HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

EE revived on the Gilgamesh World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Post here if you'd like to rejoin us!  Unfortunately Gilgamesh is damn near impossible to log into this weekend, even I had trouble just 20min after worlds went live.  Its possible to get on, but you gotta have a ton of patience.  If you can't get on before OB ends, then sadly you'll have to wait until Early Start or Launch to try again.

It should be possible eventually, there are a ton of "checking it out" players overloading the worlds right now and Gilgamesh is the most popular world that quite a few huge communities have called home.

Anyway, post below if you want to join us, looking forward to chatting with everyone again soon!

Newsletter wrote:

Hey everyone, been a few years!  

This has been a long time coming and I wasn't sure if I wanted to resurrect this LS or not.  Still not sure based on how FFXIV is targeted at the solo player.  There is group content using the Duty Finder and I've noticed people forming massive FATE grinding parties, supposedly very good XP too, especially against Goblins.  Still though, all quests, storyline missions and guildleves are designed to be soloed and balanced for every class to complete them without help.

Anyway, I really don't have the time to bother with heavily updating or monitoring a website like I tried last time, or encouraging everyone to be active and talk often, and all kinds of other BS that seemed to be the standard for LS/Guilds then.  And to be honest I don't have the patience for it either, plus I have a ton more responsibilities these days.

There have been several members I've kept in contact with, a few who have been pressuring me to get us back together, but I've been resisting.  With launch only 9 days from now, Early Start to begin on the 24th for Legacy & Pre-Orders and I'm having more than I thought, I decided to write this letter and see who is out there and would like to come join us!

More or less, this LS will be social above all else and kinda like a reunion of sorts and we'll go from there!  If you're not already active with another LS on a different server and would like to join us on the Gilgamesh World, then please let us know in this thread:

http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com/t2531-ee-revived-on-the-gilgamesh-world#18948

Hopefully we'll have a good time together once ARR is fully launched! 

Khalus Akuhei {this is also my char name if you're already on Gilgamesh}
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey i didn't pressure you! lol

yes i will be there as always
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Uh huh, sure ya didn't^~!

If you can't recall your login info, you can still post here as a guest, I can change it for you if need be.
Back to top Go down
a person

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:28 pm

I can't even remember signing up! Interesting to see what type of contacts I can make through this group, but I don't see myself playing a lot. I've only had a short introduction into FFXIV (when it was horrible), so I never had the chance to formally join any LS. If you keep on updating its progress, I might consider sending a request for an invitation soon.
Back to top Go down
kingcrio

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Don't remember being in a linkshell but hey if one exists I'll go ahead and jump in on the train if I can log into the Gilgamesh server.

I also forgot my username though.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 pm

a person wrote:
 If you keep on updating its progress, I might consider sending a request for an invitation soon.
Sorry but not going to be posting very much here, learned very well that LS/Guild forums just don't garner the attention to keep them updated extensively, tried for years with many MMOs.  All the info you could want are on the official forums and soon the relaunch of the Lodestone.  Links to both are on the links page.

Most communication will be had in-game, while we're having fun and progressing!  If you can get on Gilgamesh, just send me a /tell someday if you want to join.  You can join here too if you want and I'll make you a member to see the members section, but just know it'll be semi-silent around here except for new/returning communication to meet up in-game.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:27 pm

kingcrio wrote:
Don't remember being in a linkshell but hey if one exists I'll go ahead and jump in on the train if I can log into the Gilgamesh server.

I also forgot my username though.
Good Luck with that, been trying to login in all day to no avail.   If can't recall, can just make a new one.
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm

I'll be there. Good to finally know the early access times as I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Dnol Rill

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I'll be joining the new server 
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Sounds good, just know that SE has said there will be high congestion this weekend, so try to get in early or you may not be able to get on Gilgamesh right away.
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:25 am

Well I'm closing most of the week so if it starts early enough Thursday or Friday I should be able to get on and create my character. Then I can definitely play Sunday without interruption.
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Hey guys! It's been quite a while since I've been on here :).

Myself and a few of my RL friends have been debating coming to ARR. We will play on Gilgamesh with y'all.

I am trying to find a download link, since I have a 1.0 collectors edition.. but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if I need to do anything special to get access?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Netheri Vaiusi wrote:
I am trying to find a download link, since I have a 1.0 collectors edition.. but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if I need to do anything special to get access?
FFXIV:ARR Launch Client

Since you are not Legacy or pre-ordered, you'll have to wait until Aug 27th when servers are officially live.  Also, you may not be able to update the client until then either, they were gating it just for those that have early access, dunno if its open for all yet.

You do get a copy of the game for free though, plus the ARR CE digital items, don't need to do anything, your account will be updated and playable come launch.

Whenever you're able to log in and join us on Gilgamesh, just send me, Celes or Talos a PM to get an invite to the LS.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:23 pm

I will join you all as well. May be a few days before I can log in though. Hope to talk with everyone soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are some things that can beat smartness and foresight? Awkwardness and stupidity can. The best swordsman in the world doesn't need to fear the second best swordsman in the world; no, the person for him to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a sword in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do; and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot."  -Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh hey Soten, havn't heard from you in forever!  Sure thing, whenever you guys can get in, just send me a message.  I'm on more in the evenings/early AM.
Back to top Go down
Iaesa

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 pm

I have been constantly asking Talos about the revival of EE and I am glad to hear that it is now coming back! However, I tried to join the Gilgamesh server today and it is closed off. I didn't see the news I guess prior to logging in out of pure excitement. I guess I will make a character on an alternate server and then hopefully do a server transfer. Or do we have an alternate server as well?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 am

There is no alternate server, Gilgamesh it is!    However there is ongoing maintenance as of this moment that says:

Quote :
- Preparations for adding new Worlds in the following week
- Preparations for handling an influx in concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder

Additional info found from another post:

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologize for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Worlds will be back up at 5am CST, if you're awake do try and make a char!

Hopefully they'll start allowing new chars to be made on Gilgamesh soon, or maybe new players will choose the new realms and congestion will be relaxed.  Am going to assume that transfers will cost $20 like they do for XI, so its up to you to want to pay that or wait a few more days and see if the new servers will make it possible to join us.  Either way it'll be great to have you all back together again.

Sucks that this is happening, but thankfully the game is running great and has been a blast so far!  Thats something to look forward too!
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 am

Yea they currently have stopped creation of characters on a lot of servers.

Here's the snippet:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/cf1eaca313d19fa32acf00c6b51b10085a5404ca

Quote :
Currently, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Exodus
Faerie
Lamia
Siren
Midgardsormr
Adamantoise
Coeurl
Malboro
Ultros
Behemoth
Cactuar
Goblin
Sargatanas
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Balmung
Excalibur
Hyperion
Tonberry
Mandragora
Bahamut
Chocobo

In the event of any changes in the situation, follow-up news posts will be posted here as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
I tried this morning with no luck. With the congestion I'll be lucky if I can make a character and start with you all on Saturday.

It's good to know the game is running great. I played a lil bit on the Hyperion legacy server but I can't help but be disappointed over everything.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 am

Disappointed over everything?  What do you mean?

Oh and it would seem according to what many have been saying in open chat, the issues with logging in have gotten better, not requiring to constantly click and get 1017 error full server being full.  Apparently the congestion has been resolved or rather they made it where more players can be on at the same time.

Hopefully this, along with the new worlds coming soon will allow new character on existing worlds.
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Sorry everything was the wrong word to use. I'm just bummed out by the lack of being able to play. I've been really psyched for this...

Here's hoping I'll be on Gilgamesh soon.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Even I can't play in the evenings, constantly getting 1017 "server full" during peak times!
Back to top Go down
Vjad Shadoweye

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:42 am

Yea. I have a sliver of hope though. I ended going to bed around 2:10am last night. I check the server list to see which ones we're open to character creation and just about all of em we're except 5 and Gilgamesh was one of those 5. I would have stayed up to attempt to create a character but I have to work evenings today and then mornings on Friday so that was a no-go. However Friday night I usually go play cards with some old co-workers and friends and usually get home around 2am. So I'll check Saturday morning and stay up a bit since I'm off that day.

Maybe I'll get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm

This is getting out of hand, they need to hurry up with the increased server cap. i can only get on and play when its either early in the morning or really late at night. i cant play in the morning becuse i have to take care of kids for school and clean up the house. i cant do late at night because i like to spend time with the family, so my only open time to play is mid day but i can ever log on. im honestly thinking of canceling my account and uninstalling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Weird, shouldn't have any trouble getting on during the day.   I play during the day cause I can't get on in the evening and it always lets me on.

There are new servers being added early next week, but until then this is how its going to be, although unless they allow free server transfers which people are asking for, dunno if that will change things right away.   Also they did increase server capacity a few days ago and the worlds still capped out again.  There was an article the other day with data SE released, breaking the record for most players concurrently online with over 178k.

Launch week woes, it happens!  This is actually a good thing too, FFXIV is getting positive recognition!

There are a lot of people on forums threatening to quit, but it'll be yours and their loss if you do.  Its a great game with a solid story, and its only launch week one.  Sucks you and others can't play as often or on the servers you want, but it'll get better soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EE revived on the Gilgamesh World   Today at 9:20 am

Back to top Go down

EE revived on the Gilgamesh World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next