that reason, I suggest you plan the launch right now and start backing up all important character data. If you do this, you will be able to steamroll through the painstakingly long Character Creation process, and learn how to save all of your Open Beta macros.

Getting Started

To get things started, please navigate your way to the FFXIV 'user' folder, and back it up. The exact directory is listed as follows:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\user

Make a copy of the folder, and bring it to a directory of your choice. You will now be well on your way to making the transition to retail.

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:53 pm

That'll be quite useful, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Not so sure saving 5 minutes is so critical to me, especially seeing as there'll be more customization options.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm

The character creation part isn't such a big deal... I wrote down the options I used during CBT since they didn't have the save character data function, but the not having to re-do my macros will be useful.

Although... with so many of our members planning on rolling out Thaumaturge/Conjurer builds, I'm considering rolling out a Lancer/Maurauder or Lancer/Pug build... I might fiddle with that over the next few days to see what combo might be most fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:57 pm

yeah, i didn't make many macros figuring that they'd be gone anyway, so not really much for me on that too. and as roan put the more customization options makes me not care about the character creation data. sooo i'm good ^.^
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Takes 2 minutes to make a macro and God knows we end up changing them every few levels anyway.
Back to top Go down
Xzelfie Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm

I haven't even made a marco... so I guess I really don't care. And with more customization options i'll be messing with all that for a while anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch    Today at 3:59 am

Back to top Go down

Backing up Character Data for FFXIV's Launch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1