Joined : 2008-05-21
Posts : 4384
|Subject: Choosing Path Companions @Rank 20 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 am|| |
When players reach a certain point in the main scenario quests, they will be faced with an important decision—the selection of a Path Companion. We have prepared a simple guide to help.
At the onset of the fifth main scenario quest, players will be presented with the opportunity to select an NPC to join them in the search for truth behind the mysteries surrounding Eorzea. This NPC is known as a Path Companion., and players will be faced with several important decisions when selecting the one just right for them. After deciding on a class and nickname, players must also select the race and gender of their companion. The personality of NPC will vary greatly depending on which combination is chosen. The following is a list of the nine different types of personalities available:Midland Hyur Male
Midland Hyur Female
- A fine if somewhat conventional companion, possessing a strong sense of justice, an indefatigable spirit and…so on.
- A gregarious though slightly egocentric young woman. If you can put up with her, she won’t let you down.
- Being a man wholly focused on his mission, this highborn fellow can seem rather curt, if not downright rude.
- A studious sort with exemplary manners. Serious and trustworthy, as you’d expect, but possibly a little…stiff for some tastes. Still, if you loathe over-familiarity, she may be just the companion—sorry, colleague for you.
- It is said that a hero lies within us all. In the case of this rather sheltered young Lalafell, one might assume that the hero in question does so under his bed, hoping his harpy of a mother won’t think to look for him there. Will you be the one to coax him out?
- Does your world want for a wealth of wordplay and wit? An abundance of alliteration, assonance aplenty and a soupcon of sibilance to seal the deal? Well, you were warned.
- A lady who knows what she likes, and likes a little bit of everything. Don’t be fooled by her coquettish manner and all-too-apparent charms; in her breast beats the fiery heart of a warrior. Not to worry, though, she’ll be gentle—assuming that’s what you like.
Highland Hyur Male
- When the going gets tough, it’s often nice to have a big, earnest, slightly credulous friend around—and they don’t come much bigger than this straight-talking Roegadyn.
- Women, wine, war and women. Just four—alright, three of the things which tickle the fancy of this brute of a man. He doesn’t so much stand on ceremony as stamp on it until it stops moving.