HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Hi there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xao

PostSubject: Hi there   Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm obligated to post this, so I'm saying hello to everyone, lol. I've been a member of this site sense way before it became FF based ((which was just a few days ago)) and was made for when WAR came out **Points at his post count/Join date**. As I said in some of your guys introduction topics, if anyone ever feels like gaming it up, or just chatting, throw me a PM. I usually troll the forums to see if anything new gets posted that interests me, but have been playing WoW a lot while waiting for my games to come out.

I'm also a huge RP fan, and have been thinking of making yet ANOTHER RP ((one of dozens over the last 5 years)). So if any of you happen to be into Role Playing, I'm probably the main person here for you to talk to about it ((I don't think Khal is that into it, and I haven't seen anyone else express any interest as well)).

Anyways, have fun doing whatever, and hit me up if anyone ever feels like doing something ^_^.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:55 pm

hehe....dunno if FF is really set up to RP or not. Don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing so! I don't really hate RP, but I've just never found a good crowd that sticks with it for any length of time, and it tough to do so when you play an MMO that doesn't have a dedicated or enforced rules set server.

Sure there are MMOs that have RP servers, but they still allow players that don't like to RP into them and they usually screw with everyone and make it feel like a normal server! For the most part they don't get punished for disrupting either and are allowed to continue their shenanigans!

So I'm taking it you would like to join and be reinstated into this Linkshell for FFXIV!? Would be great to have ya back and play with us. Already have a good group of players forming, and I expect it to get more active as more info is released. Also as far as I know I'm the only active FFXIV LS formed up and preparing for its release....though I'm sure a lot from FFXI already have plans to migrate there and continue.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xao

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:50 am

Yep, I'll be playing when it comes out. I hope they add an RP server, FF RP would be fun. And maybe even some kind of battle arena so you can challenge your friends in tournaments or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:08 pm

I haven't really had a chance to ever try role playing. I know there are rules and etiquette so I've been reluctant to just jump right in. I would be interesting in trying it one of these days.

It's nice to be formerly introduced, what server do you play in for WoW? I am on Madoran myself which is a normal server.
Back to top Go down
Xao

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:54 am

I play on Moon Guard. The RP player base there is probably the best out of all the RP servers. Sure, there are some trolls, but most of that is in the trade channel. Most people just hit ignore on them and act like they aren't even there xD. Stormwind is a huge RP hub for most people on there, and there is a tavern there I frequent that only ever has RPer's, and literate ones at that :).

RPing isn't to hard to get into. You just have to make sure you keep your characters actions, and what they're actually saying, seperate. That way no one gets confused with something like:

Xao leaned against the bar stool, thinking to himself. So exactly what happened to make you so angry?

Instead you would go:

Xao leaned against the bar stool, thinking to himself. "So exactly what happened to make you so angry?"

So pretty much anyone can jump in. Just try to spell as well as you can, and don't "tlk lyk dis lol k bai", and you'll be fine ^^.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:20 am

Don't know how strong you lean on the RP, but I like to RP every now and again. Its one of thoughs thing I do just to mess with people, but at the same time I like to wee what kind of personality I can make come up with. The sad thing is I've made so many differnt types, I tend to get my Up mix with with my Left.

I did play WoW for good while, but the elitest and few other things and/or people were just........
Any way, no need for bad thoughts.

As my first time on YOUR thread, a shout out and a hi to you.
Back to top Go down
Malicee

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

I do mostly pencil and paper RPing and really like it more but every once in awhile it's not bad in game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there   

Back to top Go down

Hi there
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: