HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am

BLAH!!! Seems I must have gotten a faulty GPU after all. Everything was fine for 2 weeks the I started to experience some crazy graphical anomalies and stretched section of graphics that looked like long pillars across the screen. Also at various times during gaming, watching TV shows or just sitting at my desktop there would be these pink lightning shaped lines all over or in certain section of an image. I did consult with EVGA tech support and even help on their forums and everything I was told to do worked for a few hours or days and the problems would then return.

Excellent card, just a faulty one at times, and even though I could have still done an RMA at anytime through EVGA, their RMA process was an odd one, basically don't send anything back except the card, if you send the box of accessories back they won't return those to you, just another card so that got me concerned as to whether I'd be getting a new GPU in return or just another GPU they fixed from another RMA. You also have to pay return shipping.

That didn't sit too well with me so I contacted Newegg where I bought it at and explained my issues, and how they do an RMA, and they insist you return everything, thus leading me to believe you get a new card in return. On their page it says they may fix it or replace it, and while thats better I decided to take it another step. With the live-chat CSR I asked if its possible to pay the difference and have them upgrade me to the superclocked version during the RMA process and of course they wouldn't, however I guess I got lucky and not only was I offered a full refund RMA, without the normal 15% restocking fee, but she also gave me a prepaid return shipping label through UPS as well.

Nothing but win, and it gets better, I'm getting a full $360 refund, but when I bought this GPU I only paid $335, cause I got a $10 price match refund when the priced dropped to $350 for a single day, but I also got a $15 credit when I attempted to cancel the order and reorder the superclocked ver. The nearly week long wait to get my money back was too long at the time and I wanted my new GPU, so I kept the order.

Now the only thing that really sucks is that I must power down and get this card sent back today and ~ 'sob reinstall my GTX 275 for about 2 weeks during this process 'sob ~ and according to Newegg they are out of stock on the GTX 570 Superclocked vers until Jan 14th, so even if I get my refund before then, I gotta wait til then plus the shipping period of the new order. Ah well, it'll be worth it in the end...

For those wondering about the difference between the Regular and the Superclocked vers, not much, just slightly higher factory clocked settings, which I could easily match and then some with the EVGA precision tools. However, the superclocked ver can be overclocked a great deal more than the regular edition, and can match the power of the GTX 580 much better.

Anyway, better get this GPU packed up and get it shipped out today...sniffle...

Some examples of the anomalies I was experiencing during WoW:

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Nice. You really made out on this one.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 am

superclocked also means its a lot hotter... had to compare temp inc vs performance increase
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 am

Nah, this new 500 series of GPUs are incredibly cool, with their new vapor chamber and heck I had my 570 heavily overclocked and at idle was sitting at only 31-36c, my 275 idle atm is 46-48c.

Even under heavy load the 570 was not going above 60c unless I was playing FFXIV, the 275 hit temps of over 80c regardless of what I play.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...   

Back to top Go down

RMA the GTX 570 I recently bought...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1