HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

Interesting article...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/04/warhammer-40k-dark-millennium-online-a-grim-dark-future/

Quote :
Remember that bit in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook where that Space Marine went into a Space Marine village and was cornered by a commoner with a yellow exclamation mark above his head? The one who told him to go out to his garden and kill ten snotlings that were terrorising his space-crops? No you don’t, and neither does Mike Maza, creative director on Warhammer 40K MMO Dark Millennium Online.“We just couldn’t wrap our heads around a Space Marine killing ten wolves for their pelts. It’s just not 40K. We don’t want to give those kinds of quests to the players, we think it takes you out of the fiction. The objectives of our quests are far more epic than that.”

Quote :
half of Warhammer 40K is focused on getting within spitting distance of your enemy and then jabbing the pointiest thing your race knows about into their eye.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

good find, also nice quote too. we must have a debate over vent tonight.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 pm

yay no haveing to kill so and so number of mobs, i hope the quests are more along the lines attacking enemy strongholds or assaulting a attack line so your back up can flank them or even going toe to toe with some chaos filth... damn heretics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 am

HURT MAIM BURN!!!!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 am

I can figure the Space Marine starting quest being to fend off an Ork assault. hopefully the boss can be a killa kan.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

personal i think space marine class should be unlock, u have to start as a human and earn it. and even you start as a lowly scout and u should have to work up to battle-brother then from either like assault, Librarian, tactic or heavy weapons. just my thoughts. also a commissar class would be awesome nothing say onward to glory like shooting your side to give everyone else a bonus
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Nice idea Talos, but "working" towards something other than end game raid or PvP gear is asking too much of this generation. If its not something they can have immediately, they'll just bitch and whine about it until the devs change it.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:56 pm

wont work talos, you know how anal games workshop is about there story and anything that deviates from established rules and fluff, for your idea to work, we would have to all be 13-14 years old to be able to become space marines

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Celas Seyrana wrote:
wont work talos, you know how anal games workshop is about there story and anything that deviates from established rules and fluff, for your idea to work, we would have to all be 13-14 years old to be able to become space marines

yeah we had this talk over steam last night, i think the scout idea would work u should have to earn power armor, today kids just bitch too much over not having what they want. it was i miss AO some days you had to work for your gear same with EQ. hell i remember playing muds good old dragon realms for the win! as for black Templar they don't use scout but the scout train under a full battle-brother
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 pm

doesn't mean you couldn't start as a scout marine and work your way up. Like scout > tactical > then tactical branches to either commander, assault, devastator. devastator can unlock the ability to use terminator armors at endgame. Assault and commanders can learn to use force weapons. that kind of thing. Meanwhile you also have the option of staying scout and learning to use more specific weapons like shotguns, flamers, sniper rifles and grenade launchers. while the tactical can use bolters, flamers, grenade launchers the devastator can use heavy bolters, plasma cannons, multi-melta's, rocket/missle launchers and the like. The real kicker is if you can become a dreadnought. I wonder how they'd work that out, or if the dreadnaughts would just be NPC's. still would be pro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future   

Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40k – a Grim Dark Future
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1