HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Quite an amazing amount of content forthcoming, with many features that I'm really excited for; however, all of this new content and features should have already been in the game at launch. I was on the beta boards for months and just about everything listed below was constantly being reported on by we beta testers that it needed to be added or at least addressed and SE ignored us all. It really is sad that it took 94% of their initial box sale customers to leave the game "during its free period" no less; before SE would finally start making some changes and putting out tutorial guides. {As they have been on the Lodestone.}

I'm still looking forward to giving FFXIV another chance in the future, but after playing FFXI for 4+ years and knowing how Square spreads their Version Updates out, usually over 3 month intervals, all the even better updates listed in the 2011 boxes prolly won't be seen until late February or sometime in March. So I will continue to stand by my decision until beyond this disappointing period of waiting for features that should have already been there.

Currently I'm now playing WoW again and soon Cataclysm, then there are other newer MMOs on the horizon such as Guild Wars II, TERA, Rifts and maybe even SW:TOR in the coming 6 months. {That all of which I really wasn't interested in because of XIV...but!} SE has got to step up their game and go well beyond these features for their Summer and Fall Version Updates to really make me wanna come back. So here's hoping that they will continue to develop Hydaelyn into the fantasy world I was looking forward to adventuring in...

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:11 pm

I am looking forward to these changes. Hope to see everyone back online once it becomes a game worth playing. For now I like others am off waiting out the patches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Company owned ships and buildings?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 pm

SHIPS! I love games with player owned/controlled ships! I can only imagine the massive undertaking that will be required for that... but man it would be sweet to have your own company frigate docked at LL.

Only thing needed now is company warfare... I mean... what good is a frigate armed to the teeth with 9" canons if you can't consign another company's frigate to the briny deep?

Onigiri XD Onigiri Cheer

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:46 pm

I really hope the update is as good as it seems.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:20 pm

not to sound like a jerk but i will believe it when it happens, SE really let me down
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:14 am

wtg SE ^^ thanks for the updates and all the people who still with us in game ~
I know I'm still having a blast here ^^.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Very nice. Just read the list. got me pumped. I have been waiting on the Company feature the most, aside from the UI changes.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Iv been watching Mmo devlopment in general for a long time. I knew they were 1 year short of a completed game. Even maby 2 years.

I think I even said it in ventrilo then everyone disagreed with me imidiatly. Meh.
Part of why im still playing may well be because my expectations were not
as high as the majority.

As incompleat as the game may be as we speek. I can see a very solid backbone
to a healthy and enjoyable Mmo. And thats why iv decided to stick it out.

Sure some will say im paying for a incomplet game, I am !
All mmo's with a montly pay skedual are never complet.
Thats why you pay. Your helping them with the cost of devloping
it.

94% of players leaving wont help this game.
It wont even help the mmo industry.

All this dose is push production of yet more Wow Clones.
To each his own opinion. That is the beauty of free speech.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:01 am

For me, the game is not perfact atm, but as I don't have as much time to play as I'd like it is suffient. On a slow pace. But I still found it a bit disturbing when I was the only one online on a sunday evening (ok, morning/midday for most of you)
I think the economy will have a kind of blast with the coming search feature for bazaar. If it is good enough I hope they don't implement any AH - this would only attract goldsellers to the game.
AH in WoW is imho one of the main reasons why GS are so successful there.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am

never quite understand why AH would attract goldseller... mind giving me some explanations??? thx... (not being sarcastic, i really don't understand ; ; )
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Gold sellers farm resources (mostly mining and skinning) and sell them on the AH. Farming resources and selling on the AH is the fastest way to earn gold in WoW (or any MMO for that matter).

IMO, I don't think the AH attracts gold sellers. People who want an /easywin button attract gold sellers. The AH is just an avenue they have for making gold. If the AH didn't exsist, they'd just spam the trade channel with "WTS Kodohide leather. 20 stacks avail, 20g per stack. pst"

If/when FF14 starts seeing population returning, we'll probably see more gold sellers, with or without an AH. Even without an AH, gold sellers will still be able to sell stacks of resources in their personal shop. They'll just put their toon in a high-traffic area, and spam a message to attract people to buy their crap for Gil that they resell.

The only way to eliminate gold sellers entirely is to have a zero-money system where all products are bought and sold with other products via some sort of barter system... however this system would be nearly impossible to implement into an MMO as there are far too many variables.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm

AH would make it too easy to find the "best prices" or "rarest item" and for GS it would be easier to flood the market - making fast sales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates   

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Content of Upcoming Large-Scale Version Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1