HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Brialyn....Hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Brialyn....Hi!   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi! I found this through mmorpg.com. I thoroughly excited about FFXIV! I played FFXI from 2001 until 2004. In 2001 I was working a cubicle bee job where I was home everyday by 4 and playing by 4:15 until lord knows what time. In 2004 I decided I couldn't continue to work in that environment and perhaps it was time to pursue the career I had always secretly desired to do (teaching) so I started college and found that it was much harder to be logged in be a certain time and I could no longer afford to stay up late a night, as I was now going to school and working. I had less time during the week and found that I wouldn't even log in at all because I could not get much accomplished in the 45 - 60 minutes I had. I still played on the weekends but it eventually got to me that I couldn't play during the week when I could really use that hour break from the real world. So I ended my subscription, came back after a month, ended it again, came back after two months, etc.

I left the game for WoW, which was fun in the beginning but I found that it was always lacking something. I played WoW regularly until the 1st expansion Burning Crusade was released, than the gameplay went down hill for me. I quit and tried LOTRO, which I loved but I missed my guild back in WoW who I still had close connections with through e-mail. I went back to WoW for a while then tried AoC, I enjoyed the graphics and the gritty feel to the world but still missed my guild in WoW so I went back after WoTLK was released. I've been back in WoW since January and have a lvl 80 druid that I raid with. I do love my guild but I am reaching the point where the game holds no interest at all anymore. I have reached the point where I only really log in for raid days and not much beyond that because well the game is boring, at least when I didn't log in for FFXI it was because I knew I didn't have time to do the things I wanted to do, but it was never from boredom.

I miss the intricate details that FFXI had and I'm excited to hear that many of those are coming back to FFXIV. If I get around a group of people I enjoy I am fiercely loyal, as you can tell (a group of people kept me coming back to a game I never really enjoyed all that much). I played a RDM in FFXI and had sooo much fun with it. I'm hoping to find that fun and magic in FFXIV...especially since it will have content for those weekdays when I only have an hour :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Brialyn....Hi!   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello Brialyn. Nice to meet ya, and a little about your gaming life. I moved your post into a new topic, as I forgot to lock the sticky.

Glad to have you interested in us....I'll get you upgrade to a member shortly!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Brialyn....Hi!   Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:00 am

Oh sorry, thought we were to respond to the sticky, my bad!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :D
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Brialyn....Hi!   Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:33 am

Oh its all good, we all make mistakes, which we both did...hehe

I'm here a lot and I love to talk about things I love, especially FF! Not sure about the others yet, but I'm sure we'll be able to strike up something here and there. I'm just really eager for more details on XIV...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brialyn....Hi!   

Back to top Go down

Brialyn....Hi!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: