HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

So how many are planning to play Rift?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm

As the title asks, and what side do you plan to play on!? Am just wondering who will be playing. I still don't know if I will be playing it, but we'll see.

I was, well still am very interested in returning to FFXI on a new account and join that rather large group of new players from MMORPG that started up on Titan recently and see how it goes, check out the changes and stuff before I'd reactivate my main account. Was only $5 on Steam so why not, cheaper than reactivating my main. Only problem though, I can't get POL to work on my PC. Its really odd, dunno why, always has before, but this time its being said its an incompatible application, but it works fine on my other PC. Planning to contact SE tomorrow and see if they know why this is, here is the original thread over on MMORPG with more info as to my situation...

If I can't get XI to work, there is always the option to play it on my other PC, or just get Rift an play that instead, decisions~decisions...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Yea I preordered this awhile ago.
So I'm going to play for at least a month.

Looks like the group I plan playing with is rolling Defiant on a PvE server.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:24 am

Already pre-ordered. I'm still in there air about Guardian or Defiant... the elf +10 wisdom buff is right up my cleric-lovin' alley... so I'm sorta leaning that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 am

not going to play rift.... will definitely roll a new one on ffxi on titan if khal did make it back to ffxi as well xD

atm i'm keeping myself busy with eve online and the wakfu closed beta that khal provided (thx khal). its cute, a good change of scenery... and found out that gobball occasionally humps gobblette lol... french.... they had to include lovemaking in everything lol....

anyway just waiting on khal or anyone else that might be interested in coming back to vanadiel...
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:23 am

I may try out rift but not any time soon. Our last game we tried at launch didn't go so well. I will give it a few months before I pick it up.

As for XI I just don't have the time to indulge right now. But if you do get situated on Titan I will make a toon one day and jump on every now and then.

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Well, I dunno if I'd stay on Titan yet, its just an option to see if I'd consider my main account someday. Just wanna see the changes and if this crowd of mostly new players is as large as it sounds.

BTW, hiya Soten, havn't heard from ya in awhile!
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:46 pm

i have per-ordered rifts, trying to see where most of the people are going in the guild. time will tell
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be playing Rift.

But if you guys are going to reroll characters in FFXI, I'd be totally open to doing that.
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:05 pm

im def playing rift
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Doesn't look like I'll be playing XI after all, since for some reason PlayOnline doesn't want to work on my 64-bit system anymore, yet it did all last year when we played last.

Gonna look over my budget, and other games coming out soon and decide if I should bother getting into another MMO, or Rift for that matter. I'll do that tonight sometime...

BTW here is the US launch server list: {if I decided to play, I'd prolly pick Faeblight {RP} as thats where I was during beta and the community was quite good, and helpful in world chat, nor did I see anyone get irate and fight.}

• Belmont PvE
  • Briarcliff PvP
  • Byriel PvE
  • Deepstrike PvP
  • Faeblight RP
  • Gnarlwood PvE
  • Greybriar PvE
  • Keenblade PvE
  • Lotham PvP
  • Reclaimer PvP
  • Seastone PvP
  • Shadefallen RP
  • Shatterbone PvE
  • Snarebrush PvP
  • Spitescar PvP
  • Sunrest PVP-RP
  • Wolfsbane PvE
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Hey ^^ and yea haven't posted in a while although I try and read through posts when I can. Hope rift works out well. I will try it out eventually just not quite yet.

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 am

I'm gonna suggest Sunrest, as someone threw out that RPers tend to be a bit more level headed and id like to do some Guardian smashing on their own turf. Depends on the lowbie gank rate though i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 am

Played on both Sunrest and Faeblight. I agree with Khalus that the population on Faeblight, on the whole, was pretty good. Same could be said for Sunrest.

I gotta say though... there is something to that adrenaline rush that comes from playing on a PvP server like Sunrest. As I was running around chasing rifts I didn't get ganked. I got into a few scuffles, but never got killed by some high level... I did get wtfpwnt by a raid of like 30 Guardians as me and like 5 others were closing a rift... but that's part o' da game! RP servers tend to keep the maturity level higher, so the ganker/griefer population should be low.

Faeblight or Sunrest... I still prefer Guardians. Celas... back me up here bro! Onigiri Smiley

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 am

don't think the problem is because of the "64-bit" thing... i use a 64-bit system and i can log on POL up to the game login, where i couldn't go any further...

khal would never play the white side.... he's all into the dark side lol.... even tho i don't think defiant is evil at all...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am

The side doesn't really matter, cause everyone is really evil at heart when given the chance anyway. Its more the races to me, and honestly I enjoy the human options on both sides more.

Gonna try Dragon Age II tomorrow then Radiant Historia whenever is appears on torrents and let those kinda determine if I end up playing many of the other games listed in my other thread, well most I'm sure I'll still play, when though is the question...

Doesn't Rift like launch tomorrow though, 24th for head start? Also are you all planning to play together and form a guild, or just go you separate ways? And lastly, I highly doubt I could commit to playing on a PvP server, I dunno if I could get into it, or the thought of trying to read text for a quest or achievement or whatever and have someone gank me for no reason...that drives me nuts!
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

I have a small group I'm going be playing with on Byriel (PvE)
There is like 12 of us, atm, only 2 of them have I actually played with before in one of those other MMOs I have played (WoW/WAR/Aion)
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:49 am

I'm pretty definitely going PvP, I tried guardian and just cant do the questing for em, all the "find a shrine and pray at it" quests drove me nuts. I'll be on tomorrow after work if anyone wants to hit me up. I'll be under Gath. I'd love to get the guild going on there, but it seems like the shell is pretty split on the server option.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 am

Gath, I may just join yas tomorrow night if yer still on when I get online. If I get ganked like crazy I'll just drop into Faeblight instead... but I'm hoping that is not going to be a huge issue on Sunrest.

Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:26 am

awesome, the more the better Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Ended up going to freeholme. I wanted sunrest, but by the time i got home, all the servers were full and I had to wait for a new one.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 pm

the servers are pack i am on Ly or whatever questing is well super hard since everyone and there mom is killing the same stuff u are lol
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

yeah same boat, only at 21 now. hopefully they do some server transfers soon
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Now to see how long these packed servers will last, and well I'd imagine it'll get worse on Tues. Oh, are there lvl 50 players yet...?
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:09 pm

I did a search and couldn't find anyone over 30 last night
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Its just been reported there are lvl 50s on the Sunrest server...and that was some 12hrs ago. So in less than 60hrs, plus it hasn't been officially launched yet. I can see it now, after the 30 free days are over the masses will leave in droves once again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So how many are planning to play Rift?   

Back to top Go down

So how many are planning to play Rift?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next