HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

Fond Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baldrick

PostSubject: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:36 am

All I can say is WOW. It's amazing how two letters can bring back memories that have been buried so long... LS.
I haven't used those letters together in over four years but I long for the days that I did. FFXI was my first step into MMO gaming and will always hold a spot in my heart. That first run through LTP to the Dunes where I recieved my first pearl, a WHM named Skylarr picked me up halfway - saving me from a ram, intoduced me to a wealth of friends. Friends who have been there ever since, not in FF but onto other games. Regretfully I migrated aswell to WoW, in which have been some memorable moments but none like I had in FFXI. I have tried going back to FF but found it hard to start over from scratch, remembering what having multiple 75 jobs feels like compared to no SJ can be overwhelming heh. Anyways enough strolling down memory lane.

Baldrick was my name in FFXI, so only seemed fitting to use it in this next adventure. I have always been a FF fan since back on the NES. My gaming background started with a pong arcade cabinet and progressed to the Atari 2600. From there the NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, PS1, Gamecube, XBox, PS2, 360, and soon to be PS3. Yea I've had my share of systems and, to toot my own horn, still have them in working order. I've played a few MMO's since FFXI, tried GW and CoH/V but the just didn't hit me very hard. Forever an RPG fan but will play anything that is fun and holds my interest. Currently playing ..... well not much of anything. Just gathered the nerve to kick my WoW habit a second time, raiding just isn't as fun as it once was. Looking into Aion to perhaps hold me till FFXIII and FFXIV. Well thats a little about my history, so here's hoping to get to know you all like I knew my friends from Skyknights Alliance.

Longing to camp a NM,
Thomas
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:43 am

Hello hello, its great to have another former player of FFXI interested in FFXIV. Appears you've had your rounds of exciting adventure there as well! As far as returning I've started a trial account and its very tempting, but I too fall prey to the, but I was 75, and now I'm 1 with no subjob syndrome and its become tough to wanna start from scratch again!

Glad to have you interested in our LS, looking forward to chatting with ya and others and I'll get ya upgraded to a member shortly!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 pm

This info has me considering going back to FFXI: They are now offering Character Reactivation Service permanently, not just on special days.

The Character Reactivation Service offers customers who have deleted their characters an opportunity to adventure through Vana'diel once again with their original characters. When you obtain a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID, you can have previously deleted character data restored onto that ID, and resume play immediately!

* The application process for the Character Reactivation Service will differ according to your current FINAL FANTASY XI service status. Please confirm whether you are eligible before applying.
* Even if you are eligible for this service, there may be rare cases in which character reactivation is not possible.

Eligibility for the Character Reactivation Service

- The applicant must be a current PlayOnline member.
- The applicant has cancelled a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID, and is unable to use the regular Content ID reactivation process because the reactivation period has passed.
- The applicant has deleted his or her character.
* The above eligibility also applies to applicants who have deleted their characters on their Content IDs before creating a different character on the same Content ID.
* The above eligibility also applies to applicants who have deleted their characters on their Content IDs before cancelling the ID itself.

Applicants will be ineligible for the service if any of the following apply:
- The applicant has cancelled his/her PlayOnline account, but has never obtained a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID.
- The character has not been deleted automatically or deleted by the applicant.
- The character has not been deleted and can be reactivated using "Reactivate Content ID" under Membership.
- The applicant is currently playing, using the 14 Day Free Trial.
- The applicant had his/her PlayOnline membership revoked due to violations of the "PlayOnline Member Agreement," "PlayOnline Software License Agreement," "FINAL FANTASY XI Software License Agreement," and/or "FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement."

Customers who can still reactivate their characters through the regular reactivation process cannot use the Character Reactivation Service. Please confirm before applying.

[ Regular reactivation process ]
Character data is stored for 3 months after the Content ID has been cancelled. Within that time frame, Content IDs can be reactivated. If you perform reactivation procedures after 3 months have passed and your data has not yet been deleted, you will be able to reactivate your Content ID. If you would like to reactivate a Content ID, you can do so on the PlayOnline Viewer from: Service & Support → Membership → Contents → Reactivate ID.

There is other stuff to read on about it but I thought it was interesting and If I could get my old character back (which wasn't lvl 75, but I forged my way to lvl 45 over three years and was darn proud of it lol) I would seriously considering going back, how about ya'll :D

Oh and welcome Baldrick, glad to meet ya :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Its very tempting, but I've also though it could be fun to start over as well, too re-play much of the earlier story which was interesting! I've done Windurst all the way to rank 10, and Sandy to rank 6, but never did Bastok past like 2 or 3!

Bastok is also great to lvl on worms there....easy exp and quick especially if in a group! I'm assuming we're all on different servers as well so not only the additional $12.95 to reactivate on top of the initial monthly fee, + server transfer fees would be costly to get back in. It might be best to just everyone start anew together on the same server and re-earn everything. That would only cost us $14.99 - $19.99 depending where we bought it at!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Ah true...
Back to top Go down
Baldrick

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:20 pm

I wouldn't mind starting over if I knew there would be people there to level with. I tried getting back into it a little less than a year ago, but to my dismay the Dunes were all but barren lol. I haven't looked into reactivating my old character either, just figured it would be all but impossible with as long as it's been. If you all decide to start over let me know, it would be interesting to try out some of the jobs I wasn't around to unlock. Another plus would be the opportunity to begin gaming with some of the people I will no doubt see alot of come next year. Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to get to know you all better.
Back to top Go down
Xao

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:09 am

Welcome to the forums Baldrick. If you ever feel chatty about anything, or feel like trying a game out, but have no one that wants to try it with you, give me a yell. I'm always up for anything ^_^.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 am

Well even though I'm not going to go back to FFXI. I will be up for talking about differnt exp in FFXI, and any other FF games as well. So as there will be alot of other that probly like to as well.

See you in the realm of FFXIV and hi.
Back to top Go down
Malicee

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I have some of the same memories especially of my LS. Welcome to the LS.
Back to top Go down
Paell

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 am

Baldrick! I remember you! I was in SKA too. I was always running around with Sventeck and Dragkyar. Apparently earlier this year Skylarr finally quit FFXI. I guess some jerk came in and stole a bunch of people from the LS and turned a lot of people against her. It was a pretty sad story from Dragkyar. Hopefully she is still gaming somewhere, and maybe with luck we will see her in FFXIV. Hope all is well my friend, take care!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fond Memories   

Back to top Go down

Fond Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1